Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

Do you really think they've "gave up" BoogerHill? All of these posts are insightful but TOTALLY POINTLESS if the players have quit. Since the players read this...(and I'm not chewing)...

Seniors, You got 48 minutes on Friday Night. That's all you're promised. 48 minutes left to play this game that you all love together. Through all of the sweat, blood, joys and pains for all of these years...less than an hour is guaranteed to you. I don't care about Wins and Losses. All that SC asks out of each and everyone of you is 100% effort every down. The game, much like life, will take care of itself if you give your all. Have fun Seniors...Play for One Another and not anybody else.

I am afraid they have, not given up per say, but have gotten down on certain aspects, things that can't be brought out on here. I don't think they have given up on each other, or wanting to win by no means. Like I said in my last post they just need to go out Friday night and play with their hearts and play for each other, if they do then things should be lookin good come 4th quarter.

Goes back to the confidence thing ,I think is what Booger is saying.

I don't recall seeing an SC team fall off as much as this one has in the last 2 games. Cannon and YAI are not world beaters. I don't think confidence had much to do with that. I really don't know what happened. I think this team can erase both of those games with a good effort Friday. It's a new season. I want to see SC play like it is. I fully expect it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antwan......Maybe the team hasn't fallen off. I'm just going to chalk up the last 2 games to........saving up!! :roflol:

I'm with ya....I fully expect to see SC come out and play with a little fire and determination. Like Bigreid said......It started last May....7 months of sweat, tears, bumps, bruises, hard work....... and it comes down to 48 minutes.

I don't recall seeing an SC team fall off as much as this one has in the last 2 games. Cannon and YAI are not world beaters. I don't think confidence had much to do with that. I really don't know what happened. I think this team can erase both of those games with a good effort Friday. It's a new season. I want to see SC play like it is. I fully expect it.

YAI may not be a "world beater" but they sure kicked SC's hind end the last..... what? 3-4 match ups?

Sounds like somebody needs a waaa burger and french cries :lol:

GO DRAGONS !! :roflol:

YAIHelmet.jpg

MY Owls are going to show up on Friday night. MY Owls are going to play with all they have. MY Owls are not going to listen to a bunch of fans saying they've given up. MY Owls don't give up. MY Owls want to win. MY Owls KNOW they can win. I don't know whose Owls are the ones you guys are talking about. MY Owls have something to prove. Prove it they will. People on here running their mouths are not going to affect what MY Owls are going to do Friday night. Leadership on a team doesn't start at the bottom, it starts at the top, and MY Owls have the best. Win or lose, MY Owls will give their best. They don't need us to ask them to do that. I haven't seen one of MY Owls give up yet. I watch one of MY Owls every single day beg for some way to get back in the game. I watch that same Owl tell the other Owls that they can do it, that he KNOWS they can do it. Why don't all of you do the same? Don't get on here and make insinuations that there are problems on the team with leadership. There isn't. Just because this bunch doesn't scream that they're the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean they aren't there for each other. The kids on this team don't run around throwing up their arms, trying to get the crowd to cheer for them, because they don't need it. They KNOW we are behind them. They KNOW they are there for each other. I have watched these guys find their way. I have watched them realize that losing isn't the best feeling in the world, but that it happens. The best thing I've watched out of this bunch of high school football players, is how they've grown. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of kids. You know what the best thing about this team is? And before I tell you, Bear and Cody know I love them. But the 09 Owls don't have a Bear or Cody. They are a team. There are 11 young men on that field, and not a single "star". And you know what? That is what makes a team. That's your leadership you people keep searching for. A few losses doesn't make me love MY Owls any less. It allows me to see a real team. A team that can take it. A team that can learn from it. A team. GO OWLS!!! I love you!!!

YAI may not be a "world beater" but they sure kicked SC's hind end the last..... what? 3-4 match ups?

