Forrest Hosts Marion Co.

LovethoseRockets

I think you may be underestimating Forrest a wee bit.....

Like I said earlier, Kevin, getting drilled by Cascade caused them to lose credibility outside of our District. Much the same way Cascade loss credibility after their trip to the Valley. Should be to both our advantages to be widely recognized as the underdogs. Takes the pressure off the kids when no one expects them to win AND they feel they have something to prove. Forrest hasn't won a playoff game in several years, so people should be picking a more seasoned MC team to win this one.

Nice try cascade 11.............We all know marion is the underdog here. Forrest is ranked 8th in the state, they are 9-1, playing at home, higher seed. We are a pathetic 6-4 and have only been out of the first round of the playoffs two years out of the last fourteen. Woe is us, Forrest probably doesn't even have to practice this week, maybe they should treat it like a bye week :thumb: Looks like on the 2A pickem that not many are picking the Warriors either, so maybe forrest is the heavy favorite, heck, we may not even score on them. Mercy rule by the Rockets!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may be underestimating Forrest a wee bit.....

Like I said earlier, Kevin, getting drilled by Cascade caused them to lose credibility outside of our District. Much the same way Cascade loss credibility after their trip to the Valley. Should be to both our advantages to be widely recognized as the underdogs. Takes the pressure off the kids when no one expects them to win AND they feel they have something to prove. Forrest hasn't won a playoff game in several years, so people should be picking a more seasoned MC team to win this one.

Nice try cascade 11.............We all know marion is the underdog here. Forrest is ranked 8th in the state, they are 9-1, playing at home, higher seed. We are a pathetic 6-4 and have only been out of the first round of the playoffs two years out of the last fourteen. Woe is us, Forrest probably doesn't even have to practice this week, maybe they should treat it like a bye week :thumb: Looks like on the 2A pickem that not many are picking the Warriors either, so maybe forrest is the heavy favorite, heck, we may not even score on them. Mercy rule by the Rockets!!!!!!!!!! :geek:

And yet you are still underestimating Forrest..... :thumb:

Should be a good game whoever wins. Don't know anything about the Rocket's but have read there pretty good. MC is getting back to being the healthiest they've been since the beginning of the season. Both teams better not take the other one lightly or they will be getting ready for basketball come Monday..

This will be Chapel Hill's toughest test yet. I don't think they played well against Cascade and I wouldn't judge anything about this game on that. I do think though that Marion County is much better than their record and will have the strength of schedule in their favor. I haven't seen Marion County play since the Pumpy Tudors days and that was at Lewisburg. But CH will be tough and at home and home field just might be enough. Should be a great game. Hope all goes injury free for both. :thumb:

And yet you are still underestimating Forrest..... :roflol:

Not underestimating you.. just don't see where ya'll are getting these inflated egos.. I guess 9-1 record with a #8 state ranking will do that... It's never a good idea to look at schedules to determine outcome of games, but in some cases, such as this, there is simply no other means to compare teams. Forrest is 9-1 with a schedule that has 2 teams above .500. Forrest's opponents were all Class A and combined for a 37-61 record. Marion's schedule has 6 teams above .500. Marion's opponents included Class A, Class AA and Class AAA teams with a combined record of 59 - 41... I can't see where Forrest has been tested in the way that Marion has.. Even if they had a "bad" game against Cascade, on paper they still haven't beaten anyone or proven anything... Aside from Cascade, name me anyone on Forrest's schedule that can match up with South Pitt (most likey 1A Champion), Boyd Buc (Serious contender for 2A Champion), Signal Mtn (Potential 2A Championship contended if it wasn't for Boyd being in their way) and Bledsoe Co (Hosting Class 3A playoff game this week)... It's easy to be 9-1 if your schedule is soft...

Marion has a lot of work to do to win this game but like I said before... if we hold onto the ball and don't give Forrest a short field all night long, we win this game by 21 or more... :thumb:

As far as passing this thread along, believe me, there are several parents who read this, but do not post. I'm not worried about that. Let Jasper think what they may. Coffeebreak, we'll be glad to have you. I think C-11 is planning to attend. I'll be there EARLY!

GO ROCKETS!!!

