Greeneville at Red Bank Round 3

DevilMan03

Here is the thing. I dont know why both schools are so sure about winning this game! I understand being confident, but there is a differance between confidence and cockiness! I feel confident that if Red Bank comes out and plays like they are capable of on friday they will win. I am just not sure how good Greenville is. I know all Greenville fans are going to say they are great like Red Bank fans will say, but im not sure about their schedule. Chucky Doake? never heard of half the teams they have played. Im not disin those teams but I just feel that it is not a very strong or even good competition! Im not sure because we have not matched up with anyone in that area in a while. We always matched up with the Knox region in West, Maryville, and those schools! They are traditioinally pretty good! I dunno just my thoughts!

I can see where some Greeneville fans are perceived as cocky, but I don't think that's really the case. Well, maybe with an exception or two. There is no doubt that Greeneville is the underdog here. We are not supposed to win this game. But, we've been in this situation several times the last few years and even going back into ancient history and managed to pull a few off. So, it just comes down to this: If you think you CAN'T win, then you are probably right. I'm just hoping for a good game, and of course I'm hoping for a Greeneville victory.

Here is the thing. I dont know why both schools are so sure about winning this game! I understand being confident, but there is a differance between confidence and cockiness! I feel confident that if Red Bank comes out and plays like they are capable of on friday they will win. I am just not sure how good Greenville is. I know all Greenville fans are going to say they are great like Red Bank fans will say, but im not sure about their schedule. Chucky Doake? never heard of half the teams they have played. Im not disin those teams but I just feel that it is not a very strong or even good competition! Im not sure because we have not matched up with anyone in that area in a while. We always matched up with the Knox region in West, Maryville, and those schools! They are traditioinally pretty good! I dunno just my thoughts!

This is the first year we have played many of the teams in our new conference, and granted, they would not be much of a match-up for Red Bank. But please forgive us if we fail to be impressed with what we've seen from your conference....I mean we beat Central and Brainerd almost as bad as we beat West Greene and South Greene and our Freshman QB got his snaps in both games along with reserves so I would say you all have about as much parity in your district schedule as we do.... one REALLY good team dominating the rest... But this is the play-offs baby so it all starts over every week....win and advance....GO DEVILS

ok i'm gonna be straight with everyone...i'm sure almost everyone already knows i'm actually a greeveville defencsive starter...and when i read this it gets me upset cause i'm sure all these people that are sayin we can't hang have never seen us play, we work harder than most teams if not all...yes no doubt red bank will be the biggest game we have played all year and yes the winner of this game will more than likely be state champs...but red bank doesn't need to count us out...we have a nag for beating undefeated teams and putting them out of the playoffs in the third round (sullivan south last year)...and as for their offense being a track meet and them thinkin we cant hang well i promise you greeneville will not run out of steam...we have conditioned way to much for that and everyone is in great shape...IMO that was a big factor in the last fridays game, brainerd got tired and it showed but the devils just kept rolling...yes the devils will have to a much better game than they played this previous friday but our defense will hold out as usual and if our offense can get rolling then red bank might be in trouble...its my senior so i'm going to be putting everything on the line this coming friday and so will all of my team mate...they know how important this game is...good luck to red bank, i'm sure it'll be a blood bath that will come down to the end of the game.

Hey Brock, shouldn't you be in class at this time on a Monday morning? :popcorneater:

Didn't we play a few years ago a team from West Virginia loaded with merceneries and a guy who plays running back on Sundays now? I think we slowed him down. We did not stop him but we were pretty hard on the other 10. They never called back. nice game Devils :popcorneater: . Win or lose this Friday the Devils won't back down or lay down regardless of the score. I am not impressed with Chatt. Football over all, but I am highly impressed with Red Bank so there is your due. :roflol:

Are you talking about Graham VA??? that would have been Ahmad Bradshaw......

I know it's been a few years but they've also seen Jason Whitten, Little Man Stewart and Todd Collins and several DI college players that didn't quite make it to Sundays, BTW I heard Gerald Riggs had a little brother I'm assumming should be playing at Red Bank? Any trith to that Lion?

