Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

Well the annual one and done thread has opened again I see, only this year it did not even make to the one!

I can sypathize (and YES I cannot spell either) as R'dale did not make it last year also.

One thing I do know is you DO have a good coach. Only thing is he and his staff may have lost some of their enthusiasm and that transfers directly to the kids. Last year the new staff went into Oakland fired up and it spread directly to the kids. That attitude caused twice as many kids to come out for them than the year before. Y'all may have also noticed they have the GOLD BALL from last year.

Alright we have to adjust some attitudes. Next we have to adjust the schedules! While it is beautiful in the mountains, there is some good football being played other places. Farragut realized that and scheduled R'dale this year. Yes they lost but it has made them a better team over all and they ARE still playing!

Good luck and some of y'all honestly sit down with y'alls Coach and talk to him to see what he needs in the way of support. If it is the removal of the AD then so be it! There was one before them and there will be another after they are gone.

Good Luck from one warrior to some others. :shock:

i hear DB has lost 2 boys,,,, they already join the north team... i thank one of them is the brown boy is this true...

Your way behind. James Brown quit the team mid season. I don't think you can just leave one team and go to another without the TSSAA ok. North's season is over anyway. James Brown is a good player, I don't know why he didn't get to play at DB.

Well the annual one and done thread has opened again I see, only this year it did not even make to the one!

I can sypathize (and YES I cannot spell either) as R'dale did not make it last year also.

One thing I do know is you DO have a good coach. Only thing is he and his staff may have lost some of their enthusiasm and that transfers directly to the kids. Last year the new staff went into Oakland fired up and it spread directly to the kids. That attitude caused twice as many kids to come out for them than the year before. Y'all may have also noticed they have the GOLD BALL from last year.

Alright we have to adjust some attitudes. Next we have to adjust the schedules! While it is beautiful in the mountains, there is some good football being played other places. Farragut realized that and scheduled R'dale this year. Yes they lost but it has made them a better team over all and they ARE still playing!

Good luck and some of y'all honestly sit down with y'alls Coach and talk to him to see what he needs in the way of support. If it is the removal of the AD then so be it! There was one before them and there will be another after they are gone.

Good Luck from one warrior to some others. :roflolk:

Lost Old Dad you get an A+ on this comment; I’ve always enjoyed reading your post because of the voice of reason behind the thoughts! DB does have some adjustments to make in our program and I think you hit the old proverbial-nail-on-the-head with your key comment about enthusiasm of the coaching staff --- excellent point! I will go on record again to state my support for Coach Clark and his staff, easily on of the best in the state! It’s easy to lose enthusiasm and very hard to regain except in certain instances such as….Example, DB vs. South - DB has no problem with getting up for that game, trouble is we did have difficulty raising excitement levels to play other schools this year. Go figure. DB played a very difficult schedule this year, #3 Div I, AAA in the state of TN if I remember correctly according to coachT. We did improve but it just seemed as if we could not keep our excitement level up from one game to the next. Dang-it! We did make it to round 1 where we met powerhouse Maryville - if you meet these boys I wish you good luck! They are very good from top to bottom! Hope your Warriors do well with Oakland on Friday and that your season ends successfully! ROLL TRIBE!

i hear DB has lost 2 boys,,,, they already join the north team... i thank one of them is the brown boy is this true...

I don't think you can just leave one team and go to another without the TSSAA ok. North's season is over anyway...

Well, actually, one could always rent an apartment in the North zone making an official change of address just for the season, play the football season for the Raiders, and then move back with the parents and transfer back to D-B just in time for graduation... just an "idea"... :popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can just leave one team and go to another without the TSSAA ok. North's season is over anyway...

