Cannon County vs. Harpeth

woodvegas

Survive and advance. Not many gave Harpeth a shot in this one outside of our district brethren. It was a good game. Harpeth lost containment on 2 swing passes that went for long touchdown runs. Honestly I thought CC put it in the air too much and I was puzzled why they didn't try to return any punts. For the second week in a row Harpeth turned the field over with their punting and had good field position most of the night.

It was an exciting game, back and forth with several big plays. Nice atmosphere. Long bus ride. Better than playing the same ole, same ole though. Congrats on a good season Cannon Co. I was impressed with your team speed and physical defense.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Season Cannon County, District champs and a good effort in the playoff game..

As for you Antman, haven't heard much from you this week, as expected you show up when it's over. The Cannon County kids played hard. 7 turnovers and a kick off return called back, pretty much tells the tale of this game, don't know any Smith County Team who could have that many and keep it close...Good Luck next week against Harpath... ...but in the end it is a loss,CC represented the district well with excellent sportsmanship...

See ya next year.....

You didn't hear from me...because unlike you...I don't get on your threads and run my fingers. The playoffs are a different animal. Sounds like this game went like our game with you. You have to take care of the ball in playoff games. If you don't...you get beat.

You have to take care of the ball in any game. It doesn't matter is its a preseason scrimmage or a playoff game. If you turn the ball over that many times you can't expect to win. I think everyone knows that.

SC is fully aware that beating the Owls is the super bowl CC. Now go lace up those high tops and SC will try to advance a little farther. After all, the way you and dexter look at it, if you can't go all the way, might as well not advance. 1 game over .500 is a start for the Lions. Let's see if there is more to come. SC sits at

8-3 and looking to make it 9.

THE EASY PART IS OVER!!!!!!!!! Everything fell in place and the Lions played very well the last half of the season....Now the hard part starts!!!!! Not fimiliar with Harpeth but if you get by them the next round you will know who your playing. So to the players, listen to your coaches and keep hitting hard and eliminate mistakes....play error free ball and you will be fine....

GOOD LUCK LIONS THE TOWN AND THE PEOPLE ARE BEHIND YOU....HELP EM..EVERYBODY!!!!

WE BELIEVE IN YOU

If you had read my earlier post (top of the 2nd page of this thread) you would have seen the statement play error free ball and you will be fine Cannon County lost no excuses here, didn't blame anyone but ourselves....unlike antman and how he blames weather, refs, the position of the moon or what ever else happens during the game "idiot blowing whistle i belive is what most blame the game at TECH on". Cannon played well and represented the district well...just wasn't the kids night

Last thing Antwan...these Cannon Players can and always will remember the whipping they put on Smith County at TECH....Priceless as they say....Our Season won't last as long as Smith's but Our fans enjoyed a great season and look forward to next year...As your favorite president OBAMA says Change is needed and I believe this season is the beginning......Good Luck to Smith county and there fans except for Termite and Antwan!!!

Just where have I blamed the refs or the weather? If you are referring to the MO game...heck...how do you think they won? You have no clue who said what. Really...it matters not. You are sitting at home...again...and SC is still playing. Enjoy your regular season win...we play for the playoffs. You will always refer to the "wonder year" just like Macon... :lol: I think your trip to the 1st round is about equivalent to their's to the semis. :lol:

Dang patriotspy. Where was this scouting report before the game? Would have been better than the Wheaties bit....

If there was no punt block on and there was no punt return on, what was on?

#6 has been double teamed all the way to #2 in touchdown receptions and receiving yardage in the TSSAA books without speed or a qb apparently since he was a sophomore. How does he do it? He caught one TD in this game. 88 and 5 caught the others and 3 different passers threw TD's.

Harpeth won this game with a semblance of a kicking game. 6 points and good field position while Cannon never kicked the ball past Harpeth's 30 and didn't get any kicking points.

Come on Patriosspy....give me a break. District 8AA down there with Murphy Fair in Cannon County, and you tell me you never heard of #6 from Harpeth. You obviously heard of Smith County's QB? They were in the same list for Class 3A......Murph's Preseason Class 3A preseason All State team...... and yes #6 from Harpeth in on his list!!!! He had his yards and TDs in his soph and junior years.......difference is now, his teammates have come of age!!! Look at # 22 for Harpeth, or #5, or # 15, or #10, # 32, or #13, or #36, or #12. or..........the list goes on and on. These guys are making plays. It aint't the #6 show anymore at Harpeth......his besties are doing what they are doing and the team is having success. Smith can worry about #6 if they want to......or #22......Fact is, they better worry about the rest of these guys cause that's where the big difference for Harpeth is the second half of the season!!! Any team shallow enough to think there are 1 or 2 guys making Harpeth successfull needs to think again!!! Yeah #6 has had his great games.............but he is applauding his teammates cause they have "come of age" and the Indians are winning games because of them. Yes, 2 catches for 33 yards and 1 TD against Cannon for #6.....I have pics of a big grin on his face after the game with those numbers. He welcomes the attention and so do his teammates. Somebody needs to watch some Harpeth tape of their last six games and thats all I can say! Harpeth is truly a TEAM who is winning games together.......not a one or two man band like they were the past year or two!! Oh.....and Harpeth has some offensive sets that NOBODY has seen and they work too.....they just haven't had to use them!!! Harpeth will be ready to play Smith.........just ask HowDoItKnow and he will tell you.

