Bearden at Farragut RD2

cowabungadude

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purty seems to thrive on contact, the more he gets hit the harder he runs. If Hudson ran with a similar body lean he could do the same. Perez is doing better since he's been getting more carries. Browning will probably throw a pick or two. Every game he has one that he totally misreads. Against Ooltewah he had two, should have been four. But, that was way out of character for him, and even if he still has a Ooltewah hangover Farragut can still line up and cram it down Bearden's throat. I don't know if OL Sellers will be back or not. Looked like they put a cast on his hand on the sideline Friday night as if he would go back in, but he never returned. Not sure what the next option is at guard, maybe Miranda???? He started the season at left guard, before Doucette replaced him. I heard some of the Freshman OL have still been practicing with the varsity. Wouldn't that be something, 3 Freshman starting in the OL on a 9-2 6A team in the second round of the playoffs.

Robbie Leonard (#58) filled in for Kevin Sellers against Ooltewah. Robbie has been getting increased playing time the last few weeks at LB, so if Kevin can't go the coaches might, with a week to prepare, prefer Miguel Aranda (#55) or even Clint Callahan (#76). I suppose positions could also be shuffled to work Scott Vance (#77) in somewhere. Vance was the "3rd tackle" Farragut used throughout the 2nd half last week.

Robbie Leonard (#58) filled in for Kevin Sellers against Ooltewah. Robbie has been getting increased playing time the last few weeks at LB, so if Kevin can't go the coaches might, with a week to prepare, prefer Miguel Aranda (#55) or even Clint Callahan (#76). I suppose positions could also be shuffled to work Scott Vance (#77) in somewhere. Vance was the "3rd tackle" Farragut used throughout the 2nd half last week.

Thanks Erik! Always enjoy listening to you call the replay of the games on Sunday Mornings!

Thank you.

Those game replays are a wonderful resource for me to be able to go back and verify my stats. Everyone involved with http://www.farragutfootball.com is a pleasure to be around. They have created and maintained a fantastic website, and it’s great to be associated with folks who are so committed and conscientious. Mark Mowery, Brandon Campbell and Greg Harper are the gentlemen I usually have the privilege of interacting with. When you consider the time they donate and their dedication to getting everything right, it’s rather amazing that none of them have sons -- to my knowledge -- currently playing football at Farragut.

I’m really glad for this group of seniors that they get at least one more opportunity to play at home. I hope they savor it and make it a night to remember. It gets no better than Farragut vs. Bearden.

Great job Farragut on beating the Owls... They were so due to be humbled. After them getting beat by McMinn and then losing on their home field to you guys it was very satisfying for teams in their Region to see them LOSE at Home. Big Hairy Owl, Fish Man, blitz and buk, all needed that loss to realize they were not as good as they thought they were. Thanks again and good luck in future rounds remember stay humble and hungry. :ugeek::blink::blink:

Farragut dials up the defense to try and stop a much healthier Young. A few long runs by Young forces FHS to commit a safety into the box. Bearden's rollout passing game always the QB an easy read on only the one safety. Dinks and dunks FHS to death. Browning forced to play from behind. BHS brings the ends. Sacks, turnovers. Bulldogs advance.

BHS 20 - FHS 17

If Bearden plays like they are capable of, this game could be one for the ages!!! Devrin Young was not healthy last time they played, and that will make a huge difference in this game tommorow night. Bearden will put alot of pressure on Browning and will force the Admirals to go to their run game...which actually worries me alot. Last time around, Bearden's LB, Williamson did not play. He is a difference maker on defense. I plan on getting there early, because there may not be an empty seat in the house. Here is to a replay of the 07' playoff game when the Bulldogs ended the Admirals playoff aspirations!!! Go DAWGS!!!!

I would agree that having Williamson back in the middle on D will definitely change the Bearden defense. But I doubt Young will have a game changing performance unless Farragut flat out does a poor tackling job. Farragut's defense is geared to stop the outside run, and Young is only dangerous outside. If Farragut's defense will stay with their assignments the game should end as almost all the others have in the last 6-7 years. Bearden can still win the game, but it will take an exceptionally poor game by Farragut.