Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At home, which we have not been there in 3 weeks, with the loudest crowd you have seen. Don't take them lightly or you will find yourself lying on your back in the fetal position crying as you drive back to Knoxville.

The Maryville/Farragut game was a pretty loud game... It's kinda hard to compare though.

I cant believe TSSAA put this game in the First round...this game will be nuts...I have to pull for Farragut cause im from Clinton but Ooltewah has always had a great program and I wish both teams luck my pick......FHS-24 Ooltewah-21

I agree that this will be a good game and that FHS will win..I personally think the margin will be greater. However, I keep reading on this thread that TSSAA messed up or that there is something wrong with the new system. I do agree that when a 1-9 team makes the playoffs that something is wrong. As far as this match up...TSSAA is not to blame. Both teams were in the driver's seat and didn't take care of business during the season. It will make one of their playoffs short and will no doubt help Maryville's chances of getting through the quad. One week at a time!

This game will not even be close. Farragut will be up by four or five Tds at half. Farragut will have the Freshman team on the field in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I don't know how the owls think they even have a chance in this one. Farragut is bigger, stronger, and just plain better. I know that DE Smith supposedly all world, but I just do not buy it. He takes plays off and doesn't go full speed every play. I was at both of last years games and that Will Jackson kid DOMINATED him. I just dont think he's as good as advertised. He's in for a big surprise when he gets in ole Monte Kiffin's system and he running scout team behind Chris Walker, Ben Martin, Willie Bohannon, Rae Sykes, Steven Fowlkes, Gerald Williams, and Big Jon Morrison. Never gonna see the field. Sorry, for that little tangent, back to the game. Gonna be a blow out, not even gonna be a game after halftime.

I definately need to put my boots on, b.c the STUFF (nice way of putting it) is getting deep in here. I think I remember your poor QB laying on his back more than a couple of times last year and Jacquez was the one who put him there. If he not such a good player then why don't you suit up and go against him on the line. There is no way Farrgut will be up by 3 or 4 TDs, this game will close until the end. I am not going to predict a score. But the Owls have something to prove not only to everyone else but to themselves. They are an excellent football team and I think you see them mesh this week like no other week before. At home, which we have not been there in 3 weeks, with the loudest crowd you have seen. Don't take them lightly or you will find yourself lying on your back in the fetal position crying as you drive back to Knoxville.

Smith is overated, he runs himself out of plays. Lokks like he is lost at times.

This game will not even be close. Farragut will be up by four or five Tds at half. Farragut will have the Freshman team on the field in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I don't know how the owls think they even have a chance in this one. Farragut is bigger, stronger, and just plain better. I know that DE Smith supposedly all world, but I just do not buy it. He takes plays off and doesn't go full speed every play. I was at both of last years games and that Will Jackson kid DOMINATED him. I just dont think he's as good as advertised. He's in for a big surprise when he gets in ole Monte Kiffin's system and he running scout team behind Chris Walker, Ben Martin, Willie Bohannon, Rae Sykes, Steven Fowlkes, Gerald Williams, and Big Jon Morrison. Never gonna see the field. Sorry, for that little tangent, back to the game. Gonna be a blow out, not even gonna be a game after halftime.

Will Smith was wearing roller skates at those games last year. He got owned. After that 1st game, Georgia Tech's staff offered J Smith a scholarship. I would have to after a D end just whipped my "STAR" recruit. The Farragut tackle still hasn't blocked J Smith and it is a year later.

I definately need to put my boots on, b.c the STUFF (nice way of putting it) is getting deep in here. I think I remember your poor QB laying on his back more than a couple of times last year and Jacquez was the one who put him there. If he not such a good player then why don't you suit up and go against him on the line. There is no way Farrgut will be up by 3 or 4 TDs, this game will close until the end. I am not going to predict a score. But the Owls have something to prove not only to everyone else but to themselves. They are an excellent football team and I think you see them mesh this week like no other week before. At home, which we have not been there in 3 weeks, with the loudest crowd you have seen. Don't take them lightly or you will find yourself lying on your back in the fetal position crying as you drive back to Knoxville.

Smith is overated, he runs himself out of plays. Lokks like he is lost at times.

OVERRATED my butt.................he s playing at a diffrent level (hint) D-1 level!!!!! He s never lost he s just that much faster than everybody and he does overrun some but he ll be fine when he s at the next level, should be right on pace with the BIG BOYS on Knoxville.

i dont know what admiraldude has been drinkin lately. he's given these unreal, sarcastic predictions of games the last few weeks that were somewhat comical. now i dont know what they are. but to be honest about last year's two matchups, its true that ooltewah's defense harrassed farragut in both those games, but they didn't have 6-7 sacks like someone said but they did pressure them all night. jacques smith is a GREAT player and so is will jackson but they weren't even lined up across from each other in that first game. jackson played left guard like he did all year. in the playoff game, jackson moved from guard to tackle to compensate and even played on the d-line for the first time. when the two lined up against one another it was pretty even throughout and in the end jackson commented to the paper how good of a player jacques was. the difference in the two games last year was that ooltewah's offense was able to execute in the first game and farragut could never respond. this week i expect a great game between these two great teams. both teams have a tremendous amount of respect for one another and it's just a shame that they meet in the first round.

farruguts qb was sacked 6 or 7 times last year.31-3 last years score. you have alot more than jacques to worry about the d-line will stop you in your tracks.

Farragut also only lost 14-7.. in the playoffs last year.. You Ooltewah people are completely forgetting about the 2nd game.. As if the 1st game was the only one that took place last year. I mean I understand it helps "prove" your point, but come on. There were 2 games between the teams last year. Mention both, not just the one. Heck stat wise Farragut played better in the 31-3 loss than they did in the 14-7 loss.