Region 1 Wrestling

HULK123

Justin Anderson has done a great job with the wrestling program at Jeff Co. Hats off to the team Coach Hollingshead (IF WRONG NAME SORRY) find something to do besides wrestling nothing personal. Anderson works his butt off and gets no credit. Anderson is not going to say anything because he is that type of guy. He does it for the kids nothing else. What happened to Watkins was has he quit helping I saw him sitting in the stands, why was he not coaching? Good luck Patriots

Having been around the Partriot program for quite sometime I must say that I have heard nothing but the opposite since this fine duo has assumed the helm of this program. From parents, fans, students, athletes, other coaches and refs. I have not heard one harsh word spoken about either. Each have their own areas of expertise and seem to gel quite nicely. The credit, if any given, should go to all the coaches, parents, but ultimatley the student athletes. Without their commitment there would be no program with any measure of success. There is no question that these two coaches have the best interest of their athletes at heart. Dedicating their own personal time to transport wrestlers who do not have a ride, to open up the mat room impromptu because a few of the guys want an extra work out or need to cut weight and constantly checking on the health status of their athletes. I know the wrestlers have the utmost respect and love for these two individuals. That is what drives them to do their best. Good luck in the Region Duals!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect intended I just want Coach Anderson to know that I am proud of him and I did not mean anything towards Coach Hollingshead good luck patriots. When and were are Region duals?

None taken. These two have brought this program to a competitive level and have a vested interest. My understanding is they could fill every weight class two, and in some cases threefold if need be. That speaks volumes for their dedication and work ethic.

There is really only two returning medalists in Region 1 this year?!.... It's hard to believe that SH doesn't have any. But I'm willing to bet that they will end this season with a good handful. They have a great, hard working crew!

bwm: South has a few kids that standout because of their desire to work hard in the off-season.... They have a lot of heart, and outstanding parent support! However, it seems to me that they are lacking a head coach that can take his mouth of the whistle long enough to coach some wrestling. I have a close connection with that wrestling community and hope that they are able to get a step in the right direction, because the kids and the parents love the sport and deserve it!

donestuck: There is actually 1 more Myers after Cody! 4 boys to be exact!..... However Jacob (the youngest) hates wrestling! He has been going to tournaments for years and years, but is still much more interested in exploring new schools and making friends with all the hospitality workers! :flower:

So unless Jacob randomly gets the itch in the next couple of years, Region 1 will be free of Myers wrestlers in 3 years.

We would all like to say Congrats to Coach George "Buzzy" Mann on getting his 300th coaching

win last night at Jeff. County. Great job coach it could not have came at a better time with

a state birth on the line. Congrats to The Hill it was never in doubt who was No. 1 the other

spot was up in the air. Congrats to Jefferson County and Morristown West on good dual seasons. We all know that The Toppers and The Indians will represent region 1 well at The

State Duals. :thumb::ph34r: