Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just a great game overall, bottom line, SC had the heart that they have not had past couple weeks. But this is the new season, just as Maynord said after the game, we are 1-0 now, and have to keep the heart next week. I don't think I have ever seen a classier team than Pearl Cohn. The band was everything it was talked up to be and more. The crowd was in the game all 48 min. Great game SC, keep it rollin next week. By the way, anybody know anything about Harpeth?

GO OWLS!!! :roflol:

Great game. Srs. that's the way to step up. I saw more fire in some than I have ever seen. Nobody that saw this game can question the leardership or desire again. Every player that stepped on the field tonight played ever play 100%. This was the kind of game that makes me proud to wear black and gold. I sure would have liked another shot at CC, but I'll settle for Harpeth.

But, PC did win the 1/2 time show.

Great job tonight Owls! Definatly found your intensity that had been missing the last few weeks. I thought it was an unbelievable display of heart that every player showed tonight that stepped on the field. Also great job sidelines and great job fans everybody stayed in the game for the full 48 minutes. Keep up the hard work it only gets tougher from here.

I think it's the same offense they ran all year. I know it's the same they ran against Lipscomb. Their strength is defense...and they played a good defensive game tonight. SC outplayed PC in all phases. PC has a better team than you give credit.

I'm sure it is the same offense, and I agree that their defense looked pretty good. I'm not taking anything away from SC - they played harder and their offensive schemes, running hard on short yardage, and trick plays were the difference. PC did a good job of putting pressure on the QB, so Johnson had to let it go quicker than he is used to. Block in back call on the interception TD by PC was turning point in game. The QB throwback TD was a good call by SC. My point was that PC's offense was easy to defend for a well coached team like SC. And they made so many mental and strategic errors.

Go, SC, keep up the inspired play.