Loudon @ Polk Co.

polk_wildcat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These polk boys have played together since they were on the pampers team (crickets) and know how each outher plays. There is no jared allen in the word team. He is a good player but so is the rest of the players.You need all 12 players to make a team and that is what they do. Unlike the comment that states Allen makes the team i will call you down for that. the team makes Allen. If all players thought they were the number one player they would not be where they are today. Coach Davis does not seem to think that there is only one player. but that they respond to the possion they play. if you build up an ego player then they think they don't need help to win and that is where lossing happens and thats what the coaches are trying to teach. All team members playing together is what wins games. These boys all work together for their team. I hope polk wins if only for one reason. Polk county nevers gets much praise for their games win or lose local tv stations just brush by them. There is alot of tallent in polk county but nobody ever talks about them.

good to see all the posts on this one. here is my 3.5 cents worth.

If Loudon plays up to their potential I'll go with Loudon. The defense is very good as is the offense. Depth would be a concern because a lot of guys go both ways. However, against Bledsoe (NO I'M NOT COMPARING POLK TO BLEDSOE) a lot of guys rotated in and out before he called of the dogs in the 3rd quarter so hopefully that got some guys some good reps.

Should be a great high school football playoff game.

Loudon 23

Polk 20

Thats where polk will have the advantage in this game they don't play people on both side of the ball mayber 2 go both ways. Polk and Loudon are very close to being the same they like to pound the ball and hit hard a defense. I wanted to see this game in the regular season but meeting in the playoffs will give a lot better feel. This will be a battle for both teams. I have a lot of respect for Loudon ever since the lil days when me and my brother played. Now my brother is a jr and i know almost every teammate of his these kids play with a lot of heart and pride which i'm sure loudon does to. I can't wait till friday i'm not going to put a score up here i'm just going with its going to be a close game and hard hitting. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. And Loudon fans have a safe trip down to Davis Field. Go Wildcats

These polk boys have played together since they were on the pampers team (crickets) and know how each outher plays. There is no jared allen in the word team. He is a good player but so is the rest of the players.You need all 12 players to make a team and that is what they do. Unlike the comment that states Allen makes the team i will call you down for that. the team makes Allen. If all players thought they were the number one player they would not be where they are today. Coach Davis does not seem to think that there is only one player. but that they respond to the possion they play. if you build up an ego player then they think they don't need help to win and that is where lossing happens and thats what the coaches are trying to teach. All team members playing together is what wins games. These boys all work together for their team. I hope polk wins if only for one reason. Polk county nevers gets much praise for their games win or lose local tv stations just brush by them. There is alot of tallent in polk county but nobody ever talks about them.

1.)The comment was that Allen makes the players around him better... and he does. He is a very good player. Anyone who has watched PC play this year knows that everygame there are AT LEAST 5 and often times more players who have a large impact on the outcome of the game. PC wins by playing team football... The team knows this, the players know this, and the fans know this.

2.) There are only 11 players on the field not 12 :wacko:

3.) Do think we should be on ESPN? They have talked about the kicker all season. The boys have been on Stump on Sports a couple times. Local t.v. has been at pretty much every significant ball game we have played all season.

GATA Wildcats!!!!!! :roflol:

1.)The comment was that Allen makes the players around him better... and he does. He is a very good player. Anyone who has watched PC play this year knows that everygame there are AT LEAST 5 and often times more players who have a large impact on the outcome of the game. PC wins by playing team football... The team knows this, the players know this, and the fans know this.

2.) There are only 11 players on the field not 12

3.) Do think we should be on ESPN? They have talked about the kicker all season. The boys have been on Stump on Sports a couple times. Local t.v. has been at pretty much every significant ball game we have played all season.

GATA Wildcats!!!!!!

1.)You just said what I said. maybe I need to rearrange my words to make it easy so all you old xfootball players can understand.

2.)I mesed up on that one but if you think about it the 12th player is the idot in the stands who doesn't know or care about who is sitting beside, up a bleacher,down a bleacher who son is the one they talk dirty about the way they think the play should of gone. Easy explained, '' why would they thow the ball to # 01 who hasn't caught a ball yet this year and not to #02 someone who could and has all year." those are fighting words in some cases.

3) yes I thank they should talk about the kicker. He has more heart for the game. And he never gave up. I hope that only good things happens for him. I'v missed hearing all the friday night foot ball as I was at the game. But when I have seen it there isn't much said and yes I do think it would be great if ESPN would be at one of our games.LOL ha ha. but i would settle for local stations should be there more.

I think the total points in this game will be around 30....Only South Pitt and Walker Valley (go figure) scored more than 20 on Polk's 1st D...Last 6 games have produced 5 shutouts...

I know lesser opponents, but holding teams to less than 100 total yards (Meigs had 17 TOTAL), is pretty good no matter...

I'm going to stick with 21 - 10 Polk