Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

To the muffster and all the other posters that want to stop by and take shots at SC...We get behind "our" team and "our" young men. We'll won't ever sit by and let you trash our team, our community and our SCP. P-spy...I actually went to the CC thread to attempt to show support for your team and you want to come here and run your fingers. That's the difference between me and you.

You know, it's funny how some SC fans can get on here and really pop off at the mouth when things are going good. Drop a few games and silence! Some even throwing in the towel. SCP? If I remember correctly, seems like several from SC come over the the Mayfield thread to get a few shots in. That's ok. Most probably responding to Slim, and that's fine too. I'm sure he can take it! But y'all have no problem downing our program, dos, coaches, scoreboards, etc... I know alot of the ribbing is all in fun, but some (including some of ours) take it a little far. I've had plenty of ammo after watching a few of your games this year, but decided not to go there. I keep up with your threads all year, and really enjoy talking to some of the mafia. Just looks like some are real good at dishing it out, but when someone pokes back....... Bigreid, I want you to know that this wasn't directed at you, but just the fan base as a whole. As always, I wish the Owls the best of luck!!!

Your team had the same problem a couple of years ago when you lost several games. It comes with the territory. Every team has frontrunners. That being said...I think SC has the most loyal fans on the t. Most are here through thick and thin. A few years ago Macon had many...up until this year the MO had many...they are all gone. SC fans tend to tell it like it is. If the team does not play well...we don't sugarcoat it. I will say that it's obvious this year's team is not quite as talented as the last few. Injuries are a big part of that...but not all of it. If this is a down year...I'll take it. SC was in contention for the district title all the way up to week 10. This team beat a pretty good White House team by sheer effort. I would like to see that again Friday. I also think Pearl Cohn has a solid team. We will see if SC wants to live to play another day.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Owls will play up to the level of their competition this friday night. And they better because Pearl Cohn is loaded with athletes. Much like an Austin East or Fulton, usually those teams are very undisciplined which should be an advantage for the Owls.

To late for all this rah rah talk. Talk is cheap. Go out and get after some people. Execute what you have been taught. The speed of Pearl Cohn will definitely have the Owls on their toes. Good luck SC.

Don't count on Pearl Cohn being undisciplined. They were extremely disciplined against Lipscomb, and with better time management near the end of the game they would likely have won the game. Defensively, #26 (LB) and #1 (CB) were outstanding. Large line and plenty of good athletes. SC will have to bring its "A" game to advance.

Isn't time management or a lack of a disciplinary issue? :roflol: No doubt PC is talented and plays tough opponents...but I gotta go with SC! Go Owls! :lol:

I said it last Friday night and have thought it all week, I am afraid this "team" has given up. For what reasons I don't know, although I have my suspicions. I have been involved with this group of seniors for several years for various reasons they are a different group. They are not the type that can take a chewin as a positive, for some reason they take it as a negative and it goes downhill from there. I also know that several of the players get on here and read these boards every week. Like Big Reid said this is not the place for players to be getting motivation for the games. Again this group is the type that will let these messages stick in the back of their heads all week and on Friday night. Knowing these Seniors there is not a vocal leader among them, Jose is about the best for that. One thing this team does have is a group that will play with their hearts if given the right motivation. Do I think they can beat PC, yes I do. IF they come out fired up and each one leads from within their selves. Like I was once told and have told this particular group of Seniors before, "The only thing that matters when you step across that white line is heart. Give it all you got and know when the last buzzer sounds you can look at every teammate and honestly say I gave it my all." Don't do it for the fans, don't do it for the coaches, and don't do it for your classmates, do it for yourself and every person on this team that you have spent the last year with preparing for this moment. Also as somebody else said the fans, for the most part, need to look at their selves this Friday night and see are you one of the ones up cheering or are you one of the ones sitting there watchin everybody else. It is a great thing that a school our size has the amount of fans we have and the following that we do, but if 80% of them come in and set down and don't stand up or even clap till the end of the game, then really whats the point in being "proud" of our fan base?

A little suprised that bigreid and glover have folded. I will admit that since the half of the CC game things have been amiss and they haven't been the same team, but I still believe they can play. What's in the past is just that, in the past. The slate is wiped clean and starts anew, only you just get 1 game at a time to get it done. All they can do now is play as hard as they can. Play like there is no tomorrow, because this could be the last time some EVER play this game again. Leave it all on the field and be able to look in the mirror, and each other, and say they did all they could, win or lose. Win and play another day. Lose, be able to hold their head up and say I gave it all.

Sounds like someone didn't give it his all when he had the chance....Wished you would have played a little harder "waterboy"

Let's put it this way Pattypeepers, Woodbury (at that time) never beat me. I know what it's like when it's over because I did play, unlike some who appears to have been cheerleaders, or a--backs. You remember don't you...you kept saying put me in coach...he kept saying "get your a-- back". :roflol:

I believe the Owls will play up to the level of their competition this friday night. And they better because Pearl Cohn is loaded with athletes. Much like an Austin East or Fulton, usually those teams are very undisciplined which should be an advantage for the Owls.

To late for all this rah rah talk. Talk is cheap. Go out and get after some people. Execute what you have been taught. The speed of Pearl Cohn will definitely have the Owls on their toes. Good luck SC.

