Blue Ridge Preview 2009/2010

CDHSKNIGHTS34

im not sure if something has been posted on this. but o well i figured i would start one up..

this year looks like it goin to be a good year of basketball.. its goin to be a year when anything can happen. it looks like it will be even. but here are my rankings and my player to watch out for and the black horse... noted i dont know much about other teams out side of greene county so dont get on me for not knowing im just goin by years past...

1. Greeneville..........this spot could go to anyone. but i figure coach d will have a 5 star recruit comeing in or something. if not i can see them falling to the 3 spot

2.Chuckey Doak............ Returning 3 starters and have a player from greeneville who got min last year comeing so its like 4 starters. tyler f is out for a couple of weeks but will be back before christmas. that will hurt them. but overall they should be top 3 for sure

3.Grangier..........they lost mcbee but they always have a pretty good team... so i can see them up there.

4.C Gap............ once agian i dont know much about them but they always have decent team...

5.South Greene........... lost alot from last year.. but they retrun blake. so i can see them making some noise...

6.Clabiorne...... agian i dont know about them... they will prob be a team that will make some noise

7.West Greene......... return some good players they could easily be up in the top...

Black horse---West Greene i have a feeling they will surpise some teams.

player to watch- Preston moore of Chuckey doak. he will be such a mismatch for alot of people. with his size and his shot

give me your thoughts... idk much about the teams. next year i will know more... i think it could go any way...... its not football thier isnt that much of a talent diffrence...between greeneville and the rest of the league

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville has to be the favorite to win the conference. Grainger may challenge them. The other three greene county teams will be pretty even, and could win on any given night. I just don't know anything about the other teams in the BRAC. South Greene returns some good players, but have to replace Corey Brown. Feezel and Harris will be tough for Chuckey-Doak, but as a team C-D will have to get more consistent than they were last year. West Greene has a talented junior class but will also have to get more consistent.

Greeneville should be tough as usual. Bryan Everheardt has a stroke from outside if he's left open and a quick first step. Also Scott Blake from South Greene can really fill it up. I dont know much about Grainger except they lost their 2 studs (McBee and Humphreys). Cumberland Gap usually has a good team and has a good program. Chuckey-Doak returns 3 starters as stated earlier and picked up an excellent basketball player in Preston Moore. Once Feezell returns they should be a tough 5 or 6 on their team to match up with. South Greene might suprise some people this year since they are small and quick.

Greeneville is and will be the team to beat as usual!!!

Preston Morre is a good player but he didnt start at Greeneville and that's wy he transferred.

Greeneville plays at a totally different level in basketball too. However they aren't unbeatable but the best time to beat them will be why they have football players out. So it might be awhile. I say Greeneville first and who knows from 2nd to last...Greeneville will win EASILY AS ALWAYS!!! SAME THING WITH GRILS!!! :popcorneater: Keep Wishin Greene County Teams

Greeneville is actually recruitless this year but I still look for us to be strong. With Quarles, Anderson, Hopson, and the sharp shooting Everhart...we're gonna be hard to stop. But I really look at Chuckey-Doak to make it difficult. The trio of Fezell-Harris-Moore will be hard for anyone to stop including the great greeneville defense. South and West Greene will struggle this year while rebuilding after losing many starters from last year. I've heard Grainger looks okay but I look for it to come down to the Greene Devils and Black Knights. The Rivalry is back!

Greeneville is and will be the team to beat as usual!!!

Preston Morre is a good player but he didnt start at Greeneville and that's wy he transferred.

Greeneville plays at a totally different level in basketball too. However they aren't unbeatable but the best time to beat them will be why they have football players out. So it might be awhile. I say Greeneville first and who knows from 2nd to last...Greeneville will win EASILY AS ALWAYS!!! SAME THING WITH GRILS!!! :roflolk: Keep Wishin Greene County Teams

Well first thing is first no where on this board did it say Preston Moore was a starter. It says he got some minutes. Which would make Chuckey-Doak have 4 starters even though he didn't start. Playing minutes in 3A is a big plus. I dont think Greeneville will run over everyone this year, this isn't football. With out a recruit I think its going to be hard for Greeneville to be good. They lost Short,and Llyod from last year. So who will step up at the PG position and who will replace the point production of Short? Alot of questions to be answered this might be Greenevilles down year. Wiggins isn't walking through the doors to help you. So lets see real Greeneville kids get out there and play. I cant wait for the December 4th showdown Greeneville vs Chuckey-Doak this game should tell a whole lot on how this league will be. With no recruit this year I think Greeneville will be behind Chuckey-Doak. I cant wait.

