Springfield- Henry Co... Same District

Impartial

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the strength of 10AAA, and 5 teams in the 5A district making the playoffs this year. It creates a 1 vs 8 to play each other. I know that both teams are not complaining. Henry happy to be out of the west quad, and Springfield is going to be excited to be in to show that Kelly Myers put together a good staff with disciplined athletes. Congrats to both teams!

:roflolk: Springfield won't be happy long! HC has the TSSAA looking out for them. They will not be tested until the semi's! What a joke of a state playoff! There just aren't very many quality teams in the state in class 5. HC is head and shoulders better than there side of the bracket. The west is suppose to be descent, but most of them are only .500 as well! So enjoy this week, Springfield, while you can!! :roflol: It will all be over soon!!!! :roflol:

:roflolk: Springfield won't be happy long! HC has the TSSAA looking out for them. They will not be tested until the semi's! What a joke of a state playoff! There just aren't very many quality teams in the state in class 5. HC is head and shoulders better than there side of the bracket. The west is suppose to be descent, but most of them are only .500 as well! So enjoy this week, Springfield, while you can!! :roflol: It will all be over soon!!!! :roflol:

Why would the TSSAA "look out" for Henry County? Is it because they are in a town of less than 10,000? Come on man, you are ridiculous. HC lost to Clarksville, and I believe trailed Springfield, NE, and NW during the game. HC is not as good as they have been the last few years, but have a good team very capable of going deep in ANY bracket. Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Beech are all traditionally tough, and the HC/Clarksville area district is obviously tough (how many districts across the state placed SEVEN teams in the playoffs?).

Don't be sure about HC not being tested. Middle TN has ended our season the last 3 years. These Middle TN teams dont boast the 4.4 speed that Memphis does, but they are generally more disciplined and in some cases, better coached than teams in Memphis.

Aren't these two teams, who are matched up in round 1, both members of District 10- AAA?

Thought they couldn't meet in round 1.

I wondered the same thing but after reading the entire TSSAA football handbook (I am retired with little to do), it reads that IF five teams or more from a single district are in the same quadrant, then two teams in the same district can meet in round one.

How is the young man from the Patriots doing today? Heard it was a bad break!

Think Springfield has gotten better since the last meeting. Myers has them boys wanting more. Look what they did to West Creek last week. 500 yards of offense, and seems like they finally have the boys understanding what they want.

Congrats to coach Myers for his first playoff opportunity. Good job getting a staff together, and motivating those boys. Good things are coming in Springfield.