Oakand at MT Juliet

2priceless

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2priceless, that was a good win and I am pulling for the Patriots to whip some of your Rutherford Co brothers. Still can't get over the new look uniforms though. That big O on the side of the helmet is a stark difference from the dark blue ones from way back. lol

I remember the days when we would travel up to Gallatin every other year for the biggest game in the midstate (or at least the biggest one until we would travel to Lincoln Co). Good games.

Week 3 was always the measuring stick....after that game you knew what you had to work on and where you stood against the top competition. There were some classic games back then.

What a game. The crowd got their money's worth (I hope the TSSAAA is satisfied). MJ, what a great season. Keep your heads up--you done a great job. Oakland, if you're the best in the state, then football in Tennessee ain't a hoot. MJ drove it on you pretty good for yall to be world beaters from Rutherford county. Maybe that is why yall finished third in the district. MJ had some very questionable calls (What refs again) and two key drops in the endzone. Remember this, your defense was pathetic at best. Couldn't stop run or pass. Go Riverdale and the Williamson county schools (TSSAA helping boys)

Our fumble on the 15 in the first half, makes up for your dropped pass in the end zone. Before you complain too much about the officiating, you might want to check the stats. I beleive Oakland got as many questionable calls as MJ and probably had more total penalty yards.

You wanted to beat Oakland. All you had to do was stop us and take the ball away, but you could not do it when it counted. Oakland doesn't score often, but they score slowly. I'm anxious to see the time of possesion stat. My estimation is that Oakland held the ball for about 2/3rds of the 2nd half.

Having said that MJ has some great skill players. Are the QB and receivers seniors?

What a game. The crowd got their money's worth (I hope the TSSAAA is satisfied). MJ, what a great season. Keep your heads up--you done a great job. Oakland, if you're the best in the state, then football in Tennessee ain't a hoot. MJ drove it on you pretty good for yall to be world beaters from Rutherford county. Maybe that is why yall finished third in the district. MJ had some very questionable calls (What refs again) and two key drops in the endzone. Remember this, your defense was pathetic at best. Couldn't stop run or pass. Go Riverdale and the Williamson county schools (TSSAA helping boys)

Our fumble on the 15 in the first half, makes up for your dropped pass in the end zone. Before you complain too much about the officiating, you might want to check the stats. I beleive Oakland got as many questionable calls as MJ and probably had more total penalty yards.

You wanted to beat Oakland. All you had to do was stop us and take the ball away, but you could not do it when it counted. Oakland doesn't score often, but they score slowly. I'm anxious to see the time of possesion stat. My estimation is that Oakland held the ball for about 2/3rds of the 2nd half.

Having said that MJ has some great skill players. Are the QB and receivers seniors?

Hey prez, we did have it 14+ minutes on just 2 drives, so your 2/3rds might be generous to MJ.

So, you guys are admitting you can't defend the pass. Let's not forget #5 getting some nice little runs on you (50 yards on one) and a few others. Earnhart had some nice runs too. That PF as you call it (on that 50 yard run), anytime runningback steps out of bounds and begins to slow down--then wack--ITS A PENALITY Idiots. It has been called on us a few times. You guys being THIRD and us being SECOND (all overtime loses) doesn't matter a bit. Even if we placed second in the quad, we would have faced yall. That is what the TSSAA wanted (money maker). You have a good team, but your not among the greats. Sorry to bust your bubble fella's. :twisted:

So, you guys are admitting you can't defend the pass. Let's not forget #5 getting some nice little runs on you (50 yards on one) and a few others. Earnhart had some nice runs too. That PF as you call it (on that 50 yard run), anytime runningback steps out of bounds and begins to slow down--then wack--ITS A PENALITY Idiots. It has been called on us a few times. You guys being THIRD and us being SECOND (all overtime loses) doesn't matter a bit. Even if we placed second in the quad, we would have faced yall. That is what the TSSAA wanted (money maker). You have a good team, but your not among the greats. Sorry to bust your bubble fella's. :roflol:

IDIOTS?!? HA, you think he slowed down? After running 15-20 more yards after he was out of bounds? He didn't slow down because he didn't know he stepped out either because there was NO WHISTLE to stop the play. If there had been a whistle he wouldn't have been tackled and he would have stopped running. It was more like a 20 yard run (you ran the FG back to mid field, then the run + 15 yars put the ball on about the 15 or 20). The penalty yards don't get added on to his run. Had it been a 50 yard run, he would have been in the endzone, and no dropped passes to whine about this morning :roflolk:

362 total yards to 251. 148 MJ passing yards 107 of the 148 came on 3 passes. Remember 4 or 5 of those 10 MJ completions were with 1 minute left in the 1st half and OHS letting MJ catch passes in front of them...Anyone want to guess how many possessions the MJ offense had in the 2nd half?

Main thing though is Oakland will be playing next Friday night while y'all will be turning in the equipment Monday.

Win with class and LOSE with class as I am sure YOUR coach will tell you. dry.gif

I would say this sums it up pretty well. You keep preaching about how Oakland is not among the elite, well then I guess MJ is not either. If you had beaten Beech like you should have then we would not be having this conversation anyway.

So, you guys are admitting you can't defend the pass. Let's not forget #5 getting some nice little runs on you (50 yards on one) and a few others. Earnhart had some nice runs too. That PF as you call it (on that 50 yard run), anytime runningback steps out of bounds and begins to slow down--then wack--ITS A PENALITY Idiots. It has been called on us a few times. You guys being THIRD and us being SECOND (all overtime loses) doesn't matter a bit. Even if we placed second in the quad, we would have faced yall. That is what the TSSAA wanted (money maker). You have a good team, but your not among the greats. Sorry to bust your bubble fella's. :roflolk:

You still lost dipstick. Go get ready for baseball. You could tell MJ is not used to playing football in Nov. they run out of hot chocolate at halftime.