Didn't we play a few years ago a team from West Virginia loaded with merceneries and a guy who plays running back on Sundays now? I think we slowed him down. We did not stop him but we were pretty hard on the other 10. They never called back. nice game Devils :popcorneater: . Win or lose this Friday the Devils won't back down or lay down regardless of the score. I am not impressed with Chatt. Football over all, but I am highly impressed with Red Bank so there is your due. :roflol:

Are you talking about Graham VA??? that would have been Ahmad Bradshaw......

I know it's been a few years but they've also seen Jason Whitten, Little Man Stewart and Todd Collins and several DI college players that didn't quite make it to Sundays, BTW I heard Gerald Riggs had a little brother I'm assumming should be playing at Red Bank? Any trith to that Lion?

I think your talking about Cody Riggs but he plays for St. Thomas Aquinas out of FL and is ranked the 8th best db in the nation. If he played for Red Bank then we would be in real trouble

This is the first year we have played many of the teams in our new conference, and granted, they would not be much of a match-up for Red Bank. But please forgive us if we fail to be impressed with what we've seen from your conference....I mean we beat Central and Brainerd almost as bad as we beat West Greene and South Greene and our Freshman QB got his snaps in both games along with reserves so I would say you all have about as much parity in your district schedule as we do.... one REALLY good team dominating the rest... But this is the play-offs baby so it all starts over every

This is really good...I like all of this unknowns...I like the emotional part of the pre-game and in the play offs it starts just as some as you know who you will play the next Friday night. Then the hype starts all over. The hoping, the second guessing. This is High School Football at it's best. I really feel bad for the team the loses and must return to the locker room and hang it up. BUT that is why we play the game.

We look forward to Greeneville coming to Red Bank Friday. It's a long trip and hope you have a safe round trip. Reguardless of who wins or loses for both teams it will have been a good season. There will be a lot of "IF" to debate for years to come. Memories that will never be for gotten by all.

I am of course a RB Fan. We are not unbeatable. Just that no one has been able to beat yet this year.

I have always said "Do the math." Some make fun of me for believing in all of that stuff. But, That has is what this world has been build upon. The math states:

Massey Ratings - For all 337 teams in TN - Rank Schedule Off Def Power

Red Bank 14 115 11 41 17

Greeneville 66 155 27 105 55

Fulton 80 117 70 108 81

Brainerd 115 176 129 133 131

Gibbs 190 214 158 212 189

Looking at this assessment - RB's Schedule is 2 points stronger than Fulton and 40 points over Greeneville's and we want discuss Brainerd or Gibbs. RB's Off is only 16 points stronger than Greeneville and they were 59 points stronger than Fulton. Now this is a big difference and is a major plus for the boys from Greeneville and something that RB need to deal with. Then the Defenive Unit, RB is 64 points stronger on "D" than Greeneville. Now Greeneville is only 3 points stronger on "D" than Fulton. This could be a major problem for Greenevill. Fulton giving up 55 points to RB last week. So some could think that maybe Greeneville will give up 50+ points to RB. Or maybe RB can continue with their weekly offensive average output of 43 points per game for 12 games so far. Now that is hard to do with a strong schedule. RB's Defense is ranked 41 and I guess that is good to compare to 105/108. Then the Power ranking: RB @ 17 / Greeneville @ 55 / Fulton @ 81?

All I am saying do the math and come play the game for 48 mins. or 2,880 seconds!

Let's have a good game and looking forward to two good teams playing in a game that no one will forget.

There are othe rankings that basically they all show the same or similar strength and success ranking.

But don't forget no one wins before the game is started by the rankings. This game will be a heart braker for the teams that loses. (12-1) or (9-4) is a good season.

week....win and advance....GO DEVILS

This is the first year we have played many of the teams in our new conference, and granted, they would not be much of a match-up for Red Bank. But please forgive us if we fail to be impressed with what we've seen from your conference....I mean we beat Central and Brainerd almost as bad as we beat West Greene and South Greene and our Freshman QB got his snaps in both games along with reserves so I would say you all have about as much parity in your district schedule as we do.... one REALLY good team dominating the rest... But this is the play-offs baby so it all starts over every

This is really good...I like all of this unknowns...I like the emotional part of the pre-game and in the play offs it starts just as some as you know who you will play the next Friday night. Then the hype starts all over. The hoping, the second guessing. This is High School Football at it's best. I really feel bad for the team the loses and must return to the locker room and hang it up. BUT that is why we play the game.