Well, actually, one could always rent an apartment in the North zone making an official change of address just for the season, play the football season for the Raiders, and then move back with the parents and transfer back to D-B just in time for graduation... just an "idea"... :roflol:

yes its been done before

This is what I heard yesterday. It's probably just foof but it sounds pretty cool anyway. The site for the new DB has been chosen. It's in downtown Kingsport. It was chosen in concert with the Downtown Kingsport Organization and with the current BMA's blessing. The whole of Colonial Heights will be annexed. South will become a middle school as will DB. The Kingsport high school will house 4000+ max. Pushing 3000 the day it opens. Being the largest high school in the state at that point it will undoubtedly have an athlete draw unsurpassed in the state. This is a ten year plan. I'll leave it to your imagination who the coaching staff will be. I guess the more believable rumor is the Science Hill rumor. But that still leaves a few years of hiatus.

Neither of us can seem to win a gold ball so might as well let the imagination run wild. Rebels, Indians, Chargers, Pirates, Warriors, RedSkins. So what will the mascot be? :roflol:

This is what I heard yesterday. It's probably just foof but it sounds pretty cool anyway. The site for the new DB has been chosen. It's in downtown Kingsport. It was chosen in concert with the Downtown Kingsport Organization and with the current BMA's blessing. The whole of Colonial Heights will be annexed. South will become a middle school as will DB. The Kingsport high school will house 4000+ max. Pushing 3000 the day it opens. Being the largest high school in the state at that point it will undoubtedly have an athlete draw unsurpassed in the state. This is a ten year plan. I'll leave it to your imagination who the coaching staff will be. I guess the more believable rumor is the Science Hill rumor. But that still leaves a few years of hiatus.

Neither of us can seem to win a gold ball so might as well let the imagination run wild. Rebels, Indians, Chargers, Pirates, Warriors, RedSkins. So what will the mascot be? :twisted:

Well some of this is tongue-in-cheek but the fact that Kingsport city manager John Campbell has stated that Kingsport plans to annex most of the area within the "smart growth" boundary by around 2020 or 2021 gives this some basis in fact. The same article in the Times-News quoted forcasts that both Sullivan North and Sullivan South would be down to approximately 350 students each, Sullivan Central would be down to 800 and that the Kingsport City School System would have around 3,400 high school age students in the 2020/2021 time frame. This article ran a few months ago around the same time the city-county school board cooperation initiative was launched. I've heard people kidding around in the stands at S.S. about having to learn the tomahawk chop in a few years. Kinda depressing for me - I grew up in Lynn Garden, still there a lot, and have seen a real loss of identity in that community since the city annexed that part of town. I'd hate to see that happen to the S.S. area too. I can't see Kingsport running a high school with 3,000 + students and D-B has too much invested in the athletic facilities at J-Fred to even come close to trying to duplicate them elsewhere. The Bloomingdale community has done a great job of re-inventing Sullivan North as the second coming of Ketron High School.

What say ye !

Well.....their back for more. :thumb:

Volboy I think you got some kind of Delousional thing going on in your upstairs area. Or maybe you've got a downstairs mixup. Some of those DB fans calling me out was actually me under another screen name. Some of the best fights I've had on here has been with myself. Heck for all you know I might actually be you. I'll have to check my list and see................No your clear. I don't see Volman on here.

And jhilts if you hate Kingsport so much how come you keep rideing into town for supplies?

I've stayed off awhile, hoping that your spelling would improve. Nahhhhhh! ARe you the poster child for DB Football or for DB Academics?? Better stick with Football. And---I believe your last score was 42-0, one and done, Basketball practice time. Do you just keep posting the same thing over and over???

Getting boring???? Last week I asked you to share your infinite football knowledge with all of us. I must have missed it somewhere. What happened? Too busy at the Ford Parts store???

Dwight doesn't work there any more. Don't you pay any attention? The man OWNS you. The least you can do is pay attention when he speaks. He is home playing with himself all the time now and has unlimited time to write his drivel. He does not work there any more. Leave the poor man ALONE. Roll tribe.

Gentlemen, this is really pitiful.

Waco, I am disappointed in you. You were better than this but have significantly slipped this year.