Dobyns-Bennett offseason thread

w1ldcat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seabolt is who comes to my mind first..but if seabolt is kept is kept at WR then there are a lot of younger options...anderson, cook, or foreman..

Barger is another name to throw in the hat. DB actually had three good QB's on the freshman team this year and all can play more than one position. Don't know which one has the best arm. I don't think Seabolt has the arm to throw the long ball down field but is pretty good on the short stuff. Seabolt is a very good athlete though and will probably be on the field on every play next year at some position. My vote right now goes to Foreman.

I really like next years team,if we can keep it all together.After watching the teams this weekend,playing more of our skill players both ways doesn't look like a bad ideal.I thought Roop was one of our better athletes this year,and did see a lot of QB's on defense.So maybe we will see more guys like Chris playing both ways a little more.Our linebackers should be very good,so maybe Chris on back there with Sean and Derrick might happen.I don't know how the QB will work out,but there are lot of good young players

Foreman and Cook both will get looks. Foreman is very quick and Cook has a strong arm. Each can play though. Would like to see one of these be QB and have 1 QB for the next 3 years. Lots of good young talent coming up but will need some size to go with the skill players. They all need to hit the weight room to make a serious run since road to state title goes through Maryville from now on. Next few years should be good for DB football.

Foreman and Cook both will get looks. Foreman is very quick and Cook has a strong arm. Each can play though. Would like to see one of these be QB and have 1 QB for the next 3 years. Lots of good young talent coming up but will need some size to go with the skill players. They all need to hit the weight room to make a serious run since road to state title goes through Maryville from now on. Next few years should be good for DB football.

From what I remember there was pretty good size on this years freshman team. I think there is a different attitude with this group than what we've seen the past two years. So I think (hope) they will hit the weight room pretty hard. Things are looking up for the future.

There is no question that we have to get more than a handfull of linemen lifting on their own.If the guys can't rep their weight on the bench a few times ,then they have a whole lot of work to do.Maryville is big and young,so DB has to work twice as hard right now.

Congrads to number 71 Patrick on getting picked for the east-west game,as well as signing to play at the next level at coastal carolina.I think we have a couple more that are interested in playing college ball and hope it works out for them as well.Number 1 guys,is get your degree because one in a million will make any money playing football and enjoy the game as long as you play .For those seniors like Action that have no interest in playing college ball,good luck in school next year as well.Maybe we will see a few of you on the sideines in the future. :roflolk:

Congrads to number 71 Patrick on getting picked for the east-west game,as well as signing to play at the next level at coastal carolina.I think we have a couple more that are interested in playing college ball and hope it works out for them as well.Number 1 guys,is get your degree because one in a million will make any money playing football and enjoy the game as long as you play .For those seniors like Action that have no interest in playing college ball,good luck in school next year as well.Maybe we will see a few of you on the sideines in the future. :thumb:

Action? :wacko: