District 14A

tigerfan89

OK....I thought about that last post and maybe I'm being a little harsh on a young team that has basically overachieved this season.....but I know they can do better.....Your right Zebra I think that Milan loss got'em, but I've noticed the last few games everybody is playing man and putting thier best defender shadowing Brooks so he can't get a good look. Humboldt has gotta set some screens or piks to get brooks a look at the rim. Humboldt usually goes as thier guards (Campbell and Brooks) go. Right now those two are in a funk and the Viking coaching staff has got to snap them out of it.....quick. That said, in a couple of years (a fantastic freshman class coming in next year) the vikings will be hard to handle!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our boys play good ball against Trenton, and beat them. Then, they go out and get blown out by UC. Then, they go to South Fulton, and they get beat in OT 79-75. That's 4 OT games that we've lost, and we've lost 2 others by missing last second shots; good shots, too. I guess that's the mark of a young team, which we are; but still....

BTW, Wes Clark from Greenfield had 30 points in the game, and Jonathan Avent from South Fulton had 42! Quite a shoot out for these two young men. You know, if Avent would really buckle down and work harder, and really get out there and give it 100%; that kid could play college ball somewhere...either in football or basketball. But, you have to have a good attitude, and work hard to improve and do your best in order to really be a great player, and to be able to move to the next level. The Avent kid has all the tools to go a long way, if......

Your post is correct..they have lost some close games, but on the other foot--they have won 2-3 games by 4 or less...your team could easily only have 5 wins...I don't know what is happening at Greenfield--(boys)...but it looks like it has been on a steady decline the last 3 or 4 years...they used to have extremely fast players, quick big men, good role players....kind of sad for a town with rich tradition. What is the jr high looking like? Are you guys going to get any help in the next few years? I didn't follow it much this year, but last year your Jr High was pretty good. I knew they beat Medina and took Trenton Middle to the end. Any of those young men going to help you maybe next year?

OK....I thought about that last post and maybe I'm being a little harsh on a young team that has basically overachieved this season.....but I know they can do better.....your right Zebra.....gotta be more productive on offense.....

Sure they can do better! They have got a young team but very talanted and should always be in the thick of things! Right now as any team they are going through some hard times and are playing poorly! They will be just fine come tourament time! Its going to be one heck of a tourament!! Good Luck!! :roflolk:

Humboldt -53

Bradford - 35

Coach Boykin needs to look under every rock and in every crevice to find his offense! 5-18 from freebie stripe tonight. Yuk! :geek::roflolk:

I'll take that 35 given up on defense every day of the week and twice on Sunday ....

If you had been there you'd know what I'm talking about. The problem with this team is they can't finish at the rim like last years team. Too many missed lay ups and gimme's....just piss poor shooting. I understand it's hard to get up for Bradford but this has been a problem for the last 4 games or so....like I say they need to find thier offense pretty quick. Humboldt will not hold LC or UC to 35! We'll see in a week or so....

Last year they played to knock you out early---fast, physical and finishing shots-----they appear to be a little more laid back this year and even confused at times. They have tremendous size compared to the other teams in this district, but the chemistry is not there yet. Where is the swagger? lol

Our boys play good ball against Trenton, and beat them. Then, they go out and get blown out by UC. Then, they go to South Fulton, and they get beat in OT 79-75. That's 4 OT games that we've lost, and we've lost 2 others by missing last second shots; good shots, too. I guess that's the mark of a young team, which we are; but still....

BTW, Wes Clark from Greenfield had 30 points in the game, and Jonathan Avent from South Fulton had 42! Quite a shoot out for these two young men. You know, if Avent would really buckle down and work harder, and really get out there and give it 100%; that kid could play college ball somewhere...either in football or basketball. But, you have to have a good attitude, and work hard to improve and do your best in order to really be a great player, and to be able to move to the next level. The Avent kid has all the tools to go a long way, if......

