Class AA Mr. Football Finalist Announced

GCPioneer

OK. Since I got your attention and hopefully GC, what has happened to their team. I haven't followed them much lately, so I guess I'm a little lost as to how they ended up so bad this year. Are they really that bad or was this just a bad year with tough competition. Hate to see that program continually struggle from its conception.

Gibson Co. has never been a "football school". However, this year, expectations were actually up quite a bit as we had all of our athletes back from last year including one, Sherrod Johnson, who has D1 interest from 3-4 different colleges (Memphis, MTSU, UNLV, Troy) as a DB. We did lose a big chunk of the OLine last year to graduation, however, with our new offense that we had put in this year, the OLine would be doing more pass blocking than actually being the stronger man and opening up holes for the RB. After the Humboldt game in week 0, in what was actually a very great game with GC losing 34-20, GC had several key injuries to several defensive players as well as some of our WR's who are much needed in the offense that we ran. We weren't a 0-10 team, however key injuries did put us there. However, I NEVER COMPLAINED ON HERE that GC had a much smaller enrollment as well as much smaller players compared to the teams we were playing such as Ripley, Crockett Co., Obion Co. etc... However, volsfan007, got on here week after week after week crying about how his little ole Greenfield school had to play against Union City, Humboldt, Huntingdon etc... and that they should be playing 2A football etc. Me as well as several others got tired of listening to it and let him know about it. Now, ole hufstedler, has come to defense of his boy volsfan007. I'm honestly not worried about this guy as he is most likely clueless about the game of football and has probably never played a down of real football in his life.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Since I got your attention and hopefully GC, what has happened to their team. I haven't followed them much lately, so I guess I'm a little lost as to how they ended up so bad this year. Are they really that bad or was this just a bad year with tough competition. Hate to see that program continually struggle from its conception.

Gibson Co. has never been a "football school". However, this year, expectations were actually up quite a bit as we had all of our athletes back from last year including one, Sherrod Johnson, who has D1 interest from 3-4 different colleges (Memphis, MTSU, UNLV, Troy) as a DB. We did lose a big chunk of the OLine last year to graduation, however, with our new offense that we had put in this year, the OLine would be doing more pass blocking than actually being the stronger man and opening up holes for the RB. After the Humboldt game in week 0, in what was actually a very great game with GC losing 34-20, GC had several key injuries to several defensive players as well as some of our WR's who are much needed in the offense that we ran. We weren't a 0-10 team, however key injuries did put us there. However, I NEVER COMPLAINED ON HERE that GC had a much smaller enrollment as well as much smaller players compared to the teams we were playing such as Ripley, Crockett Co., Obion Co. etc... However, volsfan007, got on here week after week after week crying about how his little ole Greenfield school had to play against Union City, Humboldt, Huntingdon etc... and that they should be playing 2A football etc. Me as well as several others got tired of listening to it and let him know about it. Now, ole hufstedler, has come to defense of his boy volsfan007. I'm honestly not worried about this guy as he is most likely clueless about the game of football and has probably never played a down of real football in his life.

Dude you are doing it now. You are an 0-10 team. You are who your record says you are. If you only knew how many people laughed at the start of the season when you were talking playoffs. lol

I do know a little bit about football, and if you went to GC then you have not played a down of real football in your life. lol

You were mad because little ole Greenfield shut you guys out. That told the tale of your season before it ever started. Hey, Greenfield won more games than you guys did. Now that is funny.

I will take the QB from Giles County, Bo Wallace. Just to save you some research time he rushed 16 times for 215 yards and had 140 at the half and he also went 8 for 8 passing, and oh yeah filled in at middle LB for and injured player, and all this playing David Lipscomb. Go to the Tennessean and read for yourself.

Ohh no! Your talking about a mediocre Lipscomb team. This was not an obvious D.L. powerhouse team of old. That would be like priding yourself of beating Florida during the Ron Zook era.

I will take the QB from Giles County, Bo Wallace. Just to save you some research time he rushed 16 times for 215 yards and had 140 at the half and he also went 8 for 8 passing, and oh yeah filled in at middle LB for and injured player, and all this playing David Lipscomb. Go to the Tennessean and read for yourself.

Ohh no! Your talking about a mediocre Lipscomb team. This was not an obvious D.L. powerhouse team of old. That would be like priding yourself of beating Florida during the Ron Zook era.

Now that is funny :thumb::|

So who are you taking, knowitallvol ?

Huff,

It sounds like GC is whining and crying over the injuries to me, too. Also, it sounds like he actually thinks that Gibson Co. would have won some games if they hadnt had the injuries. lol. Every team has injuries. Greenfield had injuries. Milan has had injuries. Everyone had had injuries. GC, when you have injuries, you just have to suck it up and play thru them. Whining and crying about all your injuries doesnt help anything. Everyone plays with who've they got.

BTW, GC, I guess you are conveniently forgetting that at the scrimmage between GC and Greenfield, we also had 3 players out. One of them was the best lineman on the team. I told you that back then. We still beat yall. Little ole 1A Greenfield beat 3A GC. And, if we played yall 6 times, we'd probably have beaten yall 6 times!

According to your twin Winchell, DL s record was from playing in the states toughest district....Quite the revisionist historian aren't you.

Even your own peers have stated that the schedule G.C. has played has been extremely lack luster!!!!!

lets see...you joined friday and had a quick conversation with MikeI'mjealousofBoWinchell and are now bashing GC players. Sounds mighty suspiscious. :popcorneater:

The creativeness in your nicknames is diminishing IwannaBelikeMike. I wish that you would realize that I only have one account. If I were the man coming up with all of the Ironman accounts, don't you think Coacht would know and get rid of me all together??? Of course you probably didn't think about that.