5A Playoffs the way I see it....after week 9.

randymc

David Crocket is in front of Springfield in the wildcard race, but do they stay in front if the Pioneers lose this week to the Trailblaziers. This makes this week interesting. Lets look at this if they lose Friday and Springfield wins!

This is only if David Crocket loses and Springfield wins this Friday:

David Crocket's 4 wins are against:

Cocke County 5A (2-7)

Volunteer 5A (0-9)

South Greene 3A (4-5)

Sullivan South 5A (1-8)

Springfield 4 wins are against:

Northeast 5A (6-3)

Rossview 6A (6-3)

Kenwood 5A (1-8)

West Creek 5A (1-8)

:thumb:

How is this system easier than the last? :thumb:

David Crockett will lose this week to Daniel Boone. Springfield WILL beat West Creek this Friday. West Creek has yet to win a district game in this their first season. Sorry Davey Crockett fans...but the Yellowjackets will get in and represent the 7th team in District 10AAA to make the playoffs.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Crocket is in front of Springfield in the wildcard race, but do they stay in front if the Pioneers lose this week to the Trailblaziers. This makes this week interesting. Lets look at this if they lose Friday and Springfield wins!

Cocke County 5A (2-7)

Volunteer 5A (0-9)

South Greene 3A (4-5)

Sullivan South 5A (1-8)

Northeast 5A (6-3)

Rossview 6A (6-3)

Kenwood 5A (1-8)

West Creek 5A (1-8)

:thumb:

How is this system easier than the last? :thumb:

David Crockett will lose this week to Daniel Boone. Springfield WILL beat West Creek this Friday. West Creek has yet to win a district game in this their first season. Sorry Davey Crockett fans...but the Yellowjackets will get in and represent the 7th team in District 10AAA to make the playoffs.

Did not catch this one, with a win, Springfield most likely passes Tullahoma, David Crockett and they are ahead of Halls, but probably wont pass Clarksville high. This will mess everything up, I am done predicting 5A.

Springfield cannot pass Clarksville due to the lose earlier this season.

Anything can happen, but fact is that David Crocket must lose and Springfield must win to ensure a wild card.

Funny to see that District 10AAA may see the following:

Class 5 A reps

Henry Co

Northeast

Northwest

Clarksville

Springfield

Class 6 A reps

Dickson Co

Rossview

That would be amazing if 7 of 9 teams in one district make the playoffs. Before the season began everyone said this was going to be the worst district in the state. Maybe Clarksville and friends are tougher than anyone thought.

Strength of Schedule:

David Crocket = 92nd Success + Strength = 76th

Springfield = 22nd Success + Strength = 71st

Tallahoma = 37th Success + Strength = 56th

Cocke County 5A (2-7)

Volunteer 5A (0-9)

South Greene 3A (4-5)

Sullivan South 5A (1-8)

Northeast 5A (6-3)

Rossview 6A (6-3)

Kenwood 5A (1-8)

West Creek 5A (1-8)

:excl:

How is this system easier than the last? :excl:

Did not catch this one, with a win, Springfield most likely passes Tullahoma, David Crockett and they are ahead of Halls, but probably wont pass Clarksville high. This will mess everything up, I am done predicting 5A.

Randy.........Please don't stop predicting! You have a lot of great thoughts and seem to have a pretty good grasp of what is going on. Please talk a little more about what will happen in the middle of the state. Tullahoma, Lawrence County, Shelbyville, Columbia and even Hardin County.

Columbia in Quad 2?!?!?!?!?! :excl::excl:

Where else do you put them? Quad 3? and Move Glencliff or Gallatin to Quad 2?

Columbia is probably an hour and a half drive on the other side of Gallatin from the other schools. Yeah, I'm sending Gallatin east.

Very well could be Gallatin that gets sent east and especially if they want to break up some of the districts this move would break up Tullahoma/Shelbyville from Lawrence Co AND Columbia, and Also Gallatin from their district foes, Glencliff would be the one that is "closest" driving distance, I don't really know.

Randy.........Please don't stop predicting! You have a lot of great thoughts and seem to have a pretty good grasp of what is going on. Please talk a little more about what will happen in the middle of the state. Tullahoma, Lawrence County, Shelbyville, Columbia and even Hardin County.

I don't know really what to say. I really think Shelbyville beats Lincoln Co and gets a WC bid and Lawrence Co will beat Tullahoma, and now it looks like Tullahoma will get a WC bid (which is good, even if I am a closet Shelbyville fan). I could see Columbia being put in Quad 3 or even Quad 4 depending on where the final wildcard teams come from. I haven't even looked at what changes if Springfield gets the last WC spot. I am more interested in the 6A playoffs actually. I don't know much about Hardin Co, but there is no doubt they will go in Quad 4. As stated in the previous post, I would actually like to see them send District 8 teams into 3 different Quads, and it very well could happen, when you look at the map.

What quad would Springfield go? I think Columbia or Beech being the last wildcard spot! Keep the chat going. I really enjoy listening to you, and you are making this fun!

Ha, Columbia is not a WC, they are automatic, District 8 Champions...looking at the map...sorry to the Halls fans out there, but it looks like they are out and Springfield is in. Which creates a bigger headache for Quad 1 with Knoxville Catholic most likely moving into Quad 1 MAYBE Anderson Co. Then someone from Quad 3 must move into Quad 2, most likely Gallatin or Glencliff, or possibly both if you but Columbia in Quad 3 which I might have been talked into.

So here is a fresh look

Quad 1

1 Tennessee High (5A) D1 #1/2

2 Sullivan South (5A) D1 #2/1

3 Morristown West (5A) D2 #2

4 Daniel Boone (5A) D1 #3

5 Morristown East (5A) D2 #4

6 Powell (5A) D3 #4

7 Knoxville Catholic (5A) D4 #4/5

8 Seymour (5A) D2 #5

Quad 2

1 Clinton D3 #1/2/3

2 Gallatin (5A) D9 #2

3 Anderson Co D3 #3/2/1

4 Cleveland (5A) D5 #4/5

5 Glencliff (5A) D12 #4/5

6 Cumberland County (5A)/White County (5A) Winner D6 #4

7 Tullahoma WC

8 Shelbyvlle WC

Quad 3

1 Columbia (5A) D8 #1

2 Clarksville Northeast (5A)/Clarksville Northwest (5A) Winner D10 #2

3 Beech (5A) D9 #3

4 Clarksville Northeast (5A)/Clarksville Northwest (5A) Loser D10 #3

5 Hillsboro (5A)/Centennial (5A) Winner D11 #5

6* Clarksville WC

7* Hendersonville WC

8 Springfield WC

Quad 4

1 Henry County (5A) D10 #1

2 Hardin County D13 #2

3 Craigmont (5A)D14 #2

4 Lawrence Co D8 #2

5 Jackson Northside D13 #3

6 Melrose (5A) D16 #3

7 Ridgeway (5A) D15 #3/4/5

8 Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

* = reseeded to avoid 1st round matchup between teams from same district. I would like to see them ship Hendersonville to Quad 2 and leave Gallatin in Quad3, it would balance the quads more if they did.