1A football - top 3 teams and why

flip96

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ezell-defending champs need i say more

2. USJ-always tough, injuries may keep them from winning a state title;however, they are 4-0 with 3 wins over teams that have been picked somewhere or other in the top 3 in this thread(CPA-won 20-10,Bruceton-won 21-20,Fayette Academy-won 12-0)the only other win against Perry County in which USJ scored 51.......in the first half.

3. Cloudland-will make it to championship game because of brackets

Guest AirStrike

G-ville is also being overlook. According to last years 1A souvenir program they have 15 to 16 Seniors that seen a lot of time on the field. Plus, they were the team that put Boyd Buchanan out last year. Yes, they have lost one this year, But it was to one of the top 3a teams in the state. And that game wasn"t over until the horn sounded. G-ville is now 3-1 without the presents of their best back, who rushed for around 1600 yds.last year. When he returns in full force, LOOK OUT for the Tigers. ;):D:rolleyes:

Posted by scout15:

I've never even heard of greenback but i know that boyd is better than them!

Great assessment, there. :rolleyes:

Austin James has close to 1000 yards passing in four games, and most of that has come in only the first half of ballgames. Most of that can be creditied to a great offensive line and a talented group of receivers. Greenback is on par with plenty of great teams in both the east and western regions.

--Kemple

Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by scout15:

Great assessment, there. :rolleyes:

Austin James has close to 1000 yards passing in four games, and most of that has come in only the first half of ballgames. Most of that can be creditied to a great offensive line and a talented group of receivers. Greenback is on par with plenty of great teams in both the east and western regions.

Not to be negative but 90% of the teams in east TN are sorry there are only 3 to 4 decent teams. There are 3 to 4 decent teams in Nashville in 1A.

--Kemple

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by scout15:

Great assessment, there. :D

Not to be negative but 90% of the teams in east TN are sorry there are only 3 to 4 decent teams. There are 3 to 4 decent teams in Nashville in 1A.

--Kemple

No. Bruceton, USJ, Ezell, Collinwood, and CPA would be best to represent the western half of the bracket, whilst Gordonsville, Greenback, Cloudland, South Pitt, and Boyd would represent the east side. And if you think a team like DCA is "decent" (I'm drawing from the 3/4 Nashville teams you speak of), then a team like South Pitt must be excellent (not decent). Newsflash: THE EAST ISN'T BAD.

--Kemple

Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by scout15:

--Kemple

No. Bruceton, USJ, Ezell, Collinwood, and CPA would be best to represent the western half of the bracket, whilst Gordonsville, Greenback, Cloudland, South Pitt, and Boyd would represent the east side. And if you think a team like DCA is "decent" (I'm drawing from the 3/4 Nashville teams you speak of), then a team like South Pitt must be excellent (not decent). Newsflash: THE EAST ISN'T BAD.

--Kemple

What i was tryin to say is that the the west side with USJ, CPA, CollinWood, DCA, FRA, Ezell, Jo Byrns, etc teams are much better than the east. I eman look at the score from last years cxhampionship game. Cloudland was about the 4th or 5th best team in the state they just happen to be on the right side of the bracket. Collinwood USJ and Ezell where all better than them last year.

1. Ezell-Harding. They are number one until they are beaten. They have a great team again from what I hear.

2. Boyd-Buchanan. They are a sound offensive team with senior Will Healy as the signal caller. Great defensively, but will be put to the test when they face top-ranked Ezell in Nashville next Friday.

3. Cloudland. State runner up last year, has a big physical team from what I've heard. Will be a tough team to beat.

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by scout15:

--Kemple

--Kemple

What i was tryin to say is that the the west side with USJ, CPA, CollinWood, DCA, FRA, Ezell, Jo Byrns, etc teams are much better than the east. I eman look at the score from last years cxhampionship game. Cloudland was about the 4th or 5th best team in the state they just happen to be on the right side of the bracket. Collinwood USJ and Ezell where all better than them last year.

Um, I'm talking about this year. DCA, FRA, Jo Byrns, are NOT better than East teams. Simple. South Pitt, Cloudland, Greenback, Boyd, Gordonsville are on par with, if not better than Bruceton, USJ, Collinwood, CPA, and Ezell. Here I am with a straight face, by the way. You might take it as East TN ignorance, but I believe I'm right on the money here. If you think that East TN teams are as average as you make them out to be, you're in for a rude awakening. Who knows where the 1A championship will lie this year? But don't be surprised if it resides in the East.

--Kemple

Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by scout15:

--Kemple

--Kemple

Um, I'm talking about this year. DCA, FRA, Jo Byrns, are NOT better than East teams. Simple. South Pitt, Cloudland, Greenback, Boyd, Gordonsville are on par with, if not better than Bruceton, USJ, Collinwood, CPA, and Ezell. Here I am with a straight face, by the way. You might take it as East TN ignorance, but I believe I'm right on the money here. If you think that East TN teams are as average as you make them out to be, you're in for a rude awakening. Who knows where the 1A championship will lie this year? But don't be surprised if it resides in the East.

--Kemple

Well being a fan of Ezell and knowing what they are capable of you might just see them with a pair of GOLD balls. :rolleyes: We shall see this week when Boyd comes to town tho.

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by MakoRevised:
Posted by scout15:

--Kemple

--Kemple

--Kemple

Well being a fan of Ezell and knowing what they are capable of you might just see them with a pair of GOLD balls. :rolleyes: We shall see this week when Boyd comes to town tho.

True, true. We shall see.

--Kemple