Playoff Game 1: Blackman vs McGavock @ The Inferno

StorkMontgomery

i'll nearly bet my wife and kids on this one...BLACKMAN WINS AND PROBABLY BIG!

PBD :thumb:

I am glad you said nearly...you might be sleeping on the couch tonight! :thumb:

i'm taking back the part about my wife and kids...

i just saw where McGavock only lost to Mt. Juliet 21 to 20...

this is a dang pretty good team...seems like?

the blaze boys better show up...

Go Blaze!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one might be a little bit closer than everybody might think... I havent seem McGavock, but looking @ thier stats I was pretty impressed. Blackman will have to be sharp and ready to play, that might be a little more challenging after last week. I say this thing is close for about 3 qtrs, and the Blaze pulls away in the 4th... Just give the ball to #4 and you will be fine! :thumb:

BHS 31

MHS 13

Mcgavock is going to suprise ya'll...

Blackman better come prepared or they will be in for a rude awakening..

I look for this one to be a close game..

Blackman will prevail because mcgavock has problems finishing..

Blackman should win this one. However, if they are looking ahead it might just be the one that bites them in the behind. Blackman should not overlook this team. They have a good defense and take chances on offense.

I agree, being confident is one thing, being cocky is something that will cost you a "W" and then where would we be? At home...... Everyone from Blackman that knows me knows I'm up there in the stands hollaring and screaming with the best of them, but I also know that going into a game thinking you are going to just kill the other team isn't the best approach.... I don't plan by any means to get bored in the stands Friday night.... Good luck Blackman, stay focused and remember upsets happen all the time!

Blackman 42

McGavock 10

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mcgavock is going to suprise ya'll...

Blackman better come prepared or they will be in for a rude awakening..

I look for this one to be a close game..

Blackman will prevail because mcgavock has problems finishing..

Blackman should win this one. However, if they are looking ahead it might just be the one that bites them in the behind. Blackman should not overlook this team. They have a good defense and take chances on offense.

I agree, being confident is one thing, being cocky is something that will cost you a "W" and then where would we be? At home...... Everyone from Blackman that knows me knows I'm up there in the stands hollaring and screaming with the best of them, but I also know that going into a game thinking you are going to just kill the other team isn't the best approach.... I don't plan by any means to get bored in the stands Friday night.... Good luck Blackman, stay focused and remember upsets happen all the time!

Blackman 42

McGavock 10

GO BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to be we have the possibility of seeing another good game. Not to disrespect anyone or anything like that but lets look how prepared we have been for these other teams outside of our district. I truly believe that Coach Shad and Stff will have these boys primed up and ready to perform. I also look back to when these young men were but mere boys and pulled together as Freshman and won the Lion's Bowl. I truly believe these young men are out to make a statement to evryone and prove they deserve respect from everyone in District and State. One of the things my boys say all the time week after week is that they are 0-0 looking for that first win, seems to be working real well so far. Blackman with the win 38-7.

..........WE ARE BLACKMAN..........

I dont nessicarilly (sp?) think that being cocky is a bad thing. Blackman has a right to be a little bit cocky becasue of the regular season preformance. They have had reasons all through out the year to be cocky but pulled it together to play some not-so-good teams and got the win pretty easily. I dont think that they will overlook this McGavok team. Yeah they will be cocky because heck, they are good, but they wont overlook a team. Going into the playoffs everybody is 0-0 and anything can happen. But having a little swagger to their game is what is helping them. When Wells was there, nobody really cared becasue he didnt care. Wells had no emotion but pissed off. And the player would get down and it would be game over. So yeah, they are cocky and have a right to be and it maybe a good thing, but no they wont look over McGavok. But I personally dont think that a metro team can stand up to Blackman. They just dont play the level of talent that Blackman plays. Should be a good game to but Blackman will come away with the victory. Blackman 35-13

