Loudon @ Polk Co.

polk_wildcat

Well after watching the game tonight i'm going to have to disagree...the Loudon QB seemed to be a little more impact and seemed to be the difference maker in this game, not taking anything from Jarred Allen he is a great player, but the LOudon QB seemed to have it goin for him tonight.

I will say the better team won tonight. Loudon's line beat us on both sides of the ball period and they were the difference not the QB. As far as your QB being more impact. If you put Allen behind that line he would be the best hands down. It didn't help that our running back and starting linebacker went out on the second play with a hurt ankle which changed the whole game plan.

Why would you get on here and make a statement like that? Polks 0line has been good enough to win 11 games. 2 picks didn't help Polks cause any, is that the lines fault? 11 wins equals a good line, and I know you don't believe this, but it's a team game. Nice season Polk and the offensive line.

I can't believe someone would come out and say that about are o line they played great ball all year and have one bad game and people start saying things like that. Those boys played hard friday night and gave it thier all and played with heart and that Wildcat PRIDE. Loudon beat us there is no question bout that they played a heck of a game. A lot of us Polk fans respect them and they respect us. But I'm not going to let someone bash Polks o line when they played GREAT all year you don't win 11 games in a row without them or the rest of the team. These boys played as a team won as a team and lost friday night as a team. Yes Allen and Hargrove are playmakers but the d line and o line creates the chances for them to make plays. Great Season WIldcats we got a lot of returning players next year so work hard this offseason and to the seniors thanks for 4 great years and a history season this year. Go Wildcats

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that our team has played well all season. I watched #38 get double teamed all night long and still made plays. I watched #12 get hit and still move and break tackles to try to create something. I personally think they give the most effort of the players out there. Not to say the others are not good players. But #12 & #38 want the resposiblities and they carry it well.

I too felt Polk Co. played with big heart and normal Polk hard nose football, but they were just outmatched on the line. Those boys did play hard on the Polk line, but when someone is bigger and stronger it just happens. It kinda lets you know good Alcoa must really be though.

"It kinda lets you know good Alcoa must really be though"

This is the very point I was trying to tell you folks last week when I said Alcoa is in another league with another gear. That doesn't mean Polk isn't any good, and it doesn't mean Loudon wasn't any good when they lost to Alcoa 21-0......or when Loudon loses to them this Friday night. Be grateful for the season you had!

Hey DmacDaddy,

Here's the little league game you were thinking about. Look at those names, most of the Loudon stalwarts came off that Indians team! Go Big Red!

2005 Sequoyah Conference

Week #8

Polk Co. Wildcats Lose Big at Home,

LQC takes 3 out of 4

INDIANS

The Indian Captains were #4 Zach Franklin, #27 Kadrean Brewster, #34 David Lee Haskins, and #82 Aaron Anderson. Polk Co. won the coin toss and deferred until the second half.

The three top teams in the league are Etowah, Polk Co., and the Loudon Indians. Since the Knights have already beaten both Polk and Loudon, this game is for the second seed in the playoffs.

Taking a play right out of Coach Matlock’s play book, the Wildcats kicked short and recovered the onsides kick! In fact Polk Co. would go on and grab every kick-off (opening K-O and after both of their scores) in the game? With the ball and in good field position, Polk Co. drove down and scored. With the 2-point conversion, the Wildcats lead eight to zip at the end of the first quarter.

Things didn’t get much better in the second period as the Indians lost a fumble with 7:47 left on the clock. Finally settling down, #9 Mathew Wallace bulled in from the 16 yard line at the 1:46 mark. The extra point attempt failed, leaving the score at half-time 8-6, Wildcats.

Polk Co. scored on their opening drive of the third stanza, with a 39 yarder.

Loudon finally got the football back after a defensive stop, Wallace was off to the races, streaking down the sideline for a 60 yard touchdown! The extra points were posted by #34 David Lee Haskins. And just like that, Loudon closes the gap to 14-16. The Indians controlled the football for most of the 3rd and 4th quarters. Loudon surged ahead to stay on Haskins one yard plunge.

Defensively #16 Nick Roach continues to lead the team in tackles, knocking down 10 ball carriers for the game. #51 Brandon Whitfield posted seven stops, #9 Mathew Wallace and #82 Aaron Anderson had six tackles each. Haskins, #3 Wade Plemons, #67 Cory Lawson, and #23 Jake Brown each added five tackles also.

Total offense was 277 yards. Rushing accounted for 228 yards on 32 attempts for three touchdowns and a 2-point conversion; while passing added 49 yards.

In a tough physical, hard hitting game, the Indians (7-1) are victorious 20-16. Go Indians!

