Alcoa host Tyner - 1st round play-off game

BCsportsfan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it matters. I am sure the Tyner fans would like to know more about Alcoa as well as we would like to know more about Tyner. This is not a game prediction, just an invitation to chat about our respective teams and a chance to discuss our respective strengths and weaknesses.

I think Alcoa has a great team and a real chance to win another state championship and I think that the Tyner fans and families look forward a state championship opportunity also. Looking forward to discussing the game with the Tyner loyal and seeing this team play here in Blount County.

I think tyner got screwed with drawing alcoa first round..... i am not a tyner fan at all ..... but they finshed 2nd in a district full of 4a teams ...and there only district loss was to a number 1 rank red bank team.....this is horrible..... they are the only 6th seed not playing a 3 seed ....tssaa z plan sucks

Looking at the brackets, it looks like they didn't do us in favors. Tyner is a lot tougher opening round opponent than any the last 5 years. Then we have CAK probably in the second round. If this bracket breaks down like I think its going to, it will be a tough road to the championship game. BCSF I doubt Tyner will be near as good as the 06 team but a very dangerous opening match-up.

I think tyner got screwed with drawing alcoa first round..... i am not a tyner fan at all ..... but they finshed 2nd in a district full of 4a teams ...and there only district loss was to a number 1 rank red bank team.....this is horrible..... they are the only 6th seed not playing a 3 seed ....tssaa z plan sucks

No, the only 6th seed playing a 3 seed is Lewis County. I still don't understand how a team who is 3-7 not only gets a playoff berth, but doesn't have an 8th seed.

Harpeth (#6) against #5 Pearl Cohn, Cumberland Gap (#6) against Elizabethton (#1), and Tyner (#6) against Alcoa (#1).

Oooh, my tummy grumbled. :roflolk:

Don't let that record fool you. Tyner is actually really competitive. Their big losses came early in the season, and they lost at home to baylor (somehow) 41-0, and after a sloppy 47-35 win at hixson, the ram train started moving. It slowed down after a one-point loss to McCallie, and picked up lost speed and then slowed down just a bit after a very close loss to Red Bank at home. Ever since then, the Ram Train has been rollin', rollin', rollin'. They smothered Howard for the 25th-ish year in a row. They beat a tough Brainerd team on the road.

But now the Ram Train is travelling to the uncharted lands of Blount County? Unless you're playing Heritage or William Blount, you're going to face all kinds of obstacles on your train tracks.

But your train just may have what it takes to push the obstacles out of the way.

Don't count on it though.

Alcoa 35, Tyner 7

At 9-1, being seeded 4th, us CAK posters feel your pain :flower: Not much to do, but buckle 'em up and go play ball.