District 14A

tigerfan89

Your Kidding me....they use a coin flip when two teams have battled all season long and are tied at the end of the season......a frikin coin flip. O well......got me on that one. 8-)8-)

Coin toss because either team would not want to play a extra game before the tourament starts! Especially this season with all resheduling that as already took place! Some teams have played 3 games in a weeks period because of the bad weather! I as u said right now LC and UC both are playing better than Humboldt! Boykin does want to play either at this moment i promise u that! Besides its not that big of a deal imo! This is just my way of thinking and i a sure some would agree! Humboldt has to play till next Friday and LC has a make up game Monday and UC plays next Saturday i think that is right! Thats not giving much lead way to get ready for District play! I hope we will see a good tourament and sure we will! I just hope the fatigue factor don't weigh in! :D

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Kidding me....they use a coin flip when two teams have battled all season long and are tied at the end of the season......a frikin coin flip. O well......got me on that one. 8-):D

Coin toss because either team would not want to play a extra game before the tourament starts! Especially this season with all resheduling that as already took place! Some teams have played 3 games in a weeks period because of the bad weather! I as u said right now LC and UC both are playing better than Humboldt! Boykin does want to play either at this moment i promise u that! Besides its not that big of a deal imo! This is just my way of thinking and i a sure some would agree! Humboldt has to play till next Friday and LC has a make up game Monday and UC plays next Saturday i think that is right! Thats not giving much lead way to get ready for District play! I hope we will see a good tourament and sure we will! I just hope the fatigue factor don't weigh in! 8-)

I believe the coin toss has been done for years..Lake Co ends their regular season Monday night at Bradford..I know the coaches at Lake Co were hoping to play at least 1 more game..didn't want to go a week without playing..Lake Co was suppose to play Fulton Ky.and was trying to get them to play Thurs or Sat. but Fulton didn't want to make the game up..I wish the Bradford game could be moved to later in the week..like Thurs or Sat but I believe Bradford has more games to makeup..Or maybe switch a night..Both middle schools at Lake Co won their sectional tournament games and the middle school girls are playing Monday night.The coach at the middle school is the assistant coach at the high school..Lake Co is playing a team I heard is 21-0..I believe the Lake Co boys are playing South Fulton,who I think won the Obion Co. tournament..Union City gilrs and Humboldt boys are also in this tournament and I heard that both of them won also...Anyway..Looks like the district tournament is set..Looks like Gleason will be at Union City...Greenfield will be at Humboldt...Bradford will be at Tiptonville...Trenton and Halls look to be playing each other but I'm not sure of the site..The standings on Coach T are showing Bradford and Halls with 3 wins each in the district but I'm sure Halls has at least 6..I believe has beaten Trenton twice,Bradford once,South Fulton and Greenfield twice I believe..So..not sure if its at Trenton or Halls..That way be a scenario that if Trenton and Halls ties..then Halls may play at home because of two wins over Trenton.

I just looked at the Trenton and Halls schedules..If I counted correctly..Trenton has 6 district wins and I believe Halls has 6..But if Halls beat South Fulton in their last meeting,that would give Halls 7 wins..Even if they lost..looks like it will be tie unless Trenton beats Humboldt..So..just by looking,Halls may slide into that number 4 spot and stay at home.!

Plus......why would they have a coin toss before the season's over? If Hum were to lose to peabody this week UC would be outright champs....I think your pulling my leg....someone please confirm this for me... 8-)

easy...I'm looking at your post count (26) and sign on date (1-19-10) so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...If I post something on here other than an opinion, which I do alot, it will be the truth...I don't make up facts and I answer someone's questions only if I know for sure the answer...People don't agree with my opinions all the time, which is fine...Some people don't like the fact I'm proud of my town and my alma mater and take it as arrogance, which is fine also but I will tell you the truth if I know the answer...I won't answer your question if I don't know the answer...

The coaches had the meeting, like I said, either Thursday morning or Friday morning....They had the coin flip, just in case both UC or Humboldt tied, which was highly likely...Had something crazy happened and UC lost to either Greenfield or Halls or the Vikings had lost it would have, of course, made the coin flip unnecessary...Killing two birds with one stone..I'm not sure if they flipped for other ties in the district...I'm not sure if everyone else has made up all their games....

bigster that So Fulton team is 21-0....They blew out Trenton and dethroned the two time defending champion Martin Jr in their sectional or whatever they call it...They usually play Union City once or twice a year also...They have won the Obion County Jr High Tourney three or four years....They have had real good players come up to the high school team...I can't understand why they are not better than they are..The win over Greenfield the other night was their first district win of the year....

bigster that So Fulton team is 21-0....They blew out Trenton and dethroned the two time defending champion Martin Jr in their sectional or whatever they call it...They usually play Union City once or twice a year also...They have won the Obion County Jr High Tourney three or four years....They have had real good players come up to the high school team...I can't understand why they are not better than they are..The win over Greenfield the other night was their first district win of the year....

The win over Greenfield doesn't say a lot about the SF team.

I thought last week when Lake Co played the high school,the announcer was saying congratulations to the Middle school boys for finishing undefeated and something like winning 2 or 3 years in a row or something similiar..But you answered that question..Did they play Union City this year?I believe Lake Co plays them Tuesday night but not sure.!

The win over Greenfield doesn't say a lot about the SF team.

I'm not saying it does...That wasn't the point....

I thought last week when Lake Co played the high school,the announcer was saying congratulations to the Middle school boys for finishing undefeated and something like winning 2 or 3 years in a row or something similiar..But you answered that question..Did they play Union City this year?I believe Lake Co plays them Tuesday night but not sure.!

Bigster...They usually play Union City....I'm not sure about this year though...

Well I know that the Humboldt Middle boys beat LC Middle at least once (I think they split) this season and the Humboldt Middle boys won the small schools tournament..... Humboldt was playing in the semi's of the WTAC tourney yesterday against Middleton Middle and won 50 to 30. Not sure who they play next. I'll find out. Could be LC

Well I know that the Humboldt Middle boys beat LC Middle at least once (I think they split) this season and the Humboldt Middle boys won the small schools tournament..... Humboldt was playing in the semi's of the WTAC tourney yesterday against Middleton Middle and won 50 to 30. Not sure who they play next. I'll find out. Could be LC

You're right..Humboldt beat Middleton by about 20 points..Lake Co is also in the semi-finals but they are playing South Fulton..Not sure who Humboldt has..but it's not Lake Co..I guess since they're in the same district..maybe have them in seperate brackets..Probably the only way they will meet is if both make the championship.!