Stats:

1st Downs: 11

Turnovers: lost (3) kick-offs and (2) fumbles

Penalties: 7 for -40 yards

#34 David Lee Haskins: (11) carries for 38 yds, (1) TD,

(1) 2-pt. conv, and (5) tackles

#9 Mathew Wallace: (8) carries for 120 yds, (2) TD’s,

(6) tackles, and (1) pass break up

#37 Nick Brown: (5) carries for 24 yds and (2) tackles

#27 Kadrean Brewster: (6) carries for 40 yds, and (3) tackles

#23 Jake Brown: (2) carries for 6 yds, (2) receptions for 49

yds, and (5) tackles

#4 Zach “Air” Franklin: 2 of 3 passing for 49 yds

#3 Wade Plemons: (5) tackles

#81 Samuel Curtis: (2) tackles and (1) INT

#16 Nick Roach: (10) tackles

#55 Jordan Collis: (2) tackles

#67 Cory Lawson: (5) tackles

#82 Aaron Anderson: (6) tackles and a fumble recovery

#51 Brandon Whitfield: (7) tackles

#7 Eric Newman: (1) tackle

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final

Loudon Indians 0 6 8 6 20

Polk Co. Wildcats 8 0 8 0 16

Hey DmacDaddy,

Was this the little league game you were thinking about?

2005 Sequoyah Conference

Week #8

Polk Co. Wildcats Lose Big at Home,

LQC takes 3 out of 4

INDIANS

The Indian Captains were #4 Zach Franklin, #27 Kadrean Brewster, #34 David Lee Haskins, and #82 Aaron Anderson. Polk Co. won the coin toss and deferred until the second half.

The three top teams in the league are Etowah, Polk Co., and the Loudon Indians. Since the Knights have already beaten both Polk and Loudon, this game is for the second seed in the playoffs.

Taking a play right out of Coach Matlock’s play book, the Wildcats kicked short and recovered the onsides kick! In fact Polk Co. would go on and grab every kick-off (opening K-O and after both of their scores) in the game? With the ball and in good field position, Polk Co. drove down and scored. With the 2-point conversion, the Wildcats lead eight to zip at the end of the first quarter.

Things didn’t get much better in the second period as the Indians lost a fumble with 7:47 left on the clock. Finally settling down, #9 Mathew Wallace bulled in from the 16 yard line at the 1:46 mark. The extra point attempt failed, leaving the score at half-time 8-6, Wildcats.

Polk Co. scored on their opening drive of the third stanza, with a 39 yarder.

Loudon finally got the football back after a defensive stop, Wallace was off to the races, streaking down the sideline for a 60 yard touchdown! The extra points were posted by #34 David Lee Haskins. And just like that, Loudon closes the gap to 14-16. The Indians controlled the football for most of the 3rd and 4th quarters. Loudon surged ahead to stay on Haskins one yard plunge.

Defensively #16 Nick Roach continues to lead the team in tackles, knocking down 10 ball carriers for the game. #51 Brandon Whitfield posted seven stops, #9 Mathew Wallace and #82 Aaron Anderson had six tackles each. Haskins, #3 Wade Plemons, #67 Cory Lawson, and #23 Jake Brown each added five tackles also.

Total offense was 277 yards. Rushing accounted for 228 yards on 32 attempts for three touchdowns and a 2-point conversion; while passing added 49 yards.

In a tough physical, hard hitting game, the Indians (7-1) are victorious 20-16. Go Indians!

Stats:

1st Downs: 11

Turnovers: lost (3) kick-offs and (2) fumbles

Penalties: 7 for -40 yards

#34 David Lee Haskins: (11) carries for 38 yds, (1) TD,

(1) 2-pt. conv, and (5) tackles

#9 Mathew Wallace: (8) carries for 120 yds, (2) TD’s,

(6) tackles, and (1) pass break up

#37 Nick Brown: (5) carries for 24 yds and (2) tackles

#27 Kadrean Brewster: (6) carries for 40 yds, and (3) tackles

#23 Jake Brown: (2) carries for 6 yds, (2) receptions for 49

yds, and (5) tackles

#4 Zach “Air” Franklin: 2 of 3 passing for 49 yds

#3 Wade Plemons: (5) tackles

#81 Samuel Curtis: (2) tackles and (1) INT

#16 Nick Roach: (10) tackles

#55 Jordan Collis: (2) tackles

#67 Cory Lawson: (5) tackles

#82 Aaron Anderson: (6) tackles and a fumble recovery

#51 Brandon Whitfield: (7) tackles

#7 Eric Newman: (1) tackle

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final

Loudon Indians 0 6 8 6 20

Polk Co. Wildcats 8 0 8 0 16

Why would you get on here and make a statement like that? Polks 0line has been good enough to win 11 games. 2 picks didn't help Polks cause any, is that the lines fault? 11 wins equals a good line, and I know you don't believe this, but it's a team game. Nice season Polk and the offensive line.

Congrats to Polk on a great season. I am proud of our team and their season and when I say they beat us on the line I meant no disrespect to any of our players or their parents. Yes our line was good enough to win 11 games but we had not faced anyone with the size, strength and speed of Loudon. I am not bashing the kids but Loudon's O-line and D-line was better overall, they were bigger, faster, and stronger period. If you think otherwise you was not at the game I was at. We had a total of 15 net rushing yards and gave up 5 sacks but you say the 2 int's is what opened the door for Loudon to win? BTW when have I ever said it wasn't a team game? Don't be a Kool Aid drinker!