First Round UPSET??

Cascade10

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden at Sevier might produce it. What a brutal opening game. I don't know much about either team.

I wouldn't see that as much of an upset. Bearden plays in a much tougher district than does Sevier County. Having seen both teams either live or on TV this year, I expect Bearden to win that game.

I agree that this would not be a huge upset. Any info on these teams to speak of. Don't know much about either just seen scores and their two games on TV. Think both have speed and playmakers, but Young is the difference. If Bearden's QB can throw a little to keep Sevier County honest, could be long night for Sevier County.

Hate to sound like a hater but being shipped into an unfamilar Pod of teams and a Pod of teams that West TN typically has not performed well against, my Prediction is Indy over Arlington.

Indy is 2 years removed from a State Championship appearance and the Seniors have been a part of what it took to get there.

Who will be the first team to produce a upset in the first round?

My thoughts

5A = Shelbyville

6A = Franklin County

Maybe Franklin co has a shot but no way are the screaming eagles gonna beat the Dragons, The dragons has a shot at the Championship and they want to prove to TSSAA that they can win without an ineligiable player

Cam6 is right about Arlington being in an unfamilar pod and playing against teams that the west hasn't had much success with. However, Arlington is a 6 year old school, that has only played varsity football for three years making the playoffs in two of those ('09,'07). We have no history of playing this pod or really any pod, nor do they of us, and we run an offense that is different from others in our area, that I'm told is similar to offenses run in the middle Tn area. No one thought or gave us anything this whole year, so maybe we can keep surprising people. Hopefully, we will play hard and see what happens.

My potential upset watch involves the teams from our district, all of whom I think are quality teams that are capable of winning it all, if everything comes together right. My list: Millington(6a), Cordova(6a), Craigmont(5a), and yes, Bartlett(5a). Good luck to all

Cam6 is right about Arlington being in an unfamilar pod and playing against teams that the west hasn't had much success with. However, Arlington is a 6 year old school, that has only played varsity football for three years making the playoffs in two of those ('09,'07). We have no history of playing this pod or really any pod, nor do they of us, and we run an offense that is different from others in our area, that I'm told is similar to offenses run in the middle Tn area. Hopefully, we will play hard and see what happens.

My potential upset watch involves the teams from our district, all of whom I think are quality teams that are capable of winning it all, if everything comes together right. My list: Millington(6a), Cordova(6a), Craigmont(5a), and yes, Bartlett(5a). Good luck to all

I hope you don't take my note as this being a potential upset game the wrong way because i hope you represent the West and advance. I don't know what Indy has but i do think they have the QB still playing that beat us in the Semi finals 2yrs ago so they have quality players on that team and they have also played what appears to be a tough schedule. Indy did run a similar offense to your team in the past but not sure what they bring to the table this year. Considering you practice daily against the spread it will not be something new to the players and coaches in this first round match-up. You guys being 10-0 need to get this one or we will never hear the end of it from our Middle TN fans, I hate to put extra pressure on you but that typically comes when you have a season like this even if it is your first real rodeo. Good luck

Ridgeway will upset Hardin Co. although I don't see that as an upset.

Craigmont will likely upset Lawrence Co.

This is a tough quad. The Memphis teams are deceiving because they have beat the crap out of each other all year long. They are much better than records indicate! Especially Mitchell and Melrose.