Come on Patriosspy....give me a break. District 8AA down there with Murphy Fair in Cannon County, and you tell me you never heard of #6 from Harpeth. You obviously heard of Smith County's QB? They were in the same list for Class 3A......Murph's Preseason Class 3A preseason All State team...... and yes #6 from Harpeth in on his list!!!! He had his yards and TDs in his soph and junior years.......difference is now, his teammates have come of age!!! Look at # 22 for Harpeth, or #5, or # 15, or #10, # 32, or #13, or #36, or #12. or..........the list goes on and on. These guys are making plays. It aint't the #6 show anymore at Harpeth......his besties are doing what they are doing and the team is having success. Smith can worry about #6 if they want to......or #22......Fact is, they better worry about the rest of these guys cause that's where the big difference for Harpeth is the second half of the season!!! Any team shallow enough to think there are 1 or 2 guys making Harpeth successfull needs to think again!!! Yeah #6 has had his great games.............but he is applauding his teammates cause they have "come of age" and the Indians are winning games because of them. Yes, 2 catches for 33 yards and 1 TD against Cannon for #6.....I have pics of a big grin on his face after the game with those numbers. He welcomes the attention and so do his teammates. Somebody needs to watch some Harpeth tape of their last six games and thats all I can say! Harpeth is truly a TEAM who is winning games together.......not a one or two man band like they were the past year or two!! Oh.....and Harpeth has some offensive sets that NOBODY has seen and they work too.....they just haven't had to use them!!! Harpeth will be ready to play Smith.........just ask HowDoItKnow and he will tell you.

You are right...SC is small but slow. How can SC possibly match up with Harpeth? Harpeth beat Cannon Co. 29-20...and SC lost to CC 32-10. By the CPA4ever matchup formula...it should be no contest. :?:

You are right...SC is small but slow. How can SC possibly match up with Harpeth? Harpeth beat Cannon Co. 29-20...and SC lost to CC 32-10. By the CPA4ever matchup formula...it should be no contest. :?:

Don't let Antwan fool you, he has been playing the small but slow card for quite sometime now. Surely they know better than to believe that.

You are right...SC is small but slow. How can SC possibly match up with Harpeth? Harpeth beat Cannon Co. 29-20...and SC lost to CC 32-10. By the CPA4ever matchup formula...it should be no contest. :thumb:

I've been reading your posts for years Antwan. You've got better reading comprehension skills than that.

Outofbounds is questioning the stop #6 and you've got 'em sort of mentality that a lot of teams have had when defensing Harpeth. Nobody's dissing Smith County. You guys aren't mailing Wheaties' boxes to your players are you? Don't make controversy where there's not any where Harpeth and Smith Co. are concerned. Harpeth has the utmost respect for SC and their tradition. We're just enjoying our ride.

You are right...SC is small but slow. How can SC possibly match up with Harpeth? Harpeth beat Cannon Co. 29-20...and SC lost to CC 32-10. By the CPA4ever matchup formula...it should be no contest. :thumb:

I've been reading your posts for years Antwan. You've got better reading comprehension skills than that.

Outofbounds is questioning the stop #6 and you've got 'em sort of mentality that a lot of teams have had when defensing Harpeth. Nobody's dissing Smith County. You guys aren't mailing Wheaties' boxes to your players are you? Don't make controversy where there's not any where Harpeth and Smith Co. are concerned. Harpeth has the utmost respect for SC and their tradition. We're just enjoying our ride.

Hey...he's not the only one tooting Harpeth's horn...heck...I am too. Harpeth should be a big favorite. Look at the comparative score with Cannon. Look at all of those great players he listed. Not to mention all of those offensive sets NOBODY has seen. Our guys have only seen one or two sets at the most. I do appreciate him telling us they have them...though...He's convinced me. I'm thinking of staying at home and listening on the radio. I am in a state of deep depression now. :thumb: Mama...get the shotgun...don't load it quite yet. :thumb:

As long as you don't tell me Lucky Joe Conatser is pulling for you...I might be okay.