Oakand at MT Juliet

2priceless

From the grapevine within the MJ family and not Reed or his family-No D-1 schools but smaller schools. That really surprises me. I figured maybe at least a Southern Conference like Wofford (Perfect fit for the Offense they run). Cornelia is only a JR.

Given his arm and pocket presence, that really does suprise me. I hope Middle Tennessee takes a look at him.

Wing-T QBs don't get too much attention from bigger schools. It really is a shame. In a different offense MTSU and even bigger schools would be offering. He is a leader that makes sound decisions. Above average arm and can run. The Oakland D and the loss of our FB at the end of the 1st kept his scrambling in check.

Does MT. Juliet normally throw it that much or is it a little more balanced normally?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people think of Wing-T, they think automatically of a running game. Not true, since Coach Perry has been at Mt. Juliet the QB's have thrown for more than 1200 yards every year and have been very capable of running the ball (usually 500-700 yards). That's good production out of the QB spot. When I played for Coach Perry at Westmoreland, the QB threw for over 1600 yards and not as much running. Different type of QB. So, when people think of Wing-T, I guess Coach Perry goes against the common thinking. Don't get me wrong, but you must have a QB, productive running backs, and good WR's (trees if you want to call them that). WR's and Backs must be able to block and catch in order for this offense to work. Offense loses some key people, but if they can find or develope a QB, they will again be dangerous next year (better).

When people think of Wing-T, they think automatically of a running game. Not true, since Coach Perry has been at Mt. Juliet the QB's have thrown for more than 1200 yards every year and have been very capable of running the ball (usually 500-700 yards). That's good production out of the QB spot. When I played for Coach Perry at Westmoreland, the QB threw for over 1600 yards and not as much running. Different type of QB. So, when people think of Wing-T, I guess Coach Perry goes against the common thinking. Don't get me wrong, but you must have a QB, productive running backs, and good WR's (trees if you want to call them that). WR's and Backs must be able to block and catch in order for this offense to work. Offense loses some key people, but if they can find or develope a QB, they will again be dangerous next year (better).

Very well stated. One that you left out is that in the wing-t that Perry runs the Fullback gets alot of carries. Earnhardt #33 started coming on strong the last few games after his injury only to get reinjured at the end of the 1st quarter. That hurt our running game. I haven't heard anything on Earnhardt but it didn't look good on the sideline. I hope all is well for you Brady.

Don't know where you got the smarter thing. I never mentioned or compared education between Wilson and Rutherford county. In fact I have 2 kids going to Rutherford county schools.

I will be at the game tonight cheering on my Bears. My son that goes to SC Elementary is torn on who to root for. He has grown up going to MJ's games so he loves the Bears but feels like he should root for SC because he goes there. I think I convinced him to pull for the Bears since it means more (Staying undefeated). Go Bears!

The second quote is from a few weeks ago when MJ was playing Station Camp. Which is it? Do your kids go to Sumner County schools or Rutherford County schools?

Don't know where you got the smarter thing. I never mentioned or compared education between Wilson and Rutherford county. In fact I have 2 kids going to Rutherford county schools.

I will be at the game tonight cheering on my Bears. My son that goes to SC Elementary is torn on who to root for. He has grown up going to MJ's games so he loves the Bears but feels like he should root for SC because he goes there. I think I convinced him to pull for the Bears since it means more (Staying undefeated). Go Bears!

The second quote is from a few weeks ago when MJ was playing Station Camp. Which is it? Do your kids go to Sumner County schools or Rutherford County schools?

Both. It's called Divorce and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Hope you never have to encounter it.

From the grapevine within the MJ family and not Reed or his family-No D-1 schools but smaller schools. That really surprises me. I figured maybe at least a Southern Conference like Wofford (Perfect fit for the Offense they run). Cornelia is only a JR.

Hey MJ, did Reed send Woffy any game films? I will pass the word this weekend or very soon.

Hey MJ, did Reed send Woffy any game films? I will pass the word this weekend or very soon.

I'm not sure. Haven't been able to talk to him. Thru a friend, Wofford was never mentioned. Smaller school than Wofford. Big win for Wofford last week. They are having a down year but are very young this year.