Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

No rolltribe, he's a player. But I wish he was a strenth & conditioning coach. We need a trainer that can build some strength in our players. I haven't heard of a move in that direction though. I remember the Maryville poster that said he couldn't believe how small our team was. I guess that was something they were not used to seeing. The Sensabaugh rumor is still in the rumor stage, but it did come from a reliable source. He's supposed to be a cousin of Jerald Sensabaugh (former DB player and now a safety for the Dallas Cowboys). Living in the DC area and planing on moving to Kingsport in the Summer. Don't know anything else about him. In Kingsport the name Sensabaugh always puts a smile on your face. :angry:

Will Xavier Skaggs be joining him?

I don't think Xavier Skaggs would even be in the same Universe.

No rolltribe, he's a player. But I wish he was a strenth & conditioning coach. We need a trainer that can build some strength in our players. I haven't heard of a move in that direction though. I remember the Maryville poster that said he couldn't believe how small our team was. I guess that was something they were not used to seeing. The Sensabaugh rumor is still in the rumor stage, but it did come from a reliable source. He's supposed to be a cousin of Jerald Sensabaugh (former DB player and now a safety for the Dallas Cowboys). Living in the DC area and planing on moving to Kingsport in the Summer. Don't know anything else about him. In Kingsport the name Sensabaugh always puts a smile on your face. :angry:
Isn't the Sensabaugh family originally from the Upstate part of S Carolina?

Well I don't know.

:angry:

Isn't the Sensabaugh family originally from the Upstate part of S Carolina?

Well I don't know.

:angry:

There is another Sensabaugh playing for Clemson (backup DB) I went to Volquest.com, clicked on Tennessee to the FB recruiting 2011 and typed in Sensabaugh. Came up his mom was born in Seneca, SC and he has UT, UNC, and Clemson listed.

:angry:There is another Sensabaugh playing for Clemson (backup DB) I went to Volquest.com, clicked on Tennessee to the FB recruiting 2011 and typed in Sensabaugh. Came up his mom was born in Seneca, SC and he has UT, UNC, and Clemson listed.

That would be Cody, a former member of DB and very good athlete. He had an older brother Jamaar that was destined to be a football standout. Jamaar passed away going into his sophomore year at DB due to leukemia which was unknown to the family. There are many "strains" of the Sensabaugh bloodline in this area, I'm sure they are all related somehow in the family tree. I know some of them personally and I must say this is a very fine family and have always been very gifted athletes.

I was just thinking of how good a program Dobyns-Bennett has in football.This past year was the worst by record in many years for the Tribe.Sure the schedule {seven highly ranked teams}and our youth {very few senior starters}were the reasons,but just think of all the years without those things stacking up against the Tribe.The question that I have no answer for is how can we get to the Red Rebels level and get back to a state contender team like six or eight years ago.Maryville gets so many good athletes from around knoxville and have the coaching staff as well.Even with all that,they were destoryed in the finals.

Batman -

Very good question! Following the embarassing loss at M'ville, I have been thinking of what it would take to get there, as well.

Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head, but really one word sums it up...commitment.

Commitment from the current players to not be outworked in the off season. Stronger, faster, smarter...

Commitment from the school system administration to hire the best athletic director for DB. Commitment from the system admin to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to competing at the highest level. Read: Ensure that coaches at middle school level are qualified and are on same page as high school coaching staff.

Commitment for the AD to hire the best possible coach. Commitment from the AD to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to competing at the highest level.

Commitment from the coach to hire the best possible coaching staff. Commitment from the coaches to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to competing at the highest level. Coaches need to be involved and aware of what is happening in both youth and middle school football.

Community involvement cannot be underestimated.

Batman -

Very good question! Following the embarassing loss at M'ville, I have been thinking of what it would take to get there, as well.

Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head, but really one word sums it up...commitment.

Commitment from the current players to not be outworked in the off season. Stronger, faster, smarter...

Commitment from the school system administration to hire the best athletic director for DB. Commitment from the system admin to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to competing at the highest level. Read: Ensure that coaches at middle school level are qualified and are on same page as high school coaching staff.

Commitment for the AD to hire the best possible coach. Commitment from the AD to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to competing at the highest level.

Commitment from the coach to hire the best possible coaching staff. Commitment from the coaches to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to competing at the highest level. Coaches need to be involved and aware of what is happening in both youth and middle school football.

Community involvement cannot be underestimated.

Very good post rolltribe. A copy of this should be signed by every DB fan young and old, and sent to the school board. From what I've heard lately the school board is where the problem is. Maybe its time to make some changes there?

I was just thinking of how good a program Dobyns-Bennett has in football.This past year was the worst by record in many years for the Tribe.Sure the schedule {seven highly ranked teams}and our youth {very few senior starters}were the reasons,but just think of all the years without those things stacking up against the Tribe.The question that I have no answer for is how can we get to the Red Rebels level and get back to a state contender team like six or eight years ago.Maryville gets so many good athletes from around knoxville and have the coaching staff as well.Even with all that,they were destoryed in the finals.

DB has had tougher schedules in the past and finished the regular season undefeated. The problem this year was to many players that just didn't care. I don't think they even wanted to be at Maryville and it showed. Maryville's team was probably younger than DB this year so we can't use that as an excuse. And by the way, Maryville didn't get destroyed in the finals. They were very much in that game all the way.

Waco,I just didn't think Maryville was near as good as White station.That one young man just pretty much took over the game early for White station.It was 37-20 at one point in the fourth and there was no question in my mind from early in the second who would win.The team that will never get a better chance than they did was my old Devils.When you get by the number 1 team and have all those chances early in the finals,you have to finish the deal.

Waco,I just didn't think Maryville was near as good as White station.That one young man just pretty much took over the game early for White station.It was 37-20 at one point in the fourth and there was no question in my mind from early in the second who would win.The team that will never get a better chance than they did was my old Devils.When you get by the number 1 team and have all those chances early in the finals,you have to finish the deal.

Never say never Batman. Greenville is in a good situation now in 4A. Theres always good players in that area and people are getting behind their program more than ever. Id say they'll be a contender most years.

Rolltribe,I 100% agree with your first statement {commitment of the players in the off season}.Not near enough of the big guys are hitting the weights,and when some of the players got together during the summer to run,everyone should have been there when they could.There is no way that guys less than 200 pounds should be the strongest on the team.I bet money that Chris will be one of the two or three strongest on the bench this year.That's because I know he is already.We have a couple of returners that are pretty strong,but there is no reason why we shouldn't have 10 or 15 benching 300 plus.I can't imagine having a 270 pound boy at home that couldn't bench his own weight five or ten times unless he had health problems.