First Round UPSET??

Cascade10

I love to see people still picking against Arlington. It's backfired 10 times already this year, so please don't stop now! :thumb:

Indy does have the same QB, he is a senior this year. However, they run a version of the triple option. I think they only run the spread in their 2 minute offense, or maybe when they are trailing.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to see people still picking against Arlington. It's backfired 10 times already this year, so please don't stop now! :thumb:

Indy does have the same QB, he is a senior this year. However, they run a version of the triple option. I think they only run the spread in their 2 minute offense, or maybe when they are trailing.

If Arlington is any good, they'll know it in this pod. Indy is a solid football team from probably one of the 2 or 3 toughest regions in the state. If they beat Indy, they have to play the winner of Oakland/Franklin(this game has the makings of being a war - hope Franklin's field is recovered from Friday night). If they win that, a probable matchup with either Brentwood or Hunters Lane.

Sounds like Murderer's row to me. :thumb:

GO BRUINS!

If Arlington is any good, they'll know it in this pod. Indy is a solid football team from probably one of the 2 or 3 toughest regions in the state. If they beat Indy, they have to play the winner of Oakland/Franklin(this game has the makings of being a war - hope Franklin's field is recovered from Friday night). If they win that, a probable matchup with either Brentwood or Hunters Lane.

Sounds like Murderer's row to me. :thumb:

GO BRUINS!

That's the truth! They will definitely found out how good they are, starting Friday night. Hypothetically, let's say Arlington beats Indy, Franklin and Brentwood, playing a team from their area in the 4th round would be a cakewalk. I'm sure that coaching staff knows what challenge lies ahead. That team better be ready to prove themselves. From reading these message boards, they have been an "underdog" all season, so seeing people pick an 8 seed to beat them in the first round comes as no surprise.

Cam6 is right about Arlington being in an unfamilar pod and playing against teams that the west hasn't had much success with. However, Arlington is a 6 year old school, that has only played varsity football for three years making the playoffs in two of those ('09,'07). We have no history of playing this pod or really any pod, nor do they of us, and we run an offense that is different from others in our area, that I'm told is similar to offenses run in the middle Tn area. No one thought or gave us anything this whole year, so maybe we can keep surprising people. Hopefully, we will play hard and see what happens.

That's nothing new to Indy, because if I'm not mistaken they to were a very young school in 2007 when they went to the State Championship Game!