District 14A

tigerfan89

GCPioneer, I don't know what that was about, answering your phone during a game. Whoever it was didn't call early enough because we stayed in the 1-2-2 zone for the longest until he decided to go man when we were down by (12) twelve points in the 4th. I was at the game and didn't understand why when we caught up and took the lead we went back into the zone. The vikings cut (12) twelve points in less than (2) two minutes but Boykin decides to go to the zone again for the final (3) three minutes. I think Humboldt has enough players to play man defense the whole game or atleast 3/4 of the game. We let Milan out coach us, even though we had a terrible shooting night( but that's going to happen in basketball) we still should have played man defense to speed up the pace of the game and get turnovers that they got when we did go to man defense for that short (2) two minutes! Hopefully, the Vikes can shake this lose off and prepare for Tuesday game at the "Thunderdome" because if they(Vikes) win they will be first place in the district. Lake County already has (3) three loses in the district and can't finish higher than third unless they beat Union city & Humboldt beats UC. If Humboldt wins, & LC beats UC than LC & UC will have (3) Three losses each and tied for 2nd. If, Union City beats Humboldt & LC than UC will be 1st and HBT will be in second followed my LC. :lol:

What happens if LC beats UC Feb.2! That will leave Humboldt and UC with 2 loses. Will they just share the top spot? :lol:

I believe they will have a coin toss..So whoever is the best gambler will probably finish 1st..And I'm going out on a limb now and predicting that's what is going to happen..Lake Co will beat Union City with the two new players..Swift is really looking good..I have faith about this Lake Co team..Union City has a very good shooting team..the kind of team that it'll take but they are going to have to be hitting.!I'm also banking Lake Co goes down low with the ball and get Union City in foul trouble..I can't wait..First there is Bradford Friday night and then Trenton..Really am looking forward to that game..and at Trenton.!I would think Whitby would play his best players instead of doing what he's been doing and what he did last night against South Fulton..Didnt put his best 5 on the floor untilo the last quarter..The same thing he did against Dyersburg..I would hope he does that from the start and dont mess around.!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know they arent a big name in the district,but bradford is 5th right now.. thats the highest they've been in a while haha.. with games vs lake county and humbolt and then one at Halls. If they can pull an upset vs LC(at bradford) then they might be able to hold on the the 5th spot or possibly advance to 4th for HC in the district tourny... surely bradford can beat Halls,, they swept greenfld and SF this year and another win vs Gleason.

i know they arent a big name in the district,but bradford is 5th right now.. thats the highest they've been in a while haha.. with games vs lake county and humbolt and then one at Halls. If they can pull an upset vs LC(at bradford) then they might be able to hold on the the 5th spot or possibly advance to 4th for HC in the district tourny... surely bradford can beat Halls,, they swept greenfld and SF this year and another win vs Gleason.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wont be an upset when Bradford plays Lake Co..It will be about a 30 point game..unless Lake Co plays the subs at the stArt or subs very early..You say surely Bradford can beat Halls...I would think Halls would win but I guess Bradford won the first time..I didnt realize just now when I read your post that yall swept Greenfield..I am surprised at that..I would have picked Greenfield by at least 10 points.So maybe Bradford is better than the Bradford team I saw at Lake Co..

If I looked at the standings right ,Bradford has a 1 game lead over Halls..Bradford plays Lake Co.Humboldt and Halls...The Halls Tigers have South Fulton,Bradford and Union City..I think Bradford loses to Lake Co and Humboldt, and Halls losing to Union City and beating South Fulton..That would put Halls-Bradford in a tie ,making the Halls game the 5th place team and who will play Trenton in the tournament..The loser or 6th place will play Lake Co..I believe Halls will take 5th place.! I'm really surprised that Greenfield didnt finish higher..Thought they would have been the 5th or 6th place team..Anyway..Good luck.!

I didnt realize just now when I read your post that yall swept Greenfield..I am surprised at that..I would have picked Greenfield by at least 10 points.So maybe Bradford is better than the Bradford team I saw at Lake Co..

Both Greenfield games went into overtime..the only players that hurt Bradford were Clark and Crouse hit a three at the buzzer to force overtime(at bradford). The game at Lake Co was really sad, Bradford looked scared no doubt honestly. But since then they have improved on the offensive end very much so. Actually played Humbolt really well at Humbolt for the first half. If they had held in the second half, it could have been a really good game, but instead turned close game to blow out.

If I looked at the standings right ,Bradford has a 1 game lead over Halls..Bradford plays Lake Co.Humboldt and Halls...The Halls Tigers have South Fulton,Bradford and Union City..I think Bradford loses to Lake Co and Humboldt, and Halls losing to Union City and beating South Fulton..That would put Halls-Bradford in a tie ,making the Halls game the 5th place team and who will play Trenton in the tournament..The loser or 6th place will play Lake Co..I believe Halls will take 5th place.!

South Fulton lost their point guard,, something about his arm? He didnt play in the game at SF vs Bradford,, the Avent kid scored 38 in that loss. I think his their PG returns for the Halls game, they could beat Halls, leaving Bradford to hold 5th for the tourny. --- Halls is a good shooting team though, at long as thier shots are falling, it could be interesting...

