Sullivan North VS Elizabethton

Lawman1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all the seniors at betsy want to keep playing football this year and that will be enough to keep them up for the game as for the under classmen i know the comments made by the north fan about the jv and freshman games will be enough to get them up for this game. Betsy 31 North 21

Orangeworker I made the comment that the JV did not dominate us nor we them. It was a great smash mouth football game, I know these games are not always played to win but this was a great hard hitting game to watch we held off a late hard fought drive to win by 1. You could see a lot of great games coming between these two teams.

"We are picking ourselves up out of the near ruin of a program" quote by 02RaiderDad

Didn't North win the Region championship just a few years ago. If that is "near ruin", I'm sure many programs would love to be "near ruin"

TVA a few years ago when North was in the ML con we played well against teams our size then we were told there was to much travel and we could make more gate money if we into the local big 8 or 10 or what ever it was called then.Well we could not play well with teams from schools 3 times bigger than us. 1st Kingsport took over 1/2 of Lynn Garden into the city,then the county shut down Lynn View Middle (1/2 of those students then went to the city), That left only Ketron Middle, then the next blow fell they took the 8th grade to North and did away with all sports at Ketron, also at this time the North head coach leaves with out notice. So here we are no coach no feeder program and boys with little hope going to play else where. Call it what you will TVA but I think ruin fits well. So yeah we are pleased with our program just like you'll are and look foward ( if we can keep our school open) to many great games with the Black & Orange.

Good Luck to the Rebels Friday night as well I would say that will be a great game

GO RAIDERS

i'll pick north go north gl from south fans..... pass the ball north you will win gl and be safe........

I don't know about that, North is a strong running team and CAK is a very strong passing team and they only beat us by 1 due to the missed field goals so I think it will take more then passing to win this game.

I change my predicition from 49-21 to 49-19

I think Eliz. will win but if they do get beat anytime in these playoffs please do not get on here and blame the Ref's for the defeat.

I agree no refs to blame this game will come down to elizabethton"s seniors if they play like they played all year and control tempers they will win hands down this will be a team win but the seniors have to show leadership and i think they will they have worked hard this season. ELIZABETHTON 31 NORTH 21

GREAT GAME ELIZABETHTON, from time to time we looked like we might play ball but then another mistake killed us. Fumble #1 hurt big mistake, Fumble #2 massive hit few could have held on after that. Could not tell about #3. Our tackling would score on a 1 to 10 scale about a -7 on one play I thing we had about 8 missed tackels. But all in all our boys played better than the score showed. THERE IS NO DOUBT WHO THE KING OF THE 3 RIVERS IS THIS YEAR !!!!!! If you play like you did tonight the rest of the playoffs you could win this thing. I'll be pulling for you, GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FOOTBALL

see you next year 02RAIDERDAD