My take on Avent has been he loves to shoot and score but doesn't like playing defense at all..He takes alot plays off...I've seen this kid play since before junior high ball...

I also don't understand what is wrong with SF basketball..They have some good athletes...They have had at least three really good 8th grade classes come up...Two straight county championships in junior high..I don't know what happens when they get to high school...

This was also SF's first district win of the year...Unbelievable..

last year they played to knock you out early---fast, physical and finishing shots-----they appear to be a little more laid back this year and even confused at times. They have tremendous size compared to the other teams in this district, but the chemistry is not there yet. Where is the swagger? lol

Remember this is a very young team....7 seniors gone from last years 34=0 squad. Your right they don't have that "swagger" and have a tendency to get down on themselves when thier not playing well. This is were the coaching staff comes in....Humboldt lost assistant coach Johnathan Warrington who was pretty much the coach the last few years and I'm sure thats made some difference....but Boykin has to be alittle more patient with these young guys and get'em pointed in the right direction here at tourney time. Dunbar is the only senior of any significance and Humboldt depends heavily on two soph's for scoring (Bryson and Brooks). As I said there is a fine fresh class coming in next year and when these sophs are seniors Humboldt will be very, very good. All that said there's no reason they can't get back to the boro this season...just need to get over these late season losses and play ball.

Got to see Lake Co for the first time with all their players.With the addition of Swift and Taylor makes them the deepest team in district 14A and probably the state in single A.A very deep team with Bledsoe,Taylor,Hockett,the freshman from Illinois,and the big 34 coming off the bench.I wouldnt want to face this team in a loser go home game.Seem to be getting it together at the rite time.

Got to see Lake Co for the first time with all their players.With the addition of Swift and Taylor makes them the deepest team in district 14A and probably the state in single A.A very deep team with Bledsoe,Taylor,Hockett,the freshman from Illinois,and the big 34 coming off the bench.I wouldnt want to face this team in a loser go home game.Seem to be getting it together at the rite time.

chipper...Got to give you props...You were right on the money with your preseason prediction of Union City winning the regular season championship.... :thumb:

last year they played to knock you out early---fast, physical and finishing shots-----they appear to be a little more laid back this year and even confused at times. They have tremendous size compared to the other teams in this district, but the chemistry is not there yet. Where is the swagger? lol

Remember this is a very young team....7 seniors gone from last years 34=0 squad. Your right they don't have that "swagger" and have a tendency to get down on themselves when thier not playing well. This is were the coaching staff comes in....Humboldt lost assistant coach Johnathan Warrington who was pretty much the coach the last few years and I'm sure thats made some difference....but Boykin has to be alittle more patient with these young guys and get'em pointed in the right direction here at tourney time. Dunbar is the only senior of any significance and Humboldt depends heavily on two soph's for scoring (Bryson and Brooks). As I said there is a fine fresh class coming in next year and when these sophs are seniors Humboldt will be very, very good. All that said there's no reason they can't get back to the boro this season...just need to get over these late season losses and play ball.

I have no idea how Lake Co middle school and Humboldt did this year against each other bit I did see them play a couple games and they have 4 pretty good players..The high school team has Raphael Tyler,Caleb Bledsoe,Ricky Boyd and the Swift kid that may be the best player on the team are all sophomores..Then there's a freshman named Devon Jones that moved at the beginning of the year from Illinois..All of these players have started this year and Caleb Bledsoe,Raphael Tyler and Swift started last night against Trenton..Devon Jones has been starting..Raphael has been averaging over 20 points a game as he's started since he was a freshmas and Swift has been over 20 a game sinc he has become eligible..Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones have ben hitting close to ten lately and Bledsoe about 4 or 5..So..looks to be some great games with the Vikings in the years to come.!

That is correct but if u are a Humboldt at times Boykin scares fans to death! But if he expects to go anywhere in the tourament as u say Boykin must step in and do his job! :thumb: