ALCOA vs CAK

APB whur iz tha Dock, Jelf, Fred, and Mark Pack-Her????...... B)

You are the only one that spotted Fred in that pic. :D

Attention to detail, folks....attention to detail.

I wasn't going to drag Fred into it until he said The F5 was not going to be able to run the ball on the air the other day.

Like GVK, I also spotted Fred in the background, but man I'm not going to point it out. B) Fred was one of the hardest hitters ever at UT and I think he can still deliver a shot. :thumb: Seriously, we're lucky to have him and I know the guys really like having him around.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to disagree that all the pressure is on Alcoa. CAK has yet to beat Alcoa, has yet to win a district title. Every year's team is different; so, no, CAK hasn't really met this Alcoa team yet.

In 2 recent games, Alcoa's opponent has scored a touchdown after our 1st 2, so, no, I don't think there will be any doubt if the game is close for a while. These boys know they can win, and take the games one at a time.

I do find it funny that noone among the CAK faithful has ventured to make a prediction. Perhaps there is quite a bit of doubt there?

I would have to disagree that all the pressure is on Alcoa. CAK has yet to beat Alcoa, has yet to win a district title. Every year's team is different; so, no, CAK hasn't really met this Alcoa team yet.

In 2 recent games, Alcoa's opponent has scored a touchdown after our 1st 2, so, no, I don't think there will be any doubt if the game is close for a while. These boys know they can win, and take the games one at a time.

I do find it funny that noone among the CAK faithful has ventured to make a prediction. Perhaps there is quite a bit of doubt there?

Tornado, that statement strikes me as funny. I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't have been more respectful of the Alcoa team and what they've accomplished. Everyone in the state knows CAK is an underdog in this game. And you are wondering if there is any doubt whether we will win the game? As my kids would say, "good job captain obvious." Seriously, as I've said before, Alcoa will be upset at some time. When it happens, IMO it will be from a very good team that has their best night, all the breaks go their way, and Alcoa has a mediocre or poor night. If I could predict when that will happen I wouldn't be worried about how to pay for college. Does CAK have a better chance to be the one to pull off the upset than a number of teams on your schedule? Abosolutely! Starting with the fact that our kids aren't already beaten before the opening kickoff like alot of teams you play. Will this (or in the playoffs if we meet again) be the night? If I get a clear answer on that before Friday I'll let you know! :thumb:

Tornado, that statement strikes me as funny. I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't have been more respectful of the Alcoa team and what they've accomplished. Everyone in the state knows CAK is an underdog in this game. And you are wondering if there is any doubt whether we will win the game? As my kids would say, "good job captain obvious." Seriously, as I've said before, Alcoa will be upset at some time. When it happens, IMO it will be from a very good team that has their best night, all the breaks go their way, and Alcoa has a mediocre or poor night. If I could predict when that will happen I wouldn't be worried about how to pay for college. Does CAK have a better chance to be the one to pull off the upset than a number of teams on your schedule? Abosolutely! Starting with the fact that our kids aren't already beaten before the opening kickoff like alot of teams you play. Will this (or in the playoffs if we meet again) be the night? If I get a clear answer on that before Friday I'll let you know! :roflol:

My gut tells me that at some point, CAK will beat Alcoa. It will be a year when Alcoa is down when compared to recent years, and, with the program that CAK is building, they are up. Unless, of course, they move to DII when the recruiting picks up! :roflol:

I just don't think it will be this year, however. It doesn't sound like too many CAK fans are thinking on those lines, either. Lou Holtz would be proud!

TG: I like your posts and you seem to be well informed most of the time, but I'm not real sure why you would find it funny that no CAK fans are making predictions or that anyone could possibly have any doubt. We leave that up to the Milan & AE fans :roflol: How many years did Alcoa fans say they were going to beat Maryville, make some big prediction, and then get the rug yanked out from under them? I believe we have all made it very clear that Alcoa is Alcoa, #1 in the state, 5 time defending state champion, with all the honor and respect that goes along with that. I've also cautioned others in the past not to be overly optimistic about their chances against Alcoa and I'm trying to take my own advice. Here's my prediction: CAK can beat Alcoa & I believe your fans know that to be true. Its not probable, but it is possible. CAK will give Alcoa a very stiff challenge and they won't get beat by 35pts or more as some posters are suggesting. Of course that too is possible but not probable as well.

You and I most certainly disagree on the pressure issue. NO one expects anything from CAK in this game, but EVERYONE expects the F5 to destroy us. CAK is already an automatic qualifier for the playoffs and has already secured the best start in the short history of the school. No pressures there. And while each team has its own individual personality to some degree, they usually follow the same patterns as long as the same coaching staff is there. The numbers may have changed, but Alcoa still runs the same defense & offense, just as CAK does. Anyway, no disrespect, we just don't agree. :roflol:

FBD: No disrespect is taken. We can agree to disagree; it's alright.

I think Alcoa does respect CAK, we know they're always a threat. In years past, if CAK had played other teams (mainly Loudon) like they had played Alcoa that same year, they would have beat them.

Anyway, here's to a good game with no injuries on Friday.

GO TORNADOES!

FBD: No disrespect is taken. We can agree to disagree; it's alright.

I think Alcoa does respect CAK, we know they're always a threat. In years past, if CAK had played other teams (mainly Loudon) like they had played Alcoa that same year, they would have beat them.

Anyway, here's to a good game with no injuries on Friday.

GO TORNADOES!

:roflol::roflol:

Alcoa 31 CAK 17

As for Alcoa having a down year I think it will be at least 3 more years of good Alcoa teams. I watched the Freshmen/JV game against CAK and it was not close. That doesn't mean anything but the difference was very noticeable. I also think that CAK is a good opponent for Alcoa. It would be nice to get some competition before the playoffs. This would only help both teams!