York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why all you guys have your little panties in a wad over who came from where and the it's not fair blah blah blah.

Alcoa will show everyone who their daddy is on Dec. 4

THANK YOU! Lets try and get back on topic, which was suppose to be about a high school playoff game Friday! It's ok to have civic pride or school pride. But there is also a way you can do that and represent yourself and your community in a positive way! That is just how I feel. I hope everyone who has been posting so aggresively this week does not forget to post after the game! Go Cougars! I can not wait to see how the offensive and defensive lines of each team match up against each other? Also, does York have any team speed?

Man o Man talk about tough.....This week I've got to be for Tigers, Dagons,and Wildcats and such...so I'll give it a try.

Let's go...........dragons...........That didn't sound right. Let's GO LIZARDS....better, (but still hard to do.) :lol:

I don't know why all you guys have your little panties in a wad over who came from where and the it's not fair blah blah blah.

THANK YOU! Lets try and get back on topic, which was suppose to be about a high school playoff game Friday! It's ok to have civic pride or school pride. But there is also a way you can do that and represent yourself and your community in a positive way! That is just how I feel. I hope everyone who has been posting so aggresively this week does not forget to post after the game! Go Cougars! I can not wait to see how the offensive and defensive lines of each team match up against each other? Also, does York have any team speed?

One player, #41, does have some good speed. Haven't seen him caught this year, but, the #2 from Sequatchie didn't seem to have a whole lot of trouble keeping up with him on the deep routes. He did have about 10 yards cushion but, I'd say they were pretty comparable in speed.

Well there is no doubt who has the more athletes. They are bigger faster, stronger, and most likely smarter than York too, but that doesn't guarantee a win. It will be a big upset if York wins and it will really embarass Goodpasture, and probably make some good headlines as well. I think Goodpasture will win by three td's, but I'm really hoping that York beats them. I always love the Cinderella stories and the underdogs.

Sorry I did not respond earlier, I was working. It really bothers me that so many people make the type of statements that have been made on this thread! This is suppose to be about football. This is not suppose to be about making slanderous statements to get a "rise" out of someone! I hope the people who are posting on York's behalf are not involved with the York program! Does it have to turn into a "private vs public" or asking people where they are from? What does that matter? What does that have to do with Friday nights game? I just dont understand!

Unfortunately....it will always be a public/private debate. I have no horse in this race (yet) other than hoping York does well in representing the district. What does it matter?? The thing is most small country schools have to play the hand they are dealt. Ever been to Jamestown?? Very few move in there. 99% of their player were born there, and grew up together. I'm not so sure GP can say the same, I don't know, maybe they can....but there seems to be a large number that go to school there from other areas. If they didn't go to a private school, where would they be zoned and playing ball?? APPEARS to give an unfair advantage....true or not.

Yes it will always be a debate untill they allow public schools to recruitt as well. It is not in any way an equal playing field. but this needs to be addressed to tssaa not goodpature. so join in after the playoffs and ring their phone off the wall. ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS SHOULD PLAY ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS! PERIOD

Yes it will always be a debate untill they allow public schools to recruitt as well. It is not in any way an equal playing field. but this needs to be addressed to tssaa not goodpature. so join in after the playoffs and ring their phone off the wall. ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS SHOULD PLAY ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS! PERIOD

Not all private schools recruit like Ensworth or MBA. If you think there should be a total public/private split, that's one thing, but don't lump all private schools in with those that recruit...

I am sorry. I am from Alcoa and pull for the Tornadoes every week. This post has no business being on the York/Goodpasture thread; there are plenty of places to boast about Alcoa on other threads. To hijack other teams threads is simply classless. Not all the Alcoa fans act this way and you all have my sincere apology. Probably some high school kid who doesn't know how to act.

Hoping both York and Goodpasture have a good game this week without injury. Good luck to both.