Dobyns-Bennett offseason thread

w1ldcat

We in Oak Ridge have a lot of respect for the DB Program and have enjoyed playing them over the years and a lot of us missed playing them this year, but that is the way the schedule worked out. We have experienced a couple of down years here and know how DB fans feel. Sometimes, you just don't have the talent and when I watched DB and Farragut this year, that is the impression I had coming away from the game about DB. Their lines seemed smaller then usual, they did not have the normal speed they usually have, especially at receiver and defensive back and their QB play was not consistent. Sensabaugh is a great running back, but he had a tough time running against Farragut behind that line. I know Graham Clark is a good coach and a great guy. I think if he can get the talent level up, DB will be good again. Every several years, you just get a year that you don't have it, DB had one of these this year. Some have brought up playoff losses, well, McMinn was a pretty good team last year, and a couple of years they lost to us in the playoffs, 2003 and 2004, but they were a great team both those years and in both seasons had beaten us. So hang in there, they will be better. We are coming back, but it doesn't happen overnight, sometimes it rides on a special class coming through.

You guys have a great place to watch a football game and I love that pregame walk off the hill.I hope we can both get back to strenth soon and everything will be the way it should be.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clark what a joke :thumb:

Now that is funny..............comming from a South fan no less! :D:?:

clark is a joke his stupid jokes are stupid just like him DB will never win state as long as clark is there... oh by the way i dont like south dude.....i'm a happy valley player

So that's why you call yourself RebelsFan2. I guess you must be an Ole Miss fan..........LOL.

This thread is motivation for staying in the playoffs as long as possible. When football fans no longer have a team in the play-offs, they resort to this. Hang in there guys...September is just around the corner!...well, it's around the corner and down the street. :thumb:

It's a year around zoo up here,we could still be playing and it wouldn't matter.I said last year when the changes were made that this would be the much bigger test for your Red Rebels {semi finals}.DB lost to Redbank in this round {21-13}during the 2000 season that they finished in the nations top ten.The 2001 year, Riverdale had a great seaon and finished in the nations top ten.The big boy post really does fit well on your thread,this is Maryville's time to get the respect they deserve from all parts of the state.Good luck to you guys.