1A football - top 3 teams and why

flip96

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by flip96:
Posted by RealGoEagles:

Ezell- defending champs, one of the fastest, most physical defenses in 1a, can score as many points as they need.

USJ- deserved the BCB over Cloudland last year, tough break in the brackets. Already proved they're for real with wins over alway tough CPA and Bruceton. Well coached.

Collinwood- didn't lost much from a team that ran into the eventual champs in the quarters. Ward and Victory are a great combo on offense and defense.

One a side note, how can Boyd's region possibly be the toughest in 1a? Explain that?

I didn't say that Boyd Buchanan's region is the toughest, I said some people say it is. I am niether a Boyd or Ezell fan, which I don't dislike them either, but they play on the 27th and it should be a great ball game. Whoever wins that game will be the overall best team in 1A as of mid-season. I think overall, Cloudland has the best chance to make it though the end. Granted they have a easier schedule than most, but they have to travel to Powell Valley who has speed, strength, and one of the better defense's in 1A. I know this from seeing them play Knox Central in camp. Knox Central is a top 5 4A team and Powell Valley only allowed 12 yards in a 15 play scrimmage.

Powell Valley has a little extra motivation for this year. They'd like to take a trophy to their new home in 2003. They will combine with Forge Ridge (who doesn't play football) to form Cumberland Gap and they will move from 1A to 2A. They have a terrific passing attack and should be no worse than 6-1 when they play Cloudland at Speedwell.

That is if Claiborne County can beat them next Thursday.

Oh yeah. CoachT, that game between Powell Valley and Claiborne County has been moved to September 26. I found that out when I interviewed Coach Harrison last night.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-19-02 10:51P]

Posted by CrunchyBlack36:
Posted by sportsguy1:

Ezell, Boyd, and Clouland.

Looking at who they have played and based on last year I think these are without question the 3 best teams right now. I would consider Collinwood, South Pittsburg, and USJ close behind.

I agree about collinwood, its those darn handmade protein shakes. I hear its a pregame ritual w/ the team to get together in a circle and make those things. Its made them a great team.

Thanks for this touch of class Crunchy. Its always good to see someone mess up a good post with a nice little ignorant remark like this one. Guess what? You're the only one laughing!!

T

Collinwood fans make the team a force to be reckoned with. The kids are well coached and have considerable talent, but the fans get an extra 10-15% effort out of them just with their solid support.

The road to the Boro will go thru Collinwood this year for the 5-1A teams and the fans will be a factor.

Posted by thelma:
Posted by CrunchyBlack36:
Posted by sportsguy1:

Ezell, Boyd, and Clouland.

Looking at who they have played and based on last year I think these are without question the 3 best teams right now. I would consider Collinwood, South Pittsburg, and USJ close behind.

I agree about collinwood, its those darn handmade protein shakes. I hear its a pregame ritual w/ the team to get together in a circle and make those things. Its made them a great team.

Thanks for this touch of class Crunchy. Its always good to see someone mess up a good post with a nice little ignorant remark like this one. Guess what? You're the only one laughing!!

T

Posted by OnlineLC:

Collinwood fans make the team a force to be reckoned with. The kids are well coached and have considerable talent, but the fans get an extra 10-15% effort out of them just with their solid support.

The road to the Boro will go thru Collinwood this year for the 5-1A teams and the fans will be a factor.

Hey Online and Bighurt,

Thanks for the support. Truly, the small town of Collinwood appreciates your support. It seems that our good friend crunchy has been taken off of the site. If the person responsible for that is reading this then Thank You!! Thanks for preserving the character of Coach-T.com. Good luck you you Online and Bighurt.

T