Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

Good Luck to the Owls Friday Night.

There is a theory of motivation called hierarchy of needs. This has been modified for football purposes, but here it is:

5.Self-Actualization - playing up to your full potential

4.Esteem - playing to feel like you are a good team

3.Belonging - playing to tell if you are as good as someone else

2.Safety - playing to ensure you are playing again, but not lose and go home

1.Survival - playoffs, lose and go home

The needs at the bottom are more important and teams are more motivated when they are at the bottom of the chain, SC has, IMO, been a little higher up on this chain the last couple of games, and the other team has out-motivated us. However, now motivation should be even, since all teams are put at the bottom of this chain for the playoffs.

When motivation is even, usually the bigger, stronger, and faster teams survive. However the will, heart, and determination to survive can offset these shortcomings. Many SC teams in the past have won because of this determination. I will be the first to admit I don't get into the games enough, but we all need to come together,get behind our team, and show Pearl Cohn this Friday Night what SCP is all about.

Go Owls!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed all those Bs on ya'lls record. I know now they stand for "Barely Lost". And since you mentioned records, it's a shame York finished ,what, 4th in the district??? You should have shown the TSSAA all those Bs. :thumb: Be careful. I believe a mediocre team smoked York last Halloween, and handed the region to SC. Remember?

"B's".......... LOL. Good one. I'll give ya that.

Yeah the beloved DRAGONS didn't finish (in the district) where we would have liked but finishing 7-3 overall is not a bad record. At least we beat ye o'le great Owls and didn't get shut out by a 2-8 team :lol:

GO DRAGONS !! :lol:

Yeah......."At least......". :lol: If we had finished 4th, I would be looking for a bright side too.

Good luck Asby and Dragons. Represent the district well.

I noticed all those Bs on ya'lls record. I know now they stand for "Barely Lost". And since you mentioned records, it's a shame York finished ,what, 4th in the district??? You should have shown the TSSAA all those Bs. :lol: Be careful. I believe a mediocre team smoked York last Halloween, and handed the region to SC. Remember?

"B's".......... LOL. Good one. I'll give ya that.

Yeah the beloved DRAGONS didn't finish (in the district) where we would have liked but finishing 7-3 overall is not a bad record. At least we beat ye o'le great Owls and didn't get shut out by a 2-8 team :thumb:

Yeah......."At at least......". :cry: If we had finished 4th, I would be looking for a bright side too.

Good luck Asby and Dragons. Represent the district well.

All teams are now 0-0. Good luck to all of our district teams! Nuttin but love from "The Mountain".

:thumb: well well well ... the SCF (Smith County Faithful) reappears alive and well on CoachT! Y'all had me worried there for a few weeks .. no barbs or arrrows .. whew .. I feel much better !!

Go Owls !!! :thumb:

Nursie, I'll be at your game at some point during the night, I'll look you up, forth and fence right??