We look forward to Greeneville coming to Red Bank Friday. It's a long trip and hope you have a safe round trip. Reguardless of who wins or loses for both teams it will have been a good season. There will be a lot of "IF" to debate for years to come. Memories that will never be for gotten by all.

I am of course a RB Fan. We are not unbeatable. Just that no one has been able to beat yet this year.

I have always said "Do the math." Some make fun of me for believing in all of that stuff. But, That has is what this world has been build upon. The math states:

Massey Ratings - For all 337 teams in TN - Rank Schedule Off Def Power

Red Bank 14 115 11 41 17

Greeneville 66 155 27 105 55

Fulton 80 117 70 108 81

Brainerd 115 176 129 133 131

Gibbs 190 214 158 212 189

Looking at this assessment - RB's Schedule is 2 points stronger than Fulton and 40 points over Greeneville's and we want discuss Brainerd or Gibbs. RB's Off is only 16 points stronger than Greeneville and they were 59 points stronger than Fulton. Now this is a big difference and is a major plus for the boys from Greeneville and something that RB need to deal with. Then the Defenive Unit, RB is 64 points stronger on "D" than Greeneville. Now Greeneville is only 3 points stronger on "D" than Fulton. This could be a major problem for Greenevill. Fulton giving up 55 points to RB last week. So some could think that maybe Greeneville will give up 50+ points to RB. Or maybe RB can continue with their weekly offensive average output of 43 points per game for 12 games so far. Now that is hard to do with a strong schedule. RB's Defense is ranked 41 and I guess that is good to compare to 105/108. Then the Power ranking: RB @ 17 / Greeneville @ 55 / Fulton @ 81?

All I am saying do the math and come play the game for 48 mins. or 2,880 seconds!

Let's have a good game and looking forward to two good teams playing in a game that no one will forget.

There are othe rankings that basically they all show the same or similar strength and success ranking.

But don't forget no one wins before the game is started by the rankings. This game will be a heart braker for the teams that loses. (12-1) or (9-4) is a good season.

week....win and advance....GO DEVILS

You have way too much time on you hands math geek......

Hey jwc, if you're going to throw so many numbers out there you can't leave this one out. Red Bank fans say how Greeneville's schedule is week. Well their strenghth of schedule is ranked 18th in the state to Red Bank's whopping 59th.

Hey my friend, I love your rankings ! Now just were did you get them from? I quoted my rankings from the Nationally known and accepted "MASSEY RATING" I just wonder if yours came from out of the air or some Greeneville fan? Can your rankings be found in the internet? Just wonderin. But hey that is what makes this game all the better. I'm sure we will both be there Friday night and a big welcome to the Lion Den.

I think your talking about Cody Riggs but he plays for St. Thomas Aquinas out of FL and is ranked the 8th best db in the nation. If he played for Red Bank then we would be in real trouble

Will some brothers have more or less talent than the otherone. St Thomas Aquinas is one of the best high school footbal teams in the nation. I did live in Bradenton, FL and that area is full of nationally ranked football programs. Manatee Co of Bradenton and Vince high in Vince, FL are two that I did know a few years ago. Both of them are nationally rank again this year. Seens like TN never has a nationally ranked team. But we just keep producing great talent.

Hey jwc, if you're going to throw so many numbers out there you can't leave this one out. Red Bank fans say how Greeneville's schedule is week. Well their strenghth of schedule is ranked 18th in the state to Red Bank's whopping 59th.

Hey my friend, I love your rankings ! Now just were did you get them from? I quoted my rankings from the Nationally known and accepted "MASSEY RATING" I just wonder if yours came from out of the air or some Greeneville fan? Can your rankings be found in the internet? Just wonderin. But hey that is what makes this game all the better. I'm sure we will both be there Friday night and a big welcome to the Lion Den.

They're right here on this site under schedule rankings. A site devoted to Tennessee football and may know a little more about what this state has to offer. Guess is, your site's writers couldn't name a Tennessee team off the top of their head without having to look something up other than maybe Maryville or possibly Alcoa. Stick to the state not some nationally known site that has never heard of Greeneville or Red Bank.