I dont nessicarilly (sp?) think that being cocky is a bad thing. Blackman has a right to be a little bit cocky becasue of the regular season preformance. They have had reasons all through out the year to be cocky but pulled it together to play some not-so-good teams and got the win pretty easily. I dont think that they will overlook this McGavok team. Yeah they will be cocky because heck, they are good, but they wont overlook a team. Going into the playoffs everybody is 0-0 and anything can happen. But having a little swagger to their game is what is helping them. When Wells was there, nobody really cared becasue he didnt care. Wells had no emotion but pissed off. And the player would get down and it would be game over. So yeah, they are cocky and have a right to be and it maybe a good thing, but no they wont look over McGavok. But I personally dont think that a metro team can stand up to Blackman. They just dont play the level of talent that Blackman plays. Should be a good game to but Blackman will come away with the victory. Blackman 35-13

i personally take offense at your statement "when wells was there, nobody really cared because he did not care"...both are not true! my son cared and most of the boys on the team cared and well's cared for sure. maybe you did not like him as a coach, fine...maybe you did not like him as a person...your choice...maybe you did like his offense or defense...great...but to say a man does not care and the boys did not care is way beyond the purpose for this forum and most importantly...it is not true...i found bobby wells to be one of the finest men i have ever met and i still think that...coach well's is not at blackman anymore, he is doing a great job over at riverdale as their DC...physically with 5 by-pass surgery-he's been through heck and back...he's gone, let him be...coach shad is doing a great job here and the parents and players appreciate all he and his staff has done...move on...let it go...this is not the first time you have used coachT to bash well's...if you have a beef with him...go work it out or live in resentment, but don't come on here and hide behind your screen name and bash him...another thought: if you want to bash him, put your name on here so we all can evaluate your credibility vs. his...i don't know many head coaches in our league who do not care...yes, some are better than others, but they care! The big issue for me is, if you want to say on a public forum that "a coach does not care"...or anything else that attacks his very character...no matter who the coach is...then make yourself PUBLIC TOO!

i personally take offense at your statement "when wells was there, nobody really cared because he did not care"...both are not true! my son cared and most of the boys on the team cared and well's cared for sure. maybe you did not like him as a coach, fine...maybe you did not like him as a person...your choice...maybe you did like his offense or defense...great...but to say a man does not care and the boys did not care is way beyond the purpose for this forum and most importantly...it is not true...i found bobby wells to be one of the finest men i have ever met and i still think that...coach well's is not at blackman anymore, he is doing a great job over at riverdale as their DC...physically with 5 by-pass surgery-he's been through heck and back...he's gone, let him be...coach shad is doing a great job here and the parents and players appreciate all he and his staff has done...move on...let it go...this is not the first time you have used coachT to bash well's...if you have a beef with him...go work it out or live in resentment, but don't come on here and hide behind your screen name and bash him...another thought: if you want to bash him, put your name on here so we all can evaluate your credibility vs. his...i don't know many head coaches in our league who do not care...yes, some are better than others, but they care! The big issue for me is, if you want to say on a public forum that "a coach does not care"...or anything else that attacks his very character...no matter who the coach is...then make yourself PUBLIC TOO!

PBD :roflol:

I understand what you are saying and thats not what i meant to portray. My apologies. I know the guys cared a lot. Yes I dont like Coach Wells but I was using him as a example in my statement. I wrote all that and you give me heck for two sentences. PBD, I know you and you know me and Im pretty sure you know that I dont like coach wells haha. But the way you took it was not how I meant it. I was using him as a example on why this years team is having the success that they are having. Im sorry that I offended you. I did not do it on purpose. I know the boys tried very hard and gave it their all while he was there. My sincere apologies. :thumb:

I understand what you are saying and thats not what i meant to portray. My apologies. I know the guys cared a lot. Yes I dont like Coach Wells but I was using him as a example in my statement. I wrote all that and you give me heck for two sentences. PBD, I know you and you know me and Im pretty sure you know that I dont like coach wells haha. But the way you took it was not how I meant it. I was using him as a example on why this years team is having the success that they are having. Im sorry that I offended you. I did not do it on purpose. I know the boys tried very hard and gave it their all while he was there. My sincere apologies. :roflol:

i can only respond to what you actually say...not what you meant to say...and if my memory serves me correctly (which is not always easy as i age :thumb: ) it was not the first time and that is why i wrote what i did...if you know me...then you'll know all is fine and well with us...thank you for responding as you did...and PLEASE come up to me if you are around and shake hands and share a good laugh together over this...blessings...PBD

Before I give my response I am in NO WAY starting another argument on here or wanting to start the wave of excuses that I'm sure will happen anyway, but here goes.