Good Luck To All.

Okay, Preston Moore DID NOT transfer to Chuckey-Doak High because he wasn't starting. His grades were low so Greeneville denied his tuitition thus sending him to the high school of which he lives in the area (Chuckey-Doak). Also Greeneville#1 I hate to burst your bubble but this new conference Greeneville entered into may not be as tough as the IMAC but without the productivity of Jordan Short and Braylen Lloyd this season I can see the Greene Devils having a few problems on the scoring end of the spectrum. You're not giving credit to the other conference teams such as Claiborne and Cumberland Gap. Also, Chuckey-Doak has a lot of talk running through the town about them. If TSSAA declares Moore eligable and once Tyler Feezell returns from his broken ankle I can see Chuckey-Doak maybe giving some problems to Greeneville. Not saying they'll win, so don't take me wrong with that statement. But, I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself saying Greeneville will walk through conference. Now onto the girls, Greeneville girls will walk through conference?! Should I remind you of last season when the Greene Devils had the highly scouted and Miss Tennessee finalist Nicole Dickson and lost to South Greene. While South Greene was lead by Rachelle Dye, who I would like to mention is a senior this season and will probably have huge productivity. Anyways, don't count you eggs before they hatch Greeneville#1. Greeneville is the team to beat and every team will be playing for the big W every single game against them.

Well looks like yet another long year for Chuckey Doak. If you plan on beatin Greeneville you better step it up FAST!!! Greeneville beat Jeff County by about 10 and CD loses 91-36!!! Well I'll let the score speak for itself!!! haha

GO DEVILS!!! :blink:

Alright, now that you got your laugh out of the way. Lets list off the facts yet again. Since you're wanting to talk about the Hall of Fame games we'll start there. Chuckey Doak was up on Elizabethton by 19 at halftime. The Devils were up by 14. Chuckey Doak then lost momentum from what looked like them running out of fresh legs. That game Painter-Harris-Sexton combined for 68 of the teams 77. What does that tell you about Chuckey Doak? Maybe they weren't blessed with as many athletes as Greeneville and being 3 starters down they're having a little bit of a struggle finding proper team chemistry. Now onto the Jefferson County game. If you would have watched from the stands instead of picking numbers from the newspaper, you would have noticed Chuckey-Doak's starters got pulled 4 minutes into the game. The 2nd string lacks talent and experience obviously because they got outscored 30 to 0 in the 2nd quarter. Chuckey-Doak's coach then started the starters for about 3 minutes of the 3rd then replaced them with the remainding 5 on the roster. That would probably explain the 91-36 loss now wouldn't it? Anyways, I'm not putting down the Devils in any way, there a very skilled group of individuals. But posting comments about a rival team off facts you recieve just makes you sound ignorant when you're looking at box scores and talking trash.

Well looks like yet another long year for Chuckey Doak. If you plan on beatin Greeneville you better step it up FAST!!! Greeneville beat Jeff County by about 10 and CD loses 91-36!!! Well I'll let the score speak for itself!!! haha

GO DEVILS!!! :blink:

Alright, now that you got your laugh out of the way. Lets list off the facts yet again. Since you're wanting to talk about the Hall of Fame games we'll start there. Chuckey Doak was up on Elizabethton by 19 at halftime. The Devils were up by 14. Chuckey Doak then lost momentum from what looked like them running out of fresh legs. That game Painter-Harris-Sexton combined for 68 of the teams 77. What does that tell you about Chuckey Doak? Maybe they weren't blessed with as many athletes as Greeneville and being 3 starters down they're having a little bit of a struggle finding proper team chemistry. Now onto the Jefferson County game. If you would have watched from the stands instead of picking numbers from the newspaper, you would have noticed Chuckey-Doak's starters got pulled 4 minutes into the game. The 2nd string lacks talent and experience obviously because they got outscored 30 to 0 in the 2nd quarter. Chuckey-Doak's coach then started the starters for about 3 minutes of the 3rd then replaced them with the remainding 5 on the roster. That would probably explain the 91-36 loss now wouldn't it? Anyways, I'm not putting down the Devils in any way, there a very skilled group of individuals. But posting comments about a rival team off facts you recieve just makes you sound ignorant when you're looking at box scores and talking trash.

Greeneville is without some players and key starters due to football. Greeneville will only get better with all of them back. It's ok to make excuses for Cd but Greeneville will show ya who's the boss just like football and all the other sports! ;)