Gordonsville vs MTCS

pasttiger

I just listened to both coaches on our local radio show.

Sounds like both teams are going to try to run the ball.

Last week, Gville rushed for 384 yards in 45 carries.

Smith rushed for 197, Woodmore for 107, and Cason for 80.

Our line was the main reason for that. Hopefully, they'll play just as well tomorrow.

A good running game, solid d and limiting the turnovers are the key for both teams. Go Tigers!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is this week just dragging by...

It has been the slowest week ever.

How are the facilities at MTCS, what can we expect?

Facilities -- brand new... and we built a separate one for the ladies.

Based on the away games we have played our facilities are better than par for a 1A team. Field is in good shape. We played away on most of the games that were wet and muddy. We typically get comments regarding how nice the visiting locker rooms are. Don't expect the Taj Mahal but they are a good size. Home stands are bigger and nicer than the visiting stands (as you might expect). The airport runway is right behind the visiting stands (trying to work out fly-overs when we score but that hasn't worked out yet). Good concession stand. Plenty of nearby parking in the church parking lot.

Croz -- I see we have a home-and-home in basketball as well.

I've read the articles in the daily journal about MTCS. It sounds like they're fired up about tonight's game. I also listened to their coach on the radio last night. He sounds like he's moving them in the right direction.

MTCS has only played one game in a month. They may be a little rusty, and I'm hoping Gville keeps improving every week. They took a huge step last week. I hope to see another big step forward this week.

Go Blue!!!!!!!

Croz... good luck to you and your Tigers tonight. Plenty of reasons for G'ville to be fired up for this one. After all, it is the playoffs and it's lose and go home. Probably also want to prove the flawed system wrong, but the main thing is.....

You win this one and you get a shot at the best!!! First things first, though. Gotta take care of your business tonight!!! Go Blue! :idea:

Croz... good luck to you and your Tigers tonight. Plenty of reasons for G'ville to be fired up for this one. After all, it is the playoffs and it's lose and go home. Probably also want to prove the flawed system wrong, but the main thing is.....

You win this one and you get a shot at the best!!! First things first, though. Gotta take care of your business tonight!!! Go Blue! :idea:

Thanks, the boys have an amazing opportunity starting tonight. They need to take advantage of it and move on to next week.

Is it just me or is this week just dragging by...

It has been the slowest week ever.

How are the facilities at MTCS, what can we expect?

Facilities -- brand new... and we built a separate one for the ladies.

Based on the away games we have played our facilities are better than par for a 1A team. Field is in good shape. We played away on most of the games that were wet and muddy. We typically get comments regarding how nice the visiting locker rooms are. Don't expect the Taj Mahal but they are a good size. Home stands are bigger and nicer than the visiting stands (as you might expect). The airport runway is right behind the visiting stands (trying to work out fly-overs when we score but that hasn't worked out yet). Good concession stand. Plenty of nearby parking in the church parking lot.

Croz -- I see we have a home-and-home in basketball as well.

How are your bball teams this year? I noticed yall played with FCS boys last year.

Friday the 13th! Could see some crazy things tonight around the state. Good luck Tigers!

I've read the articles in the daily journal about MTCS. It sounds like they're fired up about tonight's game. I also listened to their coach on the radio last night. He sounds like he's moving them in the right direction.

MTCS has only played one game in a month. They may be a little rusty, and I'm hoping Gville keeps improving every week. They took a huge step last week. I hope to see another big step forward this week.

Go Blue!!!!!!!

Croz: we are all excited and looks like the weather is going to be a dandy. Coach is a great guy. Played for BA when they were winning state championships and at Ol' Miss under Tuberville and Cutcliffe. He was on BA's staff when we hired him. More importantly -- he is a quality guy. We all feel fortunate to have him in front of our boys on a day-to-day basis.

He stepped into a difficult situation with Coach Shad going to Blackman but he has made believers out of the boys. Is it game time yet?

How are your bball teams this year? I noticed yall played with FCS boys last year.

Friday the 13th! Could see some crazy things tonight around the state. Good luck Tigers!

I know this is a football thread but just a quick response - our men's coach was at FC once upon a time. We lost some talent from last year. Have a great shooter that is back for his last year. Girls team has historically been pretty good. We have difficulty getting past Forrest every year.