Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

This is what I heard yesterday. It's probably just foof but it sounds pretty cool anyway. The site for the new DB has been chosen. It's in downtown Kingsport. It was chosen in concert with the Downtown Kingsport Organization and with the current BMA's blessing. The whole of Colonial Heights will be annexed. South will become a middle school as will DB. The Kingsport high school will house 4000+ max. Pushing 3000 the day it opens. Being the largest high school in the state at that point it will undoubtedly have an athlete draw unsurpassed in the state. This is a ten year plan. I'll leave it to your imagination who the coaching staff will be. I guess the more believable rumor is the Science Hill rumor. But that still leaves a few years of hiatus.

Neither of us can seem to win a gold ball so might as well let the imagination run wild. Rebels, Indians, Chargers, Pirates, Warriors, RedSkins. So what will the mascot be? :D

Well some of this is tongue-in-cheek but the fact that Kingsport city manager John Campbell has stated that Kingsport plans to annex most of the area within the "smart growth" boundary by around 2020 or 2021 gives this some basis in fact. The same article in the Times-News quoted forcasts that both

Sullivan North and Sullivan South would be down to approximately 350 students each, Sullivan Central would be down to 800 and that the Kingsport City School System would have around 3,400 high school age students in the 2020/2021 time frame. This article ran a few months ago around the same time the city-county school board cooperation initiative was launched. I've heard people kidding around in the stands at S.S. about having to learn the tomahawk chop in a few years. Kinda depressing for me - I grew up in Lynn Garden, still there a lot, and have seen a real loss of identity in that community since the city annexed that part of town. I'd hate to see that happen to the S.S. area too. I can't see Kingsport running a high school with 3,000 + students and D-B has too much invested in the athletic facilities at J-Fred to even come close to trying to duplicate them elsewhere. The Bloomingdale community has done a great job of re-inventing Sullivan North as the second coming of Ketron High School.

What say ye !

I guess alot of you haven't heard. The world is gonna' end in 2012. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Could there be another Sensabaugh coming from the East to join the Indians next year? :thumb:

Congrads to the Sensabaugh playing now for getting all state.Great job Chris :thumb: I'll say this about the younger Sensabaugh coming up from sevier.He is a man child,and will be a beast in a hurry.I hate the off season,I was just watching replays of the season and how many good young players we had this year.Justin is going to keep the defensive end spot at a high level for two more years,and I could see young Sensabaugh playing as a freshman somewhere in the front six.Put that with the other returning players and our up guys could be special.Matter of fact,this could be a special defense all the way around.We have a lot of good young players and the million dollar question will be on the offensive side of the ball.

Could there be another Sensabaugh coming from the East to join the Indians next year? :thumb:

Congrads to the Sensabaugh playing now for getting all state.Great job Chris :thumb: I'll say this about the younger Sensabaugh coming up from sevier.He is a man child,and will be a beast in a hurry.I hate the off season,I was just watching replays of the season and how many good young players we had this year.Justin is going to keep the defensive end spot at a high level for two more years,and I could see young Sensabaugh playing as a freshman somewhere in the front six.Put that with the other returning players and our up guys could be special.Matter of fact,this could be a special defense all the way around.We have a lot of good young players and the million dollar question will be on the offensive side of the ball.

Your right about Chris's brother Batman. But thats not the Sensabaugh Im talking about.

No rolltribe, he's a player. But I wish he was a strenth & conditioning coach. We need a trainer that can build some strength in our players. I haven't heard of a move in that direction though. I remember the Maryville poster that said he couldn't believe how small our team was. I guess that was something they were not used to seeing. The Sensabaugh rumor is still in the rumor stage, but it did come from a reliable source. He's supposed to be a cousin of Jerald Sensabaugh (former DB player and now a safety for the Dallas Cowboys). Living in the DC area and planing on moving to Kingsport in the Summer. Don't know anything else about him. In Kingsport the name Sensabaugh always puts a smile on your face. :angry:

No rolltribe, he's a player. But I wish he was a strenth & conditioning coach. We need a trainer that can build some strength in our players. I haven't heard of a move in that direction though. I remember the Maryville poster that said he couldn't believe how small our team was. I guess that was something they were not used to seeing. The Sensabaugh rumor is still in the rumor stage, but it did come from a reliable source. He's supposed to be a cousin of Jerald Sensabaugh (former DB player and now a safety for the Dallas Cowboys). Living in the DC area and planing on moving to Kingsport in the Summer. Don't know anything else about him. In Kingsport the name Sensabaugh always puts a smile on your face. :angry:
Isn't the Sensabaugh family originally from the Upstate part of S Carolina?

Will Xavier Skaggs be joining him?