ALCOA vs CAK

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you heard the same thing that I did from more than one CAK fan on Friday....They say NO WAY.

Consensus among the few Warrior faithful that talked to us (minus FBDad and GVK) seem to think that The F5 will not run on them AT ALL...

Not my words, just saying.

They held E-town running game last week...We will see.

Can Toney run for 4 TD's and 250 yards against CAK? :roflol:

Sure he can, but as a CAK homer :?: I don't believe he will. Toney is a top quality back with good field vision and excellent speed. He knows how to set up blockers and has some good moves, especially that move where he hesitates and then gives that quick burst for separation. So I certainly wouldn't say he can't put up the big numbers you're asking about. My hope that he will not put up those type of numbers is based on a much improved Warrior defense, especially against the run. CAK's defenders are very good run stoppers. While the defense does have close to a dozen picks and 4 returned for TD's this season, covering the pass is still the weakest part of our defense IMO, Betsy exposed that this past week.

I believe Alcoa will give Mr.Toney plenty of opportunities to put up big numbers. We'll just have to wait and see if CAK can contain & tackle. What a great challenge! Go Warriors!

Well, you heard the same thing that I did from more than one CAK fan on Friday....They say NO WAY.

Consensus among the few Warrior faithful that talked to us (minus FBDad and GVK) seem to think that The F5 will not run on them AT ALL...

Now Bridge, here you go acting like a Troll. :?: You know you are making that stuff up. Everyone in CAKland was wearing a "Toney for Heisman" t-shirt. The reason those folks said the F5 will not run on us at all is because GR, after watching the E-town tape, is going to adopt a 4 wide spread and throw the football to T.Rob, Isom, and the boys. Didn't you and BC say the word from Alcoa was "it will be like shooting fish in a barrel?" :roflol:

Yea, I heard what you heard, and that's why I asked the question. The CAK fans around us liked the Warriors chances in shutting the Tornadoes run game down and forcing them to pass....... :?:

Yea, the CAK LB's played the run well against Betsy. Do they have the speed to do the same against Alcoa?

Dad........I'd love to see Alcoa throw it around......but, Alcoa will try pounding the rock. :roflol:

From a Loudon parent point of view, as we payed both of these teams in the first part of the season.

Alcoa 21

Loudon 0

CAK 24

Loudon 0

While we were unable to generate much offense againt either team as both defenses are very good. I will give the edge in offense to Alcoa. Toney did not run wild on us and we were in position to make the tackle pretty much all night,(keyword in position)however,wrapping him up, along with the other two tailbacks and Tyson is hard to do all night long.

CAK as everybody knows, can throw the football and they do it very well, but I think Alcoa's overall speed and athletes can make up for errors and make some things happen. While CAK beat us soundly, I think our play was also "lackluster" and they only scored two offensive TD's on us (one was a 10 yd drive). I will say, there kicker is a weapon, he is very,very good(must play soccer)

Prediction Alcoa 35, CAK 17

Toney 3 TD's 175 yds, but Alcoa runs for 275 yds total.

No disrespect to CAK at all, as they are one of the best teams in the state. I still believe with the three of us, Alcoa,Loudon and CAK, we have the toughest district in class 3A. Would love to see, Alcoa in the East, CAK in the MId East and us in the middle. (Not going to happen). Good Luck to both teams on an injury free game, and good luck in the playoffs until we meet.

No disrespect to CAK at all, as they are one of the best teams in the state. I still believe with the three of us, Alcoa,Loudon and CAK, we have the toughest district in class 3A. Would love to see, Alcoa in the East, CAK in the MId East and us in the middle. (Not going to happen). Good Luck to both teams on an injury free game, and good luck in the playoffs until we meet.

No disrepect taken Korn. I think that is an honest and sound opinion. Alcoa is Alcoa, they are the standard barer for 3A football. They have forced CAK & Loudon to get better, and I believe we have. Unfortunately, so has Alcoa. It really is a bit puzzling how one specific small school can continually have such a pipeline of talent. This Friday night all I can ask of our boys at CAK is to HAVE NO FEAR, suit up, buckle it down tight, and play their guts out, and don't quit until the final horn. I think the Warriors will do that, and if they do, I'll be satisfied regardless of the outcome. I also agree with you about our district. I'd love to travel to another part of the state along with Loudon and Alcoa and play any other 3 teams from the same district. I think we would like the outcome.

Dad........I'd love to see Alcoa throw it around......but, Alcoa will try pounding the rock. :lol:

No doubt, that's what Alcoa does best. Defending the run is what CAK does best. I think a key for the Warriors is to avoid giving up the big gashing plays and make Alcoa drive the ball. Maybe we get a turnover or some help from a penalty that way. My concern is like Korn said from Loudon, tackling those guys for the entire game, not just a quarter or half. Hopefully the less than stellar offensive performance we had at Betsy will not be repeated and we can move the chains some and maintain some kind of field position and sneak in a couple of scores or more along the way.

Yea, I heard what you heard, and that's why I asked the question. The CAK fans around us liked the Warriors chances in shutting the Tornadoes run game down and forcing them to pass....... :lol:

Yea, the CAK LB's played the run well against Betsy. Do they have the speed to do the same against Alcoa?

Dad........I'd love to see Alcoa throw it around......but, Alcoa will try pounding the rock. :lol:

Let me tell you what I heard from an Alcoa fan today: "CAK has a total lack of talent....Alcoa will take away their will to compete...If CAK doesn't double team #1, he will have 20 sacks..."