Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Starsnbars, I thought you promised to make it a "little closer" for this game. Man, you left us lying in the dust!

DB proved what everbody already knew,CS is all they have had all year.Without

him they were doomed to a goose egg. 3 picks didn't help much.Tough night for

the few DB seniors to go out on. It seems DB has lost the intensity its teams

use to have,even in a down year. Good luck next year.

Hey Starsnbars, I thought you promised to make it a "little closer" for this game. Man, you left us lying in the dust!

Actually he did. They called off the dogs at half time. To put things in perspective for the DB fans, and to not take anything away from the Maryville this is not one of their better teams. Its a down year at Maryville. What you witnesed last night was a football program. Dedicated players from top to bottom, little league to high school, and fans that support them every step of the way. Do you here me now "Kingsport". dry.gif

Actually he did. They called off the dogs at half time. To put things in perspective for the DB fans, and to not take anything away from the Maryville this is not one of their better teams. Its a down year at Maryville. What you witnesed last night was a football program. Dedicated players from top to bottom, little league to high school, and fans that support them every step of the way. Do you here me now "Kingsport". dry.gif

A lot of truth in his observations. We are very fortunate to have a community that loves and supports hs football. If you were on the field last night after the game, you saw all the young kids throwing football and waiting to see their hs heroes. They dream of one day playing on Friday nights in that atmosphere.

This year's season started the day after last year's loss in the championship game. You can see qbs and receivers working on routes any summer morning at 6:00am...no coaches, just kids wanting to get better. The weightroom is full throughout the off-season. We don't win many games on pure athletic ability...it's hard work and ability to be coached.

GQ is a great coach....but he is also surrounded by an incredible coaching staff. He has also benefited from former MHS coaches who have laid the groundwork....(Wilson, Renfro, Story, Hammontree).

DB has the tradition which is the hardest thing to establish. Keep supporting the program and kids!! DB will be a fine.

what happened to all the db fans who were praising GC after the db-south game? he was the best thing going then and now he is as low as dirt....haha you people really make me laugh!!!! he is lucky to have fans like you all....... backstabbers!!!!

Fellers eye no thiz aint yore tippycull D.B. teem.....And eye'm shore #32 wuz a huge loss fer'em....We haiv tremendous respect fer thair program caws thay ere tha winningust teem inn TINN histree....

Az fer az Mairvul....Eye hurd GQ say this weak that thiz teem haz emproved moore than enny he haz haid....We iz startin' moore soffs on thiz teem than enny eye can remimber....An undeafeated frashman teem loaded wif lineman and skill and undefeated middull skoool teem beehind that....And ewe boyz are rite....A grait feeder and youth program wif 7 yeer olds waitin' thair turn two putt tha Red & Black on inn a few yeers..... So tha fuchure looks good....

Butt wif these kidz on tha teem now....Tha fuchure iz now....Thay don't always "wow" ewe in tha warm-ups, wif D-1 athleets and look all purty inn thair uniforms....Butt az haz ben sed befour....Thay are all abowt hard werk, execution, discipline, bein coached up by tha best staff around and grait TEAM play...Plus thay seem two haiv a big dose tha old Rebel Spirit which lives up at 825 Lawrence..... :twisted:

I definitely agree with this post. For those of us who were at the MHS-DB scrimmage, isn't it amazing how far the Rebels have come this season? This matchup went from being close, to an absolute blowout. Part of that def. has to do w/ #32 being out - but one team has improved tremendously while the other advanced little to none. Thanks GQ & staff.

I was unable to attend or even listen to the game (probably a good thing), but did we really have 3 picks AND lose 3 fumbles, i.e., 6 turnovers? That's what the box score says. This team had a number of problems all year, but I still say the worst one was the lack of any consistent passing game. Against any decent team, it doesn't matter who you've got running the ball if the other team knows it's the only thing that can hurt them. If we can throw the ball effectively next year we have a chance to bounce back strong. If not, well, we'll still have problems IMO.

I was unable to attend or even listen to the game (probably a good thing), but did we really have 3 picks AND lose 3 fumbles, i.e., 6 turnovers? That's what the box score says. This team had a number of problems all year, but I still say the worst one was the lack of any consistent passing game. Against any decent team, it doesn't matter who you've got running the ball if the other team knows it's the only thing that can hurt them. If we can throw the ball effectively next year we have a chance to bounce back strong. If not, well, we'll still have problems IMO.

I'll put it this way.If we had last years team and played the way we did at South this year,we would have got beat by three touchdowns last night.Maryville is just that good.Our boys give it all they had against a much better team.We went down against one of the best teams that I've ever seen DB play,and if it was going to happen,that's the way I like it.Thanks to the few seniors that stuck it out and gave all they had.Young Indians,hit the weight room and work like you need to and we will be there for you.Roll Tribe

DB proved what everbody already knew,CS is all they have had all year.Without

him they were doomed to a goose egg. 3 picks didn't help much.Tough night for

the few DB seniors to go out on. It seems DB has lost the intensity its teams

use to have,even in a down year. Good luck next year.

Every once in awhile a complete jerk arises to throw their barbs, you sir are the epitome of this statement! You must be hiding underneath a rock to occasionally raise you head and then go back into hiding. I would say you're a GC hater because maybe, just maybe........ GC record is 166 wins vs 40 lose during his tenure at DB, not to shabby. Go peddle your insignificant opions and crap to someone who cares????!!!!!

My apology etathlete on the above post, I agreed with your post, I was wanting to respond to the following:

footballfan100 - what happened to all the db fans who were praising GC after the db-south game? he was the best thing going then and now he is as low as dirt....haha you people really make me laugh!!!! he is lucky to have fans like you all....... backstabbers!!!!