1A football - top 3 teams and why

flip96

I think there are about 10 teams that are pretty even this season. I think the best private schools are not as dominate this year. My reasoning is this, usj is playing with pretty much a whole new team this year, they lost nearly all their starters and seem to be pretty even with the other good private schools. If they are as good and can reload this fast, I know they are in the wrong league. We will know more after the Ezell-BB game this week. Don't be surprised if BB beats Ezell, at least it will be a lot closer then last years game. From what I have seen so far this year South Pitt may be a little better then BB. I think that their will be five teams from the east that could compete real well with the best from the west. Their probably wasn't near as much difference last year as a lot of people think. It has a whole lot to do with the way teams match up against each other. I also wouldn't be surprised to see CPA representing the west. They were pretty banged up when they played USJ and Ezell, and the games were still real close. There is no use getting on here and braggin about how bad you are going to beat people, I guarantee your coaches don't say that. If you want to know the truth I'd say Scott Smith has a lot of respect for Cloudland, and I know good and well Cloudland has a lot of respect for at least 10 teams in the state, in no certain order, and would absolutely not take any of them lightly. That's when your fixing to get your butt kicked. Talking is what gets people beat a lot of times. Last year I thought Gordansville was a little better then South Pitt, and would probably beat them. However, Gordansville bragged all week about how they were too physical for them and how they were going to kill them. Don't look now, but South Pitt came to Cloudland. I don't know about you'll, but I don't get on here and tell the sorriest team that we're going to beat them. That's bad sportsmanship and shows a lack of class. People that have no more class then that don't deserve to win. I'm not referring to Gordansville specifically, that was just an example. If you're a lot better then another team, at least have the class to beat them with a little dignity. Those little teams are just boys like anybody else in the state of TN, and don't need to be criticized because their scholl isn't as sports oriented as others. I guess it's the kids who do all the bragging on here, but It is classless. GO LANDERS!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that i know i think that annoying to. ;) Boyd will have two games this week. One on Monday at 4:30 then they have to come to Nashville thats is terrible to hear i wished they would cancel the game and let them play their most important game of the season Friday in good health and well rested. they are high school kids so it might not be a problem but i still think the short week will mess up their routime.

I don't expect Boyd will need to leave their starters in for the entire game against Copper Basin so I think they will be reasonably well rested.

As the Ezell Boyd game is not a regional game, I would expect both coaches to hold a few things back just in case they actually do meet in the most important game of the season in the Boro in December.

Posted by Chakra20:

Sorry about that i know i think that annoying to. ;) Boyd will have two games this week. One on Monday at 4:30 then they have to come to Nashville thats is terrible to hear i wished they would cancel the game and let them play their most important game of the season Friday in good health and well rested. they are high school kids so it might not be a problem but i still think the short week will mess up their routime.

Crunchy or chunky whatever your name is you are so stupid, you must be on the team from memphis that was to scared to play collinwood last year i think that was Harding Academy.I hope you are on a team that we play this year in the playoffs or in the state.Oh wait you are probably from a team that hasn't won a game in like 10 years.Your also probably a guy that is about 400 pounds and sits on his computer all day looking at little girls.And then go to coacht and say stupid stuff about a good team.

Go trojans #3

The halftime score at BBS vs. Copper Basin was only 14-0. The Basin threw an old single wing direct snap at the Bucs and BBS had an awful timne trying to stop it. Joe Loudermilk ran very well out of that set. I do not anticipate a walk in the park for the Bucs in the second half. This half could be very interesting!

I do believe that this will affect the game Friday night in Antioch versus Ezell-Harding. There is no way that the loss of three days mental and physical preparation (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) will be beneficial to the Bucs. In reality the game on Friday night is only an exhibition. It is not a region game, though I am confident that both coaching staffs and teams will want to win the contest. As long as there is a playoff system, it ultimately doesn't matter until the postseason.

Posted by supersteve17:

The halftime score at BBS vs. Copper Basin was only 14-0. The Basin threw an old single wing direct snap at the Bucs and BBS had an awful timne trying to stop it. Joe Loudermilk ran very well out of that set. I do not anticipate a walk in the park for the Bucs in the second half. This half could be very interesting!

I do believe that this will affect the game Friday night in Antioch versus Ezell-Harding. There is no way that the loss of three days mental and physical preparation (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) will be beneficial to the Bucs. In reality the game on Friday night is only an exhibition. It is not a region game, though I am confident that both coaching staffs and teams will want to win the contest. As long as there is a playoff system, it ultimately doesn't matter until the postseason.

Well it does to Eell, and im sure it will to Boyd as well. Ezell has just won its 22nd game in a row even tho the Tennessean says its was 19 they just had that cause the year before last they won their last 3 games of the season. SO they dont wanna lose and ruin that i know this is way early but if they were to win out again this year that would be 33 in a row and that is something to shoot for.

I think both of these taems will want this game very badly. The only way these teams could meet again would be in the state championship and it would be very premature to pencil either one of them at this point.I think there are four teams who have a good shot to beat Ezell,CPA,Bruceton,Collinwood and USJ.On the east side you have South Pitt,Gordonsville,Cloudlandand and Greenback who have very good teams and every one of these teams goals are to win the state.Shoud be a heck of a game but I would have to give the edge to Ezell because they have a few more weapons ,plus they are at home and losing is something they they don't know much about. Good luck to both teams.

Posted by 67CamaroGirl:

Boneal52

Big Keith graduated this past year. Cloudland has some lineman that have stepped up and done a good job but none will ever have the heart of Keith Buchanan.

[Edited by 67CamaroGirl on 9-23-02 12:33P]

That is a shame. I loved the picture though. He looks like one of John Madden's type of guys. And the picture of Ezell's Antoine Owens was just rediculous. That is atheletic if I've ever seen it.