Freezing Up?

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, has been for the last couple of weeks for me, actually.

I'm not tech headed enough to understand it all, but I believe it has something to do with the adservers that the site uses and the different pop up blockers/spyware programs that we all use. Apparently they don't play very well together.

My guess is bandwidth/usage/server capacity. It it a big waste of money to have capacity to handle a large peak usage time all the time when most of the time your usage is a lot less. Friday of football playoff weekend is peak usage time, but coach t probably has to draw a line on just how much peak usage capability he can handle/afford. Just a guess..... You are probably freezing up because someone beat ya to the spot of free server/bandwidth left :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks guys I was worried it was just my desk top and lap top and tonight the only way I will be able to follow the games is the lap top unfortunately.

Is it a possibility that all the Coach Shad interviews are overloading the band width? I am asking honestly because I am NOT a techee also and only noticed it happening when they started hitting the boards. If it is can all of them other than the current one be taken off so we can access? I am sure folks want to access them so why not just post a link to a site at Blackman to host them and let the county pick up the tab?

My guess is bandwidth/usage/server capacity. It it a big waste of money to have capacity to handle a large peak usage time all the time when most of the time your usage is a lot less. Friday of football playoff weekend is peak usage time, but coach t probably has to draw a line on just how much peak usage capability he can handle/afford. Just a guess..... You are probably freezing up because someone beat ya to the spot of free server/bandwidth left :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I think you are exactly right david. This is an intermittent problem occuring at peak times. I am having the same problem.