#6 Gallatin (8-3) @ #1 Henry Co. (10-1)

Gtowner

You know its a big game when your rivals start posting on your thread!

You're right about that!!! I'm an MJ fan, but grew up in Gallatin and respect the powerhouse teams they always produce. I have several diehard relatives who still reside there & are always in attendance on Fridays (or tuned into their radios). Last I heard they were on a conference call trying to decide whether or not to drive up to Paris TONIGHT! LOL! Yes, I think the Gallatin faithful will be in attendance tomorrow. Lots of excitement in the air in G'town! Wish I could be there!! Go Green Wave! Best of luck in HC! Make 9-AAA proud! :popcorneater:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Time for some honesty!!! There are no really good teams on the west side of the state! HC is the cream, but the rest of this side are a bunch of very average teams. Yes, some are better than others, but no really good ones. That includes the Memphis teams as well. With this extremely expanded playoff system, plus 6 classes it's really pretty hard to get very excited about the playoffs until at least the 4th round. :lol: Gallatin, you had a nice year. I'm not trying to take away from any teams accomplishments, but simply stating facts. If you combined the 6 classes back down to 3 as in all other sports you'd see some really great playoff games!!! :thumb: But, it's about $$$ so there you go! :lol:

The YANKER was unable to make it up to Henryland last week but I will be there tomorrow night!!! JCM has had some HUGE games with Gallatin through the years...this YANKER is looking forward to this one. I know nothing of Gallatin this year so my prediction will be guided by the great HC home crowd and the Coacht friends that I have made in Henryland...HC 21-Gallatin 17.........I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS...I will bring my own security team in the event that this YANKER is picked out of the crowd...the fan adulation would be so tremendous that this YANKER would fear for innocent Henrylanders and Gallatinians who may be crushed by my adoring but aggressive fans!!!!! I AM THE "SECURITY MINDED" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to put the people on this board in a ring and let them battle royal. For the comment about trailor trash, Why do you disrespect some people that try to make ends meet. Keep the post to the game, and please do not disrespect many people that are trying to make ends meet. I have seen some great athletes come from so called trailor parks. That is just uncalled for in my opinion!

As for the game itself! I also have enjoyed this years talk with the Henry County faithful. This fan base is truly red and white 100% with pride. Gallatin better bring some green, but if Henry County was smart they would do a red out for the game. Talking about excitement.

A big part of me wants Gallatin to pull the win, but another part believes the Patriot fan base deserve this win. My only concern is hearing how good their team is if they win state. Man that will suck for the next year. However, if you are a Gallatin fan you will appreciate the kindness given at the game, because this website does not give you a full respect for the Patriot fans. Those fans that tailgate and offer their own to opposing fans are what make Patriot Pride so special. Trust me, these Patriot fans will great you with kindness and respect.

I am not changing my pick on the game. It is going to be a tight game in the forth, but someone will win on a big field goal.

How is Skyler and the other young man this week?

Gallatin folks driving in need to keep an eye on a couple of speed trap areas. If coming thru Clarksville, watch your speed once you get into construction zones between Dover and Clarksville and don't speed thru Dover (speed trap). If you cut thru Springfield you should already know about Coopertown (speed trap). If you end up coming in on I40 once you turn of Interstate you will be tempted to continue driving fast on the Super 2 lane. My advise is check your speed and would not go over 60. Tickets have been written for 62 on that drive from I40 to Henry Land.

Have a Safe trip!

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

Would love too, but headed to see Fort Campbell play this week. Shorter drive, and they have a Kentucky Signee at QB. Would love to have seen Henry County Play this group. They are 2A, but have won 2 state titles the past two years. Remind me alot of last years Patriot team, but more aggressive like this years defense. Plus these boys play for their parents fighting for our freedoms. Great emotional story, and if you get opportunity to see them on TV you should. I would love to see this game. Will it be on TV?

Gallatin folks driving in need to keep an eye on a couple of speed trap areas. If coming thru Clarksville, watch your speed once you get into construction zones between Dover and Clarksville and don't speed thru Dover (speed trap). If you cut thru Springfield you should already know about Coopertown (speed trap). If you end up coming in on I40 once you turn of Interstate you will be tempted to continue driving fast on the Super 2 lane. My advise is check your speed and would not go over 60. Tickets have been written for 62 on that drive from I40 to Henry Land.

Have a Safe trip!

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

Good Post wingman! I would encourage all the Gallatin fans to heed this warning about the speed traps. The Paris Police and Henry County Sheriff dept. are great about not being overbearing on speeding. they are pretty understanding at about 5-6 miles and hour over but outside of Paris from Paris landing bridge almost all the way to Clarksville the troopers and local law enforcement would piss thier pants to give a ticket for 4 miles an hour over! :lol: Coming through Camden isnt bad but 641 is terrible about Troopers! I'm sure with all the visitors coming to Paris and Camden for playoff games, they won't hesitate to beef up the force on the roads. They wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to ruin someones excitement and send them home $200 lighter in the pocket! Just another reason to leave extra early and show up early to enjoy the tailgaiting if you can! :thumb:

Henry Co. isn't aware of the level of football played in middle TN. However, 48 hours from now they will be. Gallatin takes this one as easy as they took down NW last week.

Gallatin - 27

HC - 10

Your score may be correct but if it is, it won't be because HC knows nothing of Middle Tn football. Last year Hillsboro beat us by one TD in the semifinals. Two years ago Maplewood beat us by one point in the semifinals. We scrimmaged Maplewood this year in August. We beat Northeast, who beat Hendersonville, who beat Gallatin. I know you can't go by scores, or who beat whom, but as I said, your score may be correct, but your logic is way off.