Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC needs a vocal leader. Someone that's going to jump butt when needed.

One better SC needs someone to go out and lead by example. Someone that is going to bring it every play with some authority !!! Who will it be ??

I was really impressed with the Webb kid last spring and the 2 games I watched the Owls play this year. He gets my vote as a leader. Hope he comes through for him and his teammates.

I agree with you on this one... I ( notice this is my opine only) think they looked to the seniors for a leader and all the seniors just looked at each other... not one of the seniors stepped up to it,,, like waiting for someone else. Was told one senior said " we need confidence." Well son if it aint there by now,,, it wont magically appear by this Fri night.. Hope one of those juniors will step up!!!!!! Go Owls

This team has to find a sense of urgency. Many times this year I have noticed that the Owls seem to be almost pedestrian on BOTH sides of the ball. We saw this in the Gordonsville game, and in the contests that followed. I feel that many Owl fans were under an illusion that this team was one of the most superior teams SCHS has fielded in the Maynard era, and with a loss on Friday, would probably go down as the most under-performing team of the past ten years. Don’t get me wrong, I feel that this team is full of great young men who care about the program and the school, but I just don’t see the same intensity like that of fall’s past. Teams like the 04’ and 06’ team used their unwavering determination to basically will their way to some games they probably shouldn’t have even won. I can only hope the Owls rekindled that fire and determination that has guided them to be one of the most consistent teams, not only in the Upper Cumberland, but the mid-state itself, during the course of the decade. I would be willing to bet good money that Maynard and Co. realize this and will have their flock of Owls ready to take on the Firebirds on Friday night…but I have been wrong before… Go Owls!

To the muffster and all the other posters that want to stop by and take shots at SC...We get behind "our" team and "our" young men. We'll won't ever sit by and let you trash our team, our community and our SCP. P-spy...I actually went to the CC thread to attempt to show support for your team and you want to come here and run your fingers. That's the difference between me and you.

You know, it's funny how some SC fans can get on here and really pop off at the mouth when things are going good. Drop a few games and silence! Some even throwing in the towel. SCP? If I remember correctly, seems like several from SC come over the the Mayfield thread to get a few shots in. That's ok. Most probably responding to Slim, and that's fine too. I'm sure he can take it! But y'all have no problem downing our program, dos, coaches, scoreboards, etc... I know alot of the ribbing is all in fun, but some (including some of ours) take it a little far. I've had plenty of ammo after watching a few of your games this year, but decided not to go there. I keep up with your threads all year, and really enjoy talking to some of the mafia. Just looks like some are real good at dishing it out, but when someone pokes back....... Bigreid, I want you to know that this wasn't directed at you, but just the fan base as a whole. As always, I wish the Owls the best of luck!!!

I know you wasn't talking to me, SEVEN, and I know what you're talking about but you'd be hard pressed to find me taking "my time" out of "my day" to get on coacht to go to an opposing teams thread to trash them. I know I'm not the majority...but its cool though. I would imagine it's real easy to pop off at snoball and slimshady...especially on a TC thread. But I don't go there, so I wouldn't know.

It's too late for SC to be looking for "ONE" leader also. "EVERY SENIOR" has to lead and that's the bottom line...or it'll be "squeak squeak" time. It's really simple, Win or Go Home.

I agree with you on this one... I ( notice this is my opine only) think they looked to the seniors for a leader and all the seniors just looked at each other... not one of the seniors stepped up to it,,, like waiting for someone else. Was told one senior said " we need confidence." Well son if it aint there by now,,, it wont magically appear by this Fri night.. Hope one of those juniors will step up!!!!!! Go Owls

If people would remember.....I said back in the spring that this bunch of SRs are low keyed. There is no "get in your face/get fired up leader". There is no Bear or Cody....I had not 1 but 3 coaches thell me they had rather for it to be that way. I doesn't create as much division on the team.

We need confidence?? Don't know for sure, but sometimes a pat on the back and dusting off is better that a kick in the rear.

Look at some of the messages on this thread........even yours nursey. Yelp, a real confidence boost.

Just my opinion.

Okay Termie!! Shot hit the bulls eye!!! :thumb: But I have been at the games and cheering them on and every time I see a football player I tell them Cmon boys. win or lose as long as ya do your best I am proud..!! I have been an " avid" fan 5 years now... Please look at exactly what i said.... a player said " we need confidence.. Well if he hasnt got the confidence now... how does he?? Should they all not have been "flying high" with the great win over White House?? I am sorry Termie,,, I am soooooooo worried that they dont care any more!!! I know at one Tech game some of us went over behind them and cheered them on,,, fell on flat ears... I mean what else can u do?? praise... yes... support... yes?? The Owls have it!!!!

I believe the Owls will play up to the level of their competition this friday night. And they better because Pearl Cohn is loaded with athletes. Much like an Austin East or Fulton, usually those teams are very undisciplined which should be an advantage for the Owls.

To late for all this rah rah talk. Talk is cheap. Go out and get after some people. Execute what you have been taught. The speed of Pearl Cohn will definitely have the Owls on their toes. Good luck SC.

Don't count on Pearl Cohn being undisciplined. They were extremely disciplined against Lipscomb, and with better time management near the end of the game they would likely have won the game. Defensively, #26 (LB) and #1 (CB) were outstanding. Large line and plenty of good athletes. SC will have to bring its "A" game to advance.

Okay Termie!! Shot hit the bulls eye!!! :roflol: But I have been at the games and cheering them on and every time I see a football player I tell them Cmon boys. win or lose as long as ya do your best I am proud..!! I have been an " avid" fan 5 years now... Please look at exactly what i said.... a player said " we need confidence.. Well if he hasnt got the confidence now... how does he?? Should they all not have been "flying high" with the great win over White House?? I am sorry Termie,,, I am soooooooo worried that they dont care any more!!! I know at one Tech game some of us went over behind them and cheered them on,,, fell on flat ears... I mean what else can u do?? praise... yes... support... yes?? The Owls have it!!!!

Not meant as a "shot" nursey. I just kind of agree with seven and a few others. If we're winning we got our chest thrown out and walk with a strut. Drop a game or two, some throw in the towel. I just look at it a little different I guess. This is the same bunch of kids that were 7-1, and had just beat WH. They aren't playing like that now, but it's still the same kids....same starters, same Leaders, and same coaches. If a player said "we need confidence" ask your self why?? I have my own ideas about things, but I'm propably wrong, so I'll keep it to myself. Funny things.......confidence and motivation. Some things give it. Some things destroy it. And it's different for everybody. All I know is, it's hard to be confident and motivated when you lose a game or two and your supporters and fans excited about a BAND coming. Yelp.....a fine bunch of fans we are. If anybody don't care anymore......maybe it's not the players.

Am I concerned? A little. I was concerned before WH, heck, I'm concerned before every game. Some more than others.

As far as leaders....I guess that depends on everybody's own thoughts. Last year Bear and Cody were vocal. If being vocal is what it takes to lead....SC should have won it all.

How can a fan "throw in the towel"?

If players look to coacht for a confidence boost then they are in bad shape to begin with on so many different levels. Nobody has to be an "in your face" type of leader. I'm sure what every coach wants is a team full of Seniors that lead by example and not neccessarily the "rah rah" type. SC has a wealth of great young men. But when it comes time for Friday Night Football, there has got to be a "switch" so to speak when you step on that football field that you're the Meanest and Toughest bunch of s.o.b.s on the field and for 48 minutes you're going to open up an eternal can of W-A to whoever lines up across from you Snap after Snap after Snap. GO BIG OWLS!!!!!