Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed this game. With muzzleloader in the morning, I didn't make the trip to Greenbriar. Smith played a great game and except for the interception that was brought back played mistake free. The defense really stepped up and shut down Pearl Cohn. I have to also mention the Pearl Cohn band which was a joy to watch. Good Luck to Smith next week.

Way to go BIG OWLS!!!!!! Showed up tonight and played with tons of heart!! Defense played lights out allowing just over 100 total yards and the Firebirds have one heck of a team. Both teams played with great sportsmanship. Nothing but complimentary to all that PC brought to SC.

Harpeth at SC!!!! Keep rolling Owls!

Congrats to SC. Played really hard and inspired. Wanted it more than PC, IMO.

This game was won on the sidelines. For PC, I don't think I have ever seen a more predictable, simple offense played since I played (many) years ago. It was like watching a high school offense from the 60's. I-formation, slot back, wide receiver, no motion, no misdirection, straight blocking schemes. They made SC's defensive coaches an easy target.

And not going for it on 4th and 1 on SC's 40 YL early in the game - unbelieveable! Then they punt and try to pooch punt - FROM THE 40! A high school punter can kick away from the 40 and it usually won't go in the end zone. So they don't go for it inside the 40, then punt it 15 yards. Unreal!

Then let a squib kickoff bounce 10 yards forward off a player's foot. Back to back offsides penalties when SC is 3rd and long in their own territory.

As a CPA fan, it is embarrassing to think we lost to this PC team.

Good luck next week, SC.

Congrats to SC. Played really hard and inspired. Wanted it more than PC, IMO.

This game was won on the sidelines. For PC, I don't think I have ever seen a more predictable, simple offense played since I played (many) years ago. It was like watching a high school offense from the 60's. I-formation, slot back, wide receiver, no motion, no misdirection, straight blocking schemes. They made SC's defensive coaches an easy target.

And not going for it on 4th and 1 on SC's 40 YL early in the game - unbelieveable! Then they punt and try to pooch punt - FROM THE 40! A high school punter can kick away from the 40 and it usually won't go in the end zone. So they don't go for it inside the 40, then punt it 15 yards. Unreal!

Then let a squib kickoff bounce 10 yards forward off a player's foot. Back to back offsides penalties when SC is 3rd and long in their own territory.

As a CPA fan, it is embarrassing to think we lost to this PC team.

Good luck next week, SC.

I think it's the same offense they ran all year. I know it's the same they ran against Lipscomb. Their strength is defense...and they played a good defensive game tonight. SC outplayed PC in all phases. PC has a better team than you give credit.

Owls win 9-0. Great job boys! You were called out this week and you responded. Played aggressive and inspired the ENTIRE game. Never got down when things didn't go our way. Defense played hard nosed all night and the offense made plays when they needed to for the win. Got to bring that inspiration over to next week. It doesn't get any easier from here. Again, great job Owls.

:(