Sounds like somebody needs a waaa burger and french cries :wacko:

GO DRAGONS !! :thumb:

YAIHelmet.jpg

That they did...no argument there. How is that whining? Look up the definition of whining. You are NOT world beaters. You lost to Cannon (6-4) Dekalb (6-4) and LA (7-3) You're not even ranked in the top 10. Neither are any of the 3 teams you lost to...or beat for that matter. Let's see how far you go in the playoffs. If you get to the semis...or so...then you can crow. Whomever wins our quad will still be a big underdog in the semis...and whomever wins that game will be a pretty big underdog in the title game. Hey...I'm pulling for you to win. You have a good chance at Sequatchie. After that...odds are not good.

How can a fan "throw in the towel"?

If players look to coacht for a confidence boost then they are in bad shape to begin with on so many different levels. Nobody has to be an "in your face" type of leader. I'm sure what every coach wants is a team full of Seniors that lead by example and not neccessarily the "rah rah" type. SC has a wealth of great young men. But when it comes time for Friday Night Football, there has got to be a "switch" so to speak when you step on that football field that you're the Meanest and Toughest bunch of s.o.b.s on the field and for 48 minutes you're going to open up an eternal can of W-A to whoever lines up across from you Snap after Snap after Snap. GO BIG OWLS!!!!!

Your right Bigreid..........but the 1 and done....stick a fork in them.....and such hit me wrong. Look to Coacht for a confidence boost?? Who knows...could be a shot in the arm, could be a confidence destroyer, could be a motivater. I know kids read this mess.,, and they are still kids. If you, or I (supposedly grown men :thumb: ) hear something enough we start to believe it, especially if it comes from our biggest supporters and defenders. All I'm trying to do is support and do my part to help find that "switch" again.

Ya'll don't be too hard on the bigr. He is as passionate as any fan we have. He is kinda like me in that he does not sugarcoat. He wants to see this team play to their potential...and man...so do I. We both hate to see this team not reach what they are capable of. I'm sorry...losses to CC and YAI are bad enough...but to get drilled by both is unacceptable. You have to expect some criticism in the wake of that. The potential is there to make a run. Let's see the team that played WH on Friday. Like I said before...I fully expect it. Don't be that one and done SC team. It's a pride thing now.

MY Owls are going to show up on Friday night. MY Owls are going to play with all they have. MY Owls are not going to listen to a bunch of fans saying they've given up. MY Owls don't give up. MY Owls want to win. MY Owls KNOW they can win. I don't know whose Owls are the ones you guys are talking about. MY Owls have something to prove. Prove it they will. People on here running their mouths are not going to affect what MY Owls are going to do Friday night. Leadership on a team doesn't start at the bottom, it starts at the top, and MY Owls have the best. Win or lose, MY Owls will give their best. They don't need us to ask them to do that. I haven't seen one of MY Owls give up yet. I watch one of MY Owls every single day beg for some way to get back in the game. I watch that same Owl tell the other Owls that they can do it, that he KNOWS they can do it. Why don't all of you do the same? Don't get on here and make insinuations that there are problems on the team with leadership. There isn't. Just because this bunch doesn't scream that they're the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean they aren't there for each other. The kids on this team don't run around throwing up their arms, trying to get the crowd to cheer for them, because they don't need it. They KNOW we are behind them. They KNOW they are there for each other. I have watched these guys find their way. I have watched them realize that losing isn't the best feeling in the world, but that it happens. The best thing I've watched out of this bunch of high school football players, is how they've grown. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of kids. You know what the best thing about this team is? And before I tell you, Bear and Cody know I love them. But the 09 Owls don't have a Bear or Cody. They are a team. There are 11 young men on that field, and not a single "star". And you know what? That is what makes a team. That's your leadership you people keep searching for. A few losses doesn't make me love MY Owls any less. It allows me to see a real team. A team that can take it. A team that can learn from it. A team. GO OWLS!!! I love you!!!

What she said!!!!!!!!!