Don't count on Pearl Cohn being undisciplined. They were extremely disciplined against Lipscomb, and with better time management near the end of the game they would likely have won the game. Defensively, #26 (LB) and #1 (CB) were outstanding. Large line and plenty of good athletes. SC will have to bring its "A" game to advance.

Isn't time management or a lack of a disciplinary issue? :roflol: No doubt PC is talented and plays tough opponents...but I gotta go with SC! Go Owls! :lol:

The game I saw they looked very disciplined. They were a second from winning that game...save the extra point. They are not Alcoa. If SC comes to play...they can win. If they play like the last 2 games...it will be ugly. I can think of 2 things in SC's favor. It's the 1st home game since White House...and it going to be a dry field. Both haven't happened since the WH game.

Thanks Big...good luck to the Wildcats too.

I said it last Friday night and have thought it all week, I am afraid this "team" has given up. For what reasons I don't know, although I have my suspicions. I have been involved with this group of seniors for several years for various reasons they are a different group. They are not the type that can take a chewin as a positive, for some reason they take it as a negative and it goes downhill from there. I also know that several of the players get on here and read these boards every week. Like Big Reid said this is not the place for players to be getting motivation for the games. Again this group is the type that will let these messages stick in the back of their heads all week and on Friday night. Knowing these Seniors there is not a vocal leader among them, Jose is about the best for that. One thing this team does have is a group that will play with their hearts if given the right motivation. Do I think they can beat PC, yes I do. IF they come out fired up and each one leads from within their selves. Like I was once told and have told this particular group of Seniors before, "The only thing that matters when you step across that white line is heart. Give it all you got and know when the last buzzer sounds you can look at every teammate and honestly say I gave it my all." Don't do it for the fans, don't do it for the coaches, and don't do it for your classmates, do it for yourself and every person on this team that you have spent the last year with preparing for this moment. Also as somebody else said the fans, for the most part, need to look at their selves this Friday night and see are you one of the ones up cheering or are you one of the ones sitting there watchin everybody else. It is a great thing that a school our size has the amount of fans we have and the following that we do, but if 80% of them come in and set down and don't stand up or even clap till the end of the game, then really whats the point in being "proud" of our fan base?

Well said Booger........... :roflol:

Do you really think they've "gave up" BoogerHill? All of these posts are insightful but TOTALLY POINTLESS if the players have quit. Since the players read this...(and I'm not chewing)...

Seniors, You got 48 minutes on Friday Night. That's all you're promised. 48 minutes left to play this game that you all love together. Through all of the sweat, blood, joys and pains for all of these years...less than an hour is guaranteed to you. I don't care about Wins and Losses. All that SC asks out of each and everyone of you is 100% effort every down. The game, much like life, will take care of itself if you give your all. Have fun Seniors...Play for One Another and not anybody else.

Do you really think they've "gave up" BoogerHill? All of these posts are insightful but TOTALLY POINTLESS if the players have quit. Since the players read this...(and I'm not chewing)...

Seniors, You got 48 minutes on Friday Night. That's all you're promised. 48 minutes left to play this game that you all love together. Through all of the sweat, blood, joys and pains for all of these years...less than an hour is guaranteed to you. I don't care about Wins and Losses. All that SC asks out of each and everyone of you is 100% effort every down. The game, much like life, will take care of itself if you give your all. Have fun Seniors...Play for One Another and not anybody else.

If 100% isn't given on every play...I think I would find someone over on the bench that will give that effort. I bet there are some underclassmen that want to play...and will give that effort. They are the future anyway. I would start it a game early if needed. I hope it's not needed. I know it shouldn't be.

How can a fan "throw in the towel"?

If players look to coacht for a confidence boost then they are in bad shape to begin with on so many different levels. Nobody has to be an "in your face" type of leader. I'm sure what every coach wants is a team full of Seniors that lead by example and not neccessarily the "rah rah" type. SC has a wealth of great young men. But when it comes time for Friday Night Football, there has got to be a "switch" so to speak when you step on that football field that you're the Meanest and Toughest bunch of s.o.b.s on the field and for 48 minutes you're going to open up an eternal can of W-A to whoever lines up across from you Snap after Snap after Snap. GO BIG OWLS!!!!!

Your right Bigreid..........but the 1 and done....stick a fork in them.....and such hit me wrong. Look to Coacht for a confidence boost?? Who knows...could be a shot in the arm, could be a confidence destroyer, could be a motivater. I know kids read this mess.,, and they are still kids. If you, or I (supposedly grown men :roflol: ) hear something enough we start to believe it, especially if it comes from our biggest supporters and defenders. All I'm trying to do is support and do my part to help find that "switch" again.

I am afraid they have, not given up per say, but have gotten down on certain aspects, things that can't be brought out on here. I don't think they have given up on each other, or wanting to win by no means. Like I said in my last post they just need to go out Friday night and play with their hearts and play for each other, if they do then things should be lookin good come 4th quarter.

I am afraid they have, not given up per say, but have gotten down on certain aspects, things that can't be brought out on here. I don't think they have given up on each other, or wanting to win by no means. Like I said in my last post they just need to go out Friday night and play with their hearts and play for each other, if they do then things should be lookin good come 4th quarter.

Goes back to the confidence thing ,I think is what Booger is saying.