Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a post earlier asking us from Betsy if we have REALLY beaten anybody. And if we are honest we have to say no. We have a great football tradition and we have a lot to be proud of, however, the big game has always seemed to slip away from our grasp. I played with coach witten back in the 90s and we were a darn good football team. We accomplished a lot and beat a lot of good teams here in NET. We took Maryville down to the wire in the semis and lost to Knox Central in ot in the semis the next year. Two games that could have easily gone our way. Let's also concede that the best football in the state is played in the knoxville area, specifically Blount County. But here's the difference. EHS has typically had enrollment around 800 students now we are around 700. We were, in the past, competing against schools that had up to 1500 students ie Maryville, KNox Central, Tenn High and others. So while we haven't won an important game against a Knox area team, we are finally playing a knox area team with similar enrollment. I have seen a little of AE and they look like a very impressive football team. I believe AE and Asheville have similar team speed. Betsy will be ready as will AE. Gonna be a great high school football game. If the Cyclones can get the win, it will arguably be the biggest win in our recent history. But if we fail to win this team still has a lot to be proud of. Here's to a good game.

Go Cyclones

Good luck to both teams. This will definitely be a hard fought 4quarter game. Im sure both teams have been preparing mentally. AE is an awful fast team and has a lot of closing speed on the ball. Same goes for EHS. The end result will be the team that wants it more. Too close of a game too predict... Lets just see the outcome and hope that there are no injuries. Win or Lose both teams have their own victory for making it thus far. Please inform the final score asap.

Ok answer me this Asheville ranked third in their classification when during this season has Austin-East been ranked third in their classification thats right i didnt think so and i cant believe you think their as good as Asheville. But ive said all week what happened last week, early season, or last year will not matter only the final score tonight. GOOD LUCK CYCLONES

I just checked the T$$AA site and can you believe they still have this game being played? Haven't they looked at the matchup. Why is a Knoxville team having to go to upper East Tennessee to play a team there. Don't they know AE has to play Alcoa next week and does not have time for such mess? Maybe the game will be stopped in the first quarter and let them get back to Knoxville where real football is played not that sissy game played in Upper East Tennessee. I just hope T$$AA sees the error of there ways in that no one can stop the speed of AE they are faster than Obama with a checkbook.

I just checked the T$$AA site and can you believe they still have this game being played? Haven't they looked at the matchup. Why is a Knoxville team having to go to upper East Tennessee to play a team there. Don't they know AE has to play Alcoa next week and does not have time for such mess? Maybe the game will be stopped in the first quarter and let them get back to Knoxville where real football is played not that sissy game played in Upper East Tennessee. I just hope T$$AA sees the error of there ways in that no one can stop the speed of AE they are faster than Obama with a checkbook.

Im sure in my younger days i said and done some dum things but i know nothing i've ever said was as dum or stupid as your last comments

10-0-1 they are ranked fourth in 3A... and what does that mean anyway?? Two of the top 5 in TN are not even in the playoffs now... You know as well as I do that rankings in HS are a joke for the most part.

And whoever said AHS had a bunch of DI players must be talking to someone who has self-appointed their players DI because I cannot find anyone that is DI. If we are self appointing DI players AE has 4

We are looking forward to the game tonight... things should be settled quick.

10-0-1 they are ranked fourth in 3A... and what does that mean anyway?? Two of the top 5 in TN are not even in the playoffs now... You know as well as I do that rankings in HS are a joke for the most part.

And whoever said AHS had a bunch of DI players must be talking to someone who has self-appointed their players DI because I cannot find anyone that is DI. If we are self appointing DI players AE has 4

We are looking forward to the game tonight... things should be settled quick.

I will be one of the first to get on here and say good job after the game tonight how about you and the fans from knoxville.

I think that both teams fans are overestimating themselves....

Betsy has a good opportunity in front of them if Coach W does not spot AE a 7 point lead like he did against CAK. Between handing the Warriors 7 points and missing several chances to score late E-Town had better finish anything that they start tonight. Red zone offense is key.

AE on offense will have their hands full against Betsy as well. They are pretty disciplined and it will be tough to bust "the big one" against them.

I can see AE breaking a big play here and there, but they as well need to score on those big plays as Eliz defense is tough to score on when their back is to the goal.

I will call a low scoring game (by both of these teams standard anyway) with AE coming out on top 21-20 only because AE doesn't show up to kick field goals and Betsy will settle for one or two along the way.