The best example I can give you is from 06' during regular season when R'dale beat Smyrna 49-0. When Smyrna saw them again in the playoffs there was a lot of, “we killed them last time, and we will kill them again." "Another shut-out by the warriors." "Easy win." "So who will R'dale play next week?" Now I'm not saying that all of these comments came from R'dale ppl, they mainly came from reporters from the DNJ. BUT do you remember what happened in that playoff game? Smyrna won.... I believe it was 9-7. Now I'm not saying this to have R'dale ppl come one here and start crap about something that happened 3 seasons ago, all I'm saying is that R'dale had EVERY right to be cocky about the second exchange between them and Smyrna and I truly think because of the cockiness (sp?) and assurance from everyone in the area that they would win, it got to their heads and they ended up losing. THIS is NOT what I want to happen with Blackman. So looking ahead to week 2, saying this is going to by a shut out, saying things like can't wait til R'dale and Blackman meet up in week two; isn't going to help ANY of the Blackman boys. Yes it is a confidence booster for sure, but there is a line between building confidence and being cocky and I don't want the boys to cross that line in their heads. I want them to go into this game with the line of thought, "This will be an easy win because we are better but we still have to play HARD." I want them to still be hungry and not looking at week two yet. Now don't take what I am saying as I don't think they can win, I do! I think this will be an easy win for Blackman, but not too easy. Understand what I am saying? I’m not doubting my boys in any way, but I don’t want their heads to get too big and there be an upset. I am so proud of them and how well they have done this season, I think they deserve to be excited and proud, but I don’t think anyone ever deserves to be cocky. Now if we go to the title game and win…… :thumb:

Best of luck to the Blaze this week. Shame we all got stuck in the same quadrant.

I think this whole playoff system is a joke.... there is one team that has a record of 1-9 and two teams that have records of 2-8, that doesn't include the teams that have 3-7!!! It is NOT fair to teams, like Smyrna who have better records being left out while teams who should probably be looking for all new coaches are getting to go to the playoffs......

Before I give my response I am in NO WAY starting another argument on here or wanting to start the wave of excuses that I'm sure will happen anyway, but here goes.

Hey you are right about the Riverdale vs Smyrna game whan that happened. That is a perfect example of why you never look ahead or over look an opponent you have already beaten! The play-offs are a whole different animal and you better give 100% attention to who you are playing this week. Best wishes to the Blackman Blaze this week! GO BLACKMAN! :thumb:

The best example I can give you is from 06' during regular season when R'dale beat Smyrna 49-0. When Smyrna saw them again in the playoffs there was a lot of, “we killed them last time, and we will kill them again." "Another shut-out by the warriors." "Easy win." "So who will R'dale play next week?" Now I'm not saying that all of these comments came from R'dale ppl, they mainly came from reporters from the DNJ. BUT do you remember what happened in that playoff game? Smyrna won.... I believe it was 9-7. Now I'm not saying this to have R'dale ppl come one here and start crap about something that happened 3 seasons ago, all I'm saying is that R'dale had EVERY right to be cocky about the second exchange between them and Smyrna and I truly think because of the cockiness (sp?) and assurance from everyone in the area that they would win, it got to their heads and they ended up losing. THIS is NOT what I want to happen with Blackman. So looking ahead to week 2, saying this is going to by a shut out, saying things like can't wait til R'dale and Blackman meet up in week two; isn't going to help ANY of the Blackman boys. Yes it is a confidence booster for sure, but there is a line between building confidence and being cocky and I don't want the boys to cross that line in their heads. I want them to go into this game with the line of thought, "This will be an easy win because we are better but we still have to play HARD." I want them to still be hungry and not looking at week two yet. Now don't take what I am saying as I don't think they can win, I do! I think this will be an easy win for Blackman, but not too easy. Understand what I am saying? I’m not doubting my boys in any way, but I don’t want their heads to get too big and there be an upset. I am so proud of them and how well they have done this season, I think they deserve to be excited and proud, but I don’t think anyone ever deserves to be cocky. Now if we go to the title game and win…… :thumb: