Hilltoppers

bringiton34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports say that nothing will be done until after the banquet after the season.

They said they will assess the job and then go from there. While not having a varsity record like he promised, he did have a very good JV team and freshman team, so says the JC Press.

What are they going to do with him? I don't know, but this has been a problem at SH for years. People have stated that SH should be at least 7-3 every year, and with the conference they are in that is going to be tough. Boone, South, TH, and DB all took them to the woodshed and Crockett almost got that job done as well.

I think the problem needs to be more closely looked at what is the problem with the coaching staff and what is the problem with the kids? Those are the two parts of a football program. SH seems to have lost the edge by not having a better set up youth program like TH, South, Boone, and DB. There are far too many athletes in Johnson City for them not to be having a good team, and everyone in the area knows it. I dunno what has to be done, but hiring someone who sounded a bit arrogant coming into the area...I don't know. I would say give him one more year but I think that it might be it for Smith.

Stacy Carter at Sullivan South may be on a very short list of potential replacements.... Smith is gone, no way the Toppers keep him around another year. I hope they do though.

1. Carter can do whatever he wants in Sullvan County because he has built that program back up. He could coach 10 more years and get a principal's job and live the easy life.

2. JC Fans would not accept losing seasons if they kept happening, and would replace him as well. All the tenure and such he built up would be gone.

3. Why would he want to leave South for SH?

Stacy Carter at Sullivan South may be on a very short list of potential replacements.... Smith is gone, no way the Toppers keep him around another year. I hope they do though.

Just a Indian jacka$$ running off at the mouth...maybe they can get Graham Clark after these back stabbing dedicated Indian fans run him out of town...as for Stacy he's happy right where he's at...but who knows money talk's.Good luck Topper fan's you deserve the best. :twisted:

If I were among the powers to be at SH, I would try to lure Shawn Witten. He has a proven “Three Year Program”. They need a coach at Science Hill that not only knows the game but is a true motivator, for the sake of not only the players but the fans and that program in general. That is exactly what Witten would bring to the table. I say SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!