ALCOA vs CAK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought both CAK and Elizabethton played tight in last weeks game. I think CAK will be even tighter this week, especially with they see 93 players doing the "too hype" :thumb:

BC: no doubt both teams were a bit tight. I agree with GVK that a great deal of that was the unfamilarity with each other. Kind of like 2 prize fighters facing each other for the first time, jab, move, jab, move, duck, very cautious. That certainly isn't the case with CAK & Alcoa. Our guys know the Tornadoes have a serious right hook & stiff jab. Likewise, I think Alcoa knows CAK is capable of inflicting some damage if they drop their guard. I don't think CAK will be tight at all....ALL THE PRESSURE is on the Tornadoes. If CAK is not effective, I don't think we can blame it on nerves or being uptight. I'm very glad we had the kind of game we had in Betsy, I think that experience is good for us. While not to the level of Alcoa, the Cyclones are a quality team that is well coached and has some very good athletes. That experience, facing adversity late in the game, not playing particularly well, but still winning, on the road was great preparation for this Friday night. As far as 95 players & "too hype" are concerned, our guys love your "too hype"! I wouldn't be surprised to see them join in with the Tornadoes, they have heard it enough to know all the words. :roll:

I thought both CAK and Elizabethton played tight in last weeks game. I think CAK will be even tighter this week, especially with they see 93 players doing the "too hype" :roll:

BC: no doubt both teams were a bit tight. I agree with GVK that a great deal of that was the unfamilarity with each other. Kind of like 2 prize fighters facing each other for the first time, jab, move, jab, move, duck, very cautious. That certainly isn't the case with CAK & Alcoa. Our guys know the Tornadoes have a serious right hook & stiff jab. Likewise, I think Alcoa knows CAK is capable of inflicting some damage if they drop their guard. I don't think CAK will be tight at all....ALL THE PRESSURE is on the Tornadoes. If CAK is not effective, I don't think we can blame it on nerves or being uptight. I'm very glad we had the kind of game we had in Betsy, I think that experience is good for us. While not to the level of Alcoa, the Cyclones are a quality team that is well coached and has some very good athletes. That experience, facing adversity late in the game, not playing particularly well, but still winning, on the road was great preparation for this Friday night. As far as 95 players & "too hype" are concerned, our guys love your "too hype"! I wouldn't be surprised to see them join in with the Tornadoes, they have heard it enough to know all the words. :thumb:

:roll:

BC: no doubt both teams were a bit tight. I agree with GVK that a great deal of that was the unfamilarity with each other. Kind of like 2 prize fighters facing each other for the first time, jab, move, jab, move, duck, very cautious.

If you call going for it on 4th down on the first possession of the game deep in your own territory "tight" I would hate to see loose.

I guess I must have been on one of Dr. Emmitt Brown's "other tangents" while I was in Elizabethton last week. I saw a lot of thing different last Friday, Not better or worse for CAK or E-town....just different.

CAK left a LOT of points out on the field by trying to force the deep ball on early downs against a defense that they could have run against if they would have just stuck to it. I do not see E-town as an equal to CAK, I saw them as a team that they could have put away early, but did not. Betsy hit one big play on the night and it almost cost CAK the game. The Warriors HAVE to be able to run the ball some or they are gonna get boatraced Friday.

BC: no doubt both teams were a bit tight. I agree with GVK that a great deal of that was the unfamilarity with each other. Kind of like 2 prize fighters facing each other for the first time, jab, move, jab, move, duck, very cautious.

If you call going for it on 4th down on the first possession of the game deep in your own territory "tight" I would hate to see loose.

I guess I must have been on one of Dr. Emmitt Brown's "other tangents" while I was in Elizabethton last week. I saw a lot of thing different last Friday, Not better or worse for CAK or E-town....just different.

CAK left a LOT of points out on the field by trying to force the deep ball on early downs against a defense that they could have run against if they would have just stuck to it. I do not see E-town as an equal to CAK, I saw them as a team that they could have put away early, but did not. Betsy hit one big play on the night and it almost cost CAK the game. The Warriors HAVE to be able to run the ball some or they are gonna get boatraced Friday.

I think you make some good points. First, I think Epperly was tight in the first series. His first 2 balls sailed over the receiver's head. That is not the way he generally throws the ball. I also thought early in the game, CAK's running game looked a little out of sync. Our RB's are not big, but they run it in very hard. After the first few attempts I felt like they looked more like what I'm used to . I attribute those things to nerves or being tight. That is the first really, really big game for CAK and I think it had an affect.

I do think sometimes we get a little impatient with the run when it is being effective. However, when I look at your D line, it will be tough going. I'm no coach, but I think IF we are able to provide decent time for our QB, forcing your guys to pass rush, and pass rush, and pass rush COULD help us run the ball as the game progresses. Alcoa has tremendous numbers and great depth, but I see several of your key players playing both ways in the first half of games. That is obviously no issue if you can pull your starters at half time. If (and it's a big if I know) on the other hand your starters have to play the whole game it's going to have an effect. Your depth may be great but there is a reason that 15, 89, 4, and others are seeing significant time both ways. I agree that CAK has to be somewhat effective running from RB, FB, and QB, as well as throwing the ball. If Alcoa makes us totally one dimensional it will be a long night for the Warriors.

APB whur iz tha Dock, Jelf, Fred, and Mark Pack-Her????...... :D

You are the only one that spotted Fred in that pic. :thumb:

Attention to detail, folks....attention to detail.

I wasn't going to drag Fred into it until he said The F5 was not going to be able to run the ball on the air the other day.

Oh I spotted him. You and BC are the kings of photoshop! B)

I actually call that a VERY POOR DECISION, in addition to a complete lack of respect for the capabilities of the Warrior defensive front. After a 9 yard pass completion to their own 35 yard line they ran one up the gut for no gain, and then two consecutive QB sneaks for no gain. That certainly is not their style from what I've seen of them on film, they like to spread the field with 4 wides and let the QB have options or have their RB's run wide or off tackle. But maybe I should rephrase my comment and say CAK looked a bit more uptight than Betsy. I certainly agree that the Warriors left points on the field.