Greeneville at Red Bank Round 3

DevilMan03

Hey jwc, if you're going to throw so many numbers out there you can't leave this one out. Red Bank fans say how Greeneville's schedule is week. Well their strenghth of schedule is ranked 18th in the state to Red Bank's whopping 59th.

Hey my friend, I love your rankings ! Now just were did you get them from? I quoted my rankings from the Nationally known and accepted "MASSEY RATING" I just wonder if yours came from out of the air or some Greeneville fan? Can your rankings be found in the internet? Just wonderin. But hey that is what makes this game all the better. I'm sure we will both be there Friday night and a big welcome to the Lion Den.

They're right here on this site under schedule rankings. A site devoted to Tennessee football and may know a little more about what this state has to offer. Guess is, your site's writers couldn't name a Tennessee team off the top of their head without having to look something up other than maybe Maryville or possibly Alcoa. Stick to the state not some nationally known site that has never heard of Greeneville or Red Bank.

That has some truth to it. See you Friday!

I don't think Greeneville will pull this one out. Greeneville#1 says how good the defence is but its not as good as he thinks. They have gave up a few points against SG and ya some Greeneville fan will say its because of the 2nd string. Member to play redbank you have to have fresh players in so they might be in a pickle come friday night.

Redbank-28

Greeneville-14

I don't think Greeneville will pull this one out. Greeneville#1 says how good the defence is but its not as good as he thinks. They have gave up a few points against SG and ya some Greeneville fan will say its because of the 2nd string. Member to play redbank you have to have fresh players in so they might be in a pickle come friday night.

Redbank-28

Greeneville-14

Man Greeneville can play 4 quaters and then some and dominate! They have done this so many times. I mean thats how they played in 4a for many years. They are ready and are looking forward to knocking off Ole Red :roflol:

Redbank-28

Greeneville-14

Greeneville became accustomed to playing against superior numbers while playing up in AAAA IMAC against schools nearly twice our size. MoWest for example often had as many as 100 players on the sidelines on any given night.Conditioning became the cornerstone of the Greeneville game years ago when it became apparent that some players would play both ways for the entire game. Most of our conference games this year saw JV and freshmen in the second half....not second string. Tell me though, how did Tyner and Boyd Buchannan manage to stay with RB....superior numbers? I rather doubt it.

Greeneville became accustomed to playing against superior numbers while playing up in AAAA IMAC against schools nearly twice our size. MoWest for example often had as many as 100 players on the sidelines on any given night.Conditioning became the cornerstone of the Greeneville game years ago when it became apparent that some players would play both ways for the entire game. Most of our conference games this year saw JV and freshmen in the second half....not second string. Tell me though, how did Tyner and Boyd Buchannan manage to stay with RB....superior numbers? I rather doubt it.

My question is what happens when newer players who never played an IMAC schedule begin to take the field. I know this is a couple years down the road, but do the Devils still dominate NET football?

ive seen the red bank and fulton film. RB is a good team (best team greeneville has faced this year) but, fulton made alot of mistakes and their defense didnt look very strong...... #4 is very good , but definetly not a trevon hall. He will not run over Gvilles defense like he has been doing to other teams.... there D is fast and strong and in great shape. If greeneville can get there offense going, this will be a great game :roflol: . The winner will more than likely be the state champion.

Gville 24

Red bank 21

ive seen the red bank and fulton film. RB is a good team (best team greeneville has faced this year) but, fulton made alot of mistakes and their defense didnt look very strong...... #4 is very good , but definetly not a trevon hall. He will not run over Gvilles defense like he has been doing to other teams.... there D is fast and strong and in great shape. If greeneville can get there offense going, this will be a great game :roflol: . The winner will more than likely be the state champion.

Gville 24

Red bank 21

I'm sure Maplewood, Whites Creek, Giles Co., Lexington, Liberty, and Crocket Co. would have something to say about that.

Gville 24

Red bank 21

I'm sure Maplewood, Whites Creek, Giles Co., Lexington, Liberty, and Crocket Co. would have something to say about that.

agreed, I think we forget that we are usually still playing teams we are familiar with by the quarter-finals and forget there's still another round before the finals.....

ok i'm gonna be straight with everyone...i'm sure almost everyone already knows i'm actually a greeveville defencsive starter...and when i read this it gets me upset cause i'm sure all these people that are sayin we can't hang have never seen us play, we work harder than most teams if not all...yes no doubt red bank will be the biggest game we have played all year and yes the winner of this game will more than likely be state champs...but red bank doesn't need to count us out...we have a nag for beating undefeated teams and putting them out of the playoffs in the third round (sullivan south last year)...and as for their offense being a track meet and them thinkin we cant hang well i promise you greeneville will not run out of steam...we have conditioned way to much for that and everyone is in great shape...IMO that was a big factor in the last fridays game, brainerd got tired and it showed but the devils just kept rolling...yes the devils will have to a much better game than they played this previous friday but our defense will hold out as usual and if our offense can get rolling then red bank might be in trouble...its my senior so i'm going to be putting everything on the line this coming friday and so will all of my team mate...they know how important this game is...good luck to red bank, i'm sure it'll be a blood bath that will come down to the end of the game.

You should not be on these boards if your a player.

ok i'm gonna be straight with everyone...i'm sure almost everyone already knows i'm actually a greeveville defencsive starter...and when i read this it gets me upset cause i'm sure all these people that are sayin we can't hang have never seen us play, we work harder than most teams if not all...yes no doubt red bank will be the biggest game we have played all year and yes the winner of this game will more than likely be state champs...but red bank doesn't need to count us out...we have a nag for beating undefeated teams and putting them out of the playoffs in the third round (sullivan south last year)...and as for their offense being a track meet and them thinkin we cant hang well i promise you greeneville will not run out of steam...we have conditioned way to much for that and everyone is in great shape...IMO that was a big factor in the last fridays game, brainerd got tired and it showed but the devils just kept rolling...yes the devils will have to a much better game than they played this previous friday but our defense will hold out as usual and if our offense can get rolling then red bank might be in trouble...its my senior so i'm going to be putting everything on the line this coming friday and so will all of my team mate...they know how important this game is...good luck to red bank, i'm sure it'll be a blood bath that will come down to the end of the game.

You should not be on these boards if your a player.

I'm sure Coach Ballard will get Mr. Church squared away tomorrow morning, IF he hasn't done so already.

They're right here on this site under schedule rankings. A site devoted to Tennessee football and may know a little more about what this state has to offer. Guess is, your site's writers couldn't name a Tennessee team off the top of their head without having to look something up other than maybe Maryville or possibly Alcoa. Stick to the state not some nationally known site that has never heard of Greeneville or Red Bank.

Nice try buddy. The Massey Ratings are based on a formula established by a math professor (Kenneth Massey) at Carson-Newman. Last time I checked, that's located in Jeff Co., a team Greeneville played this year.

Nice try buddy. The Massey Ratings are based on a formula established by a math professor (Kenneth Massey) at Carson-Newman. Last time I checked, that's located in Jeff Co., a team Greeneville played this year.

Isn't that the guy who has some input to how the BCS works? How has that worked out in the past few years? My thing is, I'm not a math guy. I don't do well with formulas and equations. When you start adding math to football too many things south. I was just proving a point agianst jwc. Numbers aren't everything. Pads, prepreation, and heart play a role. But good thing a guy with a doctorate in mathmatics knows football. Maybe he should stick to teaching students.