Beech vs. Mt Juliet

tandem

Looks like it is going to be wet no matter which day they play. Hey MJp, maybe your kid's football practice will be rained out so you can make it to the game.
Maybe. If not it will sting a little but at least I know I get at least one more chance to watch them. (1) God (2) Family (3) MJ Bears I did tell my son yesterday when picking him up from school that we wouldn't be able to go and he was pretty upset. He asked if he could skip practice. I had to remind him that coach told all the players "If you don't show up for practice you will be sitting on the bench." Monday's practice was the first time since the first practice of the year that everyone showed. Go BEARS!

I just added another to my list (4)Gallatin Greenwave

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you all really debating whether or not this will be a game? This game will be over by halftime. Perry is the best coach in middle tn and right now has the best athletes in the midstate/region/county. Beech will score but it will be wayyyy to few.

MJ- 48

Beech 17

I guess that I shouldn't have said MJ fans. Instead I should have said this guy.

Are you all really debating whether or not this will be a game? This game will be over by halftime. Perry is the best coach in middle tn and right now has the best athletes in the midstate/region/county. Beech will score but it will be wayyyy to few.

MJ- 48

Beech 17

I guess that I shouldn't have said MJ fans. Instead I should have said this guy.

Sad to say, but there hasn't even been very many MJ fans on here all year long. We do have great turn outs at the games. Just not many posters.

mt. juliet has a good team but they can barely hang with 5-a teams.. between hville, gallatin, and beech they gave up over 100 points.. i cant wait to see how they fare against 6-a power houses in the playoffs like brentwood, franklin, and oakland.. its gunna be a short playoff run for the bears even if they get the district title

Great game by both teams. IMO could be one of the classic hs football games in the mid state. Both teams left it all on the field. Beech was able to run the clock and put points on the board at the end of those time consuming drives which is their game. Have to give MJ alot of credit for stepping up huge for the last drive in regulation. Haymer for the Bucs was a beast running the ball so give the OL their due for making the holes for him. Really enjoyable game to watch.

Offensively they are good. Defensively, not so much. I think I would just try to outscore my opponents...

If they win in the playoffs, it will be in a shootout. It will be interesting to see how the quads line-up, but it appears they will be in with the rutherford county schools and I don't know how well they compete against these teams.

Overall, good game tonight. Should have never went to OT though... 3 failed PATs, one twice, but that's the way it goes sometimes!

328 yards rushing, 121 yards passing, 449 total yards from a school with inferior athletes, an inferior coach, inferior facilities, 500 fewer students to choose from.....let's see....oh yeah, and 18 returning starters next year. MJ is still looking for someone who can tackle Travis Hamer (yes, he's back next year). He dropped a 226 spot on the "best athletes in the midstate". I just wish he had taken a knee after getting the first down late rather than busting it for a 50yd td run. If he doesn't score there, we run out the clock and win 26-24. MJ's D looked as bad as I hoped they would, and Beech's young O is getting better every game. Now, if we could just find a kicker! Jared Neal was 6 for 7 passing (he's back) and Jonathan Sites made huge play after huge play. Jamie Howell, one of our two senior interior lineman absolutely dominated the left side of the line of scrimmage all night long and was begging the coach to run over him every play (see final td and 2 pt conversion). MJ's O is the real deal as long as Gurcheck has the ball in his hands. As far as running the ball, that appears to be a point of concern for them heading into the playoffs. A clearly outsized Beech interior line (mostly sophs and jrs) dominated both sides of the line and held MJ to 84 yards rushing. Granted, they chucked it all over the yard which limited their rushing yards, but the best coach in the midstate thought that was their best hope to beat Beech. I guess he'll have to wait until next year to try to score 60.

If you weren't there, you missed a great one. It was one of the most bizarre endings you will ever see. We were saying in the stands, the first coach to go for 2 would win, because neither team could stop the other at that point. We couldn't understand why Beech didn't go for two after the roughing the kicker call on their last td in regulation.

I love beating MJ better than any team we play, but from this point on, I'm rooting for the Bears. I think you guys can go real deep. Who knows, with that O, you could win it all. Good luck and represent 9AAA well.

like i told one of you MJ fans - dont believe your own hype- you all played a patsy schedule now more then likely you will be one and done come playoff time

Yeah, unfortunately, I think when MJ has to face one of those Rutherford County teams, their chances are slim at best. I don't even claim to know who they will end up playing with this new system, though.

I'm not a MJ fan (other than last night), but they certainly didn't have a "patsy" schedule... That seems like an odd statement coming from a Beech supporter, seeing as that you probably aren't going to win even your own "patsy" little district. I got news for ya Beech.... MJ does have one of the worst defenses I've seen all year. But until you guys get a passing attack and some special teams, you too will be one and done in the playoffs.