Page at Lexington Round 2

airraid09

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Happened?

Tell us about the game? :|

Was a GREAT game, teams went at each other all night long, a physcial game! and good sportsmanship!

Page was 4th an 1 on the 12 yard line with 1 min left in the game and failed to convert. a great defensive stand by Lexington. Thats it! Someone had to lose.

Like last week Page made one more play then Creek Wood did an won the game, last night Lexington made one more play then Page did and won,

Page played the run up the middle well. Their spread offense had Lex back on their heels to start the game. Result Page took and early 7-0 lead in the 1st. Lex bounced back and answered with some passing mixed in, 7-7 at the half.

Page again takes the lead on a quick drive 14-7. Lex answered with a good methodical drive 14-14.

Teams traded punts and eventually Page was at about their 30 in the 4th and threw a pick which was returned to around the 20. Lex punched it in , 21-14. Page answers with a nice methodical drive into the redzone............come up short on 4th down with a min to go. Lex won 21-14.

Both teams played hard, lots of mistakes on both sides. I thought Lex could have ran more reverses for big gains as Page was selling out to stop the middle. Back side contain was not there especially when Lex put 2 men wide to the other side.

Page had a nice little gadget play that I think was too slick for the refs. I could not tell if it was a backwards pass or not from my angle but if it was the refs cost Page a TD. I wonder if that ball was supposed to hit the ground or not?

Well played from a sportsmanship angle anyway.

Page had a nice little gadget play that I think was too slick for the refs. I could not tell if it was a backwards pass or not from my angle but if it was the refs cost Page a TD. I wonder if that ball was supposed to hit the ground or not?

Well played from a sportsmanship angle anyway.

The bounce pass was a forward pass that I am sure was supposed to be a lateral or backwards. I am not sure if the bounce was planned or not. There was debate in our seats on whether is was supposed to be bounced and a lateral to throw off the defense and think it was incomplete to allow the completion. Nonetheless, it was an incomplete forward pass.

Game was great..........mistakes were made..........Lexington moves on and fans I met were good folks and it was a clean game....the "lateral"...I don't know if I want to see that on film. I talked to one guy by the concession stand area and he said Lexington had some really good athletes but not enough overall players to get this far so folks there are a little surprised. They were better than SS was year and they were a #1 seed

Last minute was nerve wracking but we could not pull it out. I sure wish we could have cut down on mistakes but our effort was outstanding

Page had a GREAT year and I want to thank the players and coaches for their efforts and a special thank you to the Seniors on the squad. You were very close to a rematch with GC.

I am proud of you all.

Lexington was as nice as folks could be and their team played hard as well. I wish them luck but I will be rooting for our Middle TN teams ALL the way to the finals. It has been pointed out to me that I have rode on other teams coattails when my team is out.....well....get ready because it will happen again this year.

Lexington will provide a challenge to GC but...like I said earlier this year...it looks like GC is a cut above everyone else.

Mexican food was great....but gave me Montezuma's revenge a little.

What did the refs miss? I know I saw a couple of things, but what did you see that was so blatant?

Great season Page. Can't help but think if you played them 10 more times, you'd win out, but thats the way it goes. There is no defense against blind zebras. Sit back and take pride in your accomplishments, and come back strong next year.