Bradford lost both games to Trenton, the one at trenton was a 5 pt game with 4 to go, and Braford basicly didnt finish strong, they didnt hold the rope. Trentons really been surprising this year though.. they have some good bench players and their PG Williams is a consisant scorer too

Greenfield is a very young team. Only 1 senior on the team. Also, the Jackets have lost 5 games in the last seconds. Stuff like missing 2 free throws with no time left on the clock on the road against Dresden; we make one of them, and games over...we win. We missed, and lost in OT. Lost to Bradford twice in OT. Missed a last second shot against Halls that would've won the game, but missed.

In other words, the Jackets could very well be 13-8 right now, instead of 8-13; but they arent. It's been very disappointing to a lot of Jacket fans. We really thought this team would be a lot better, even though we have no height down low, and we're young. We all still thought that we'd be better than this. But anyway, next year, we'll have some very good basketball players back. And, hopefully, some boys will grow a little taller! :D

The next two years could be very good years for the Jackets. Of course, life is hard in district 14A. We've played 6 games so far against 13A, and we're 5-1....the 1 loss was in OT on the road against Dresden...the game I described above. So, we're 1 free throw away from being 6-0 in 13A.

I didnt realize just now when I read your post that yall swept Greenfield..I am surprised at that..I would have picked Greenfield by at least 10 points.So maybe Bradford is better than the Bradford team I saw at Lake Co..

Both Greenfield games went into overtime..the only players that hurt Bradford were Clark and Crouse hit a three at the buzzer to force overtime(at bradford). The game at Lake Co was really sad, Bradford looked scared no doubt honestly. But since then they have improved on the offensive end very much so. Actually played Humbolt really well at Humbolt for the first half. If they had held in the second half, it could have been a really good game, but instead turned close game to blow out.

If I looked at the standings right ,Bradford has a 1 game lead over Halls..Bradford plays Lake Co.Humboldt and Halls...The Halls Tigers have South Fulton,Bradford and Union City..I think Bradford loses to Lake Co and Humboldt, and Halls losing to Union City and beating South Fulton..That would put Halls-Bradford in a tie ,making the Halls game the 5th place team and who will play Trenton in the tournament..The loser or 6th place will play Lake Co..I believe Halls will take 5th place.!

South Fulton lost their point guard,, something about his arm? He didnt play in the game at SF vs Bradford,, the Avent kid scored 38 in that loss. I think his their PG returns for the Halls game, they could beat Halls, leaving Bradford to hold 5th for the tourny. --- Halls is a good shooting team though, at long as thier shots are falling, it could be interesting...

Bradford lost both games to Trenton, the one at trenton was a 5 pt game with 4 to go, and Braford basicly didnt finish strong, they didnt hold the rope. Trentons really been surprising this year though.. they have some good bench players and their PG Williams is a consisant scorer too

You guys seemed to improve then..Good luck the rest of the way.!

Greenfield is a very young team. Only 1 senior on the team. Also, the Jackets have lost 5 games in the last seconds. Stuff like missing 2 free throws with no time left on the clock on the road against Dresden; we make one of them, and games over...we win. We missed, and lost in OT. Lost to Bradford twice in OT. Missed a last second shot against Halls that would've won the game, but missed.

In other words, the Jackets could very well be 13-8 right now, instead of 8-13; but they arent. It's been very disappointing to a lot of Jacket fans. We really thought this team would be a lot better, even though we have no height down low, and we're young. We all still thought that we'd be better than this. But anyway, next year, we'll have some very good basketball players back. And, hopefully, some boys will grow a little taller! :D

The next two years could be very good years for the Jackets. Of course, life is hard in district 14A. We've played 6 games so far against 13A, and we're 5-1....the 1 loss was in OT on the road against Dresden...the game I described above. So, we're 1 free throw away from being 6-0 in 13A.

I knew yall were young but just on what I saw watching Bradford and Greenfield against Lake Co..I was surprised that Bradford had won the first time.Then I thought for sure that Grenfield would win the rematch..But I guess Bradford has gooten betetr or just had one of those nights against us..And it does happen..We've had a couple ourselves..!

I knew yall were young but just on what I saw watching Bradford and Greenfield against Lake Co..I was surprised that Bradford had won the first time.Then I thought for sure that Grenfield would win the rematch..But I guess Bradford has gooten betetr or just had one of those nights against us..And it does happen..We've had a couple ourselves..!

Lake Co. and Greenfield play completely two different styles both ways.

Bradford plain and simple doesnt have the speed to keep up with LC all night. They like to press and apply pressure to teams like GF or SF etc, but doing so against LC only creates easy layups because of the athletic ability of LC.

Bradford has improved in their Half-court offence and continue to have solid defences and have shown quite a few different types. GF struggled againt the zone they played last week. Another key thing is Bradford has been able to make their FTs,, if you look at the closer losses, missed FTs were the difference. Against GF and SF, they made their clutch FTs. Little stuff adds up most of the time.

BTW, tonights Bradford vs LC game was cancelled of course and probably tomrw nights game vs. Dresden also.