Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did GP just quit or is AE that Good,I was at the game and AE is that good.Betsy will be in for a shock when those backs turn the corner, blink your eye and thier 15 yds down the field. And thier def.is very solid and very fast.I don't care how close teams played in them reg. season.AE 42-7 if that close.[/quote Well harley04 you were wrong again and i told everyone on here we were no GP.

Im sure in my younger days i said and done some dum things but i know nothing i've ever said was as dum or stupid as your last comments

At least I'm smart enough to recognize sarcasm

Dont give someone a reason to beat you, like i said early in the week dont let your mouth write a check your butt cant cash. The players will decide the game not fans and parents, too many people live in the past this is a big game for EHS they have a chance to prove a point and i know they will.

I guess that check did not bounce like AE was bounced from the playoffs. AE has never seen overall team speed like Elizabethton, Our D-Line was faster than the AE backs. They would not have scored but for Elizabethton giving then 45 yards in penilties. 95 yard TD run up the middle. that Magnum PI can fly. Alcoa has paid for their hotel rooms in Cookville already. Poor Elizabethton, they don't stand a chance against a Knoxville team... Somebody needs to tell them that.

Pudding thanks for the complements and i do aggree that betsy is as quick as any team in 3A and both teams have played good schedules .

Any team in 3A in the whole state? Have you seen Tyner, Howard, Alcoa, Austin-East, Pearl-Cohn?? I suspect that this opinion has no basis. Maybe they are as quick as anybody in north east TN.

Has anyone on this post seen Austin-East play? Austin-East has more team speed than Elizabethton. I've seen betsy on film.

ColumbiaBlueNScarlet it is clear now you know nothing about speed . Asheville was much quicker than AE .

Well Said!!!!

Etown has stuggle in recent years but I played with Coach Witten when Etown was a power house and we did play up! Every school we played was much bigger but we always came to play!!! Until the fourth round when we always hit Maryville. Coach Witten knows what it takes in the playoffs and he knows that any team left will be good!! AE is good but I know the CYCLONES will be ready and playing at home will be the difference!!!

Great Job to both teams this year!

GO CYCLONES!

Powerhouse? Did you mean to say north east TN powerhouse for three years? Every time Elizabethton played somebody from Knoxville, they lost...

1995 lost to Powell in the 1st round

1996 lost to Powell in the 1st round

1997 lost to Maryville in the semis

1998 lost to Maryville in the semis

1999 lost to Knox Central in the semis

2000 lost to Greeneville in the 2nd round

Who has Elizabethton ever beat that was not in north east TN?

2009 beat AE 31-8 How does it feel to be the first K-TOWN team to lose to BETSY .

For all of you Knoxville people that said that NET Football was not even close to K-town football, well i guess that 31-8 might say other wise

GO CYCLONES

R T D [/quote

Dont get to cocky ! everyone knows the real football in 3a is Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon. GP always falls first round. Remember, CAK had a less than normal game and beat you at your place. I think Betsy is as good as CAK and Loudon, but A/E not in same class. It will be interesting to see which wind storm wins next week. Having played both, IMO, Alcoa big

For all of you Knoxville people that said that NET Football was not even close to K-town football, well i guess that 31-8 might say other wise

GO CYCLONES

R T D [/quote

Dont get to cocky ! everyone knows the real football in 3a is Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon. GP always falls first round. Remember, CAK had a less than normal game and beat you at your place. I think Betsy is as good as CAK and Loudon, but A/E not in same class. It will be interesting to see which wind storm wins next week. Having played both, IMO, Alcoa big

Believe me were not cocky but this team just keeps proving everyone wrong and they finally beat that K-TOWN team and i might remind you when we played CAK our QB and NO 14 went out in that game not to mention a missed XP and 2 missed field goals.Were proud of you BETSY. RDT