:thumb: Gotta love them Forrest folkes. Least ways theys knows the Jasper warriors is proper for most folkes. :thumb: OP has heard a rumor of a black jersey coming for the warriors? Hum.....go figure. :roflol:

Forrest plays FOOTBALL. Four quarters, offense, defense, we can punt and have a good kicker. Our colors are royal blue and white. Our fans love our team. Our announcer is not a cheerleader on the microphone. We try to be kind to our guests, but don't come in with a bad attitude. Be nice to us, we'll be nice to you. We have a great concession stand, and nice bathrooms. We welcome all MC fans to "The Rock". As far as being quiet, I try not to talk too much smack. Please don't push it. Hope you enjoy the drive to Chapel Hill. It's a great place to raise your kids. I kjnow somebody told about the Mexican restaurant and Sonic, but we also have a great place called "Red's'' that's beside Sonic, and a Subway that is beside the Shell station as you're going out of town on the left, driving toward Sonic. Henry Horton State Park has a nice restaurant and Inn about 2 miles south of town. They also have shelters and picnic tables. Great golf course if you want to come early and play a few holes. Hope the info is helpful.

GO ROCKETS!!

Thanks Nan, Myself and the board work hard to have a great concession stand. I would like to know if MC will bring a crowd? I know that the hometown crowd will be large. :roflol:

I heard someone from MC called and asked Dr. Miller if we could seat 1200-1500 on the visitors side. We'll have several more than that on the home side. BTW-the apples and caramel dip is a great idea. :thumb:

As far as passing this thread along, believe me, there are several parents who read this, but do not post. I'm not worried about that. Let Jasper think what they may. Coffeebreak, we'll be glad to have you. I think C-11 is planning to attend. I'll be there EARLY!

GO ROCKETS!!!

:thumb: Gotta love them Forrest folkes. Least ways theys knows the Jasper warriors is proper for most folkes. :thumb: OP has heard a rumor of a black jersey coming for the warriors? Hum.....go figure. :roflol:

Not so fast OP, he reverted back to calling them MC. The Forrest folks don't understand that the true way to dominate the purple hazed people is to understand that they are really Jasper. Calling them M.C. gives them some sort of mystic. There is nothing mystical in Jasper except maybe how many times the court house has burned or something.

What kind of MANURE is this? Forrest is hosting a playoff game and the junior high is playing a basketball game on the same night? This is a bunch of MANURE. I guess it shows how dedicated they are too the football team. This basketball game should be rescheduled so everyone can come out and support their football team. If it's not rescheduled then it is A BIG LOAD OF MANURE!

I saw the SP/MC game. SP was still working out the kinks in the offense. Plus it's a big time rivalry game, and you can just throw out the records when those two hook up. I wasn't impressed at all with MC, but it was just one game. They do have some players, and could be a little dangerous if they get on a run like last year. They have played a tougher schedule than Forrest, imo. I know nothing about Forrest, other than what can be read on here. Sounds like it should be a good one! Best of luck to both teams. :lol:

Its funny how SP was working out the kinks and they scored 41 the week before and 57 the week after. Has the SP people brainwashed you also :lol: . The Defense was good that night, can't take that away from them. They knew everything SP was going to run all night, but that was a long time ago.

Did you guys trade Signal Mtn and SP film with Forrest? :roflol:

Why wouldn't we give them the film of the SP game? We dominated the best offense in 1A... 127 total yards, what do you say to that RLH? It was a loss, but one that could have gone either way....

I saw the SP/MC game. SP was still working out the kinks in the offense. Plus it's a big time rivalry game, and you can just throw out the records when those two hook up. I wasn't impressed at all with MC, but it was just one game. They do have some players, and could be a little dangerous if they get on a run like last year. They have played a tougher schedule than Forrest, imo. I know nothing about Forrest, other than what can be read on here. Sounds like it should be a good one! Best of luck to both teams. :lol:

Its funny how SP was working out the kinks and they scored 41 the week before and 57 the week after. Has the SP people brainwashed you also :lol: . The Defense was good that night, can't take that away from them. They knew everything SP was going to run all night, but that was a long time ago.

Did you guys trade Signal Mtn and SP film with Forrest? :roflol:

Why wouldn't we give them the film of the SP game? We dominated the best offense in 1A... 127 total yards, what do you say to that RLH? It was a loss, but one that could have gone either way....

:o Old Pirate has been a bit worried about you, BigJ. Didn't take long to see yous still got them rose colored glasses. :o Least ways OP hopes them youngons